Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Parcells open to Coaching Saints?

sportscenter just tweeted this and I think its noteworthy:
    "If this guy [Sean Payton] says to me, 'Bill, I need you to do this.' That's what friends are supposed to be for" -Parcells (via Newsday)
    So the question is will Payton ask?

https://twitter.com/#!/SportsCenter
    Last edited by Giannis94; 03-28-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

I think Parcells is going to wait and see how the player suspensions turn out

Parcells said he will do it if asked

Bill Parcells would try to reinstate the bounty system.

I love the sig jneises21 !!

is parcells willing to let his HOF clock restart? cause that is what will happen
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    is parcells willing to let his HOF clock restart? cause that is what will happen
    I hope he turns it down. The HOF should be his next step. Sean Peyton is such a selfish little *****. After a year, i guess he wants his job back. .....what if they win the SB and Bill wants to stay?

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Honestly, if you put yourself in his shoes, wouldn't you do the same thing? If I had a friend that was in a really bad spot (even if it was his own fault) that asked for my help, I wouldn't be worrying about some award that I would delay getting in the future. I would help that friend. That's all he's saying and I agree with him 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkManJan02 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Luxy312 View Post
    Honestly, if you put yourself in his shoes, wouldn't you do the same thing? If I had a friend that was in a really bad spot (even if it was his own fault) that asked for my help, I wouldn't be worrying about some award that I would delay getting in the future. I would help that friend. That's all he's saying and I agree with him 100%.
    i would for sure. but im not parcells
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

I admire Parcells stepping up for Payton but I can't but feel the whole situation is sketchy. It just feels like this makes Payton's suspension too easy. It ensures that when Parcells takes the interim title he's just keeping Payton's seat warm. If some scrub came in and still led the team to the playoffs the team would definitely reconsider Payton's $7mil contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Correctnicity View Post
    I admire Parcells stepping up for Payton but I can't but feel the whole situation is sketchy. It just feels like this makes Payton's suspension too easy. It ensures that when Parcells takes the interim title he's just keeping Payton's seat warm. If some scrub came in and still led the team to the playoffs the team would definitely reconsider Payton's $7mil contract.
    Or worst....Brees or somebody significant goes down and the team start losing games under Parcells for the year.......If I'm Parcells Im not listening to Payton, he's a **** up. Parcells yelled at him for most of his career as an assistant.

I don't think Bill could stomach the Giants beating his team in the playoffs. It would devastate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I hope he turns it down. The HOF should be his next step. Sean Peyton is such a selfish little *****. After a year, i guess he wants his job back. .....what if they win the SB and Bill wants to stay?
    Bingo. That's exactly what Payton is trying to do, set up a situation where Parcells does a one and done and little Sean gets his job back. God forbid they hire some interested in coaching who does a good job, then Payton would be on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Bingo. That's exactly what Payton is trying to do, set up a situation where Parcells does a one and done and little Sean gets his job back. God forbid they hire some interested in coaching who does a good job, then Payton would be on the outside looking in.
    Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell introduces a new rule following this year to block such a thing happening again, if it does.