Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

When Comparing Quarterbacks, what is your "system"?

So I think this would clear up a lot of confusion if people laid down the system that they use for personally ranking Quarterbacks.

For instance if someone puts a higher stock in Superbowls than another then they will never really agree on each other ranking, however I find they continue to debate back and forth (I'm guilty of this as well) instead of simply saying "we use different criteria for our rankings, therefore our results are different".

For me personally I put a tremendous amount of stock in Clutch play. Perhaps it's because I'm a Niners fan and therefore marvel at Joe Montana, but I think the ability to pull a win out in critical moments on a consistent basis is a big difference between quality Quarterbacks and truly great ones.

For me, I don't think you can be labelled a truly great Quarterback until you have the following 3 items:

1). The ability to play well in the clutch (evidenced by clutch moments)
    2). Statistical dominance vs peers
    3). Playoff success (not necessarily SB, just success in playoffs)

I think having all 3 of those guarantees greatness.

But enough about me! What is your system for ranking Quarterbacks (if you have one?)

(Also, if you have a problem with personally as a poster please don't post or at the least keep your bias against me outside the forum. Bottom line: keep it civil!)

vCash
    madden ratings
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I use WAR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    madden ratings
    Actually the Top 6 in madden are:

Tom Brady
    Petyon Manning
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Phillip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger

Not bad...

vCash
    I go to PFR, sort passer rating and thats how I rate them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    I use WAR.
    Wasn't funny the first time you said it. Still isn't.

vCash
    I use WAR.
    As one of the very many things I look at, the amount of wins they had above the expected amount given the performance of their defense is certainly something I look at. So do most knowledgable people I know of.

vCash
    Whether or not they play in NY is part of my equation according to members of this website.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    As one of the very many things I look at, the amount of wins they had above the expected amount given the performance of their defense is certainly something I look at. So do most knowledgable people I know of.
    So how do you exactly do you include every variable on a football field to narrow down one player's WAR? Is the size of the left tackle's breakfast included?

Said it before and I'll say it again (even though you oh so knowledgeable people use it), WAR for the NFL is the dumbest **** I've ever heard and only given any credibility by those who are infected with the disease of the modern internet football fan that actually makes one think everything you need to know is in a stat sheet. So very sad. And these people are so pompous, to boot! It's mind-blowing.

Just imagine someone approaching Bill Parcell's in a meeting with some player's WAR. His *** would be on the pavement before he could finish his sentence. Because NO ONE who actually works in football or has any experience in football would ever give this utter nonsense a second's worth of attention.
    Last edited by Mr Haha; 03-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    So how do you exactly do you include every variable on a football field to narrow down one player's WAR? Is the size of the left tackle's breakfast included?

Said it before and I'll say it again (even though you oh so knowledgeable people use it), WAR for the NFL is the dumbest **** I've ever heard and only given any credibility by those who are infected with the disease of the modern internet football fan that actually makes one think everything you need to know is in a stat sheet. So very sad. And these people are so pompous, to boot! It's mind-blowing.

Just imagine someone approaching Bill Parcell's in a meeting with some player's WAR. His *** would be on the pavement before he could finish his sentence. Because NO ONE who actually works in football or has any experience in football would ever give this utter nonsense a second's worth of attention.

Where did anyone say everything can be found in a stat sheet? I've asked this multiple times, yet no one as yet to show me where anyone has said this. You seem to think anyone who doesn't use winning as a factor just looks at stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Where did anyone say everything can be found in a stat sheet? I've asked this multiple times, yet no one as yet to show me where anyone has said this. You seem to think anyone who doesn't use winning as a factor just looks at stats.
    No one ever says this explicitly, they just act like it repeatedly through their arguments. I've never said that anyone says this, only that they act like it by denying any non-statistical evidence and only using statistical evidence. It happens on this site all the time, by folks just like yourself!

Read more closely.

vCash
    If federal Reserve endorses them they suck. Stats are to main stream I use the sure that QB is good but this one you probably never have heard of and he is better system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    If federal Reserve endorses them they suck. Stats are to main stream I use the sure that QB is good but this one you probably never have heard of and he is better system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually the Top 6 in madden are:

Tom Brady
    Petyon Manning
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Phillip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger

Not bad...
    obviously im ok with that
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I knew about all the good QB's before anyone else did and once they become well known they are no longer good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast