Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    1st rd- Whitney Mercilus DE
    2nd rd-Bobby Massie OT
    3rd rd-LaMichael James RB
    4th rd-George Iloka SS

vCash
    i would like the chargers to draft lamichael james with their 2nd pick. great value for the the 2nd best rb in the country. he is a beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    i would like the chargers to draft lamichael james with their 2nd pick. great value for the the 2nd best rb in the country. he is a beast.
    I have lived in Portland for the past 14 years. I don't like the Ducks, but I have seen a lot of LMJ while he was up here. I think he could be our new Sproles, yet he is bigger and faster. You are probably right, in order to get him we would have to take him with our 2nd rd pick. I think we need OL help in the 2nd rd though, better value I guess. Still, LMJ is someone that could help us right now.
    Last edited by sdsportsfan; 04-05-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    they should definitely pick up an OT in the 1st round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    they should definitely pick up an OT in the 1st round.
    I think we go for a pass rusher in the 1st, especially now that Manning is in our division. We had his number for a few years in a row, because we could get to him. I think OT in the 2nd rd, then maybe trade up to get LMJ?

vCash
    AJ said that with Garay and Castillo back, he will probably go o-line with the first pick, but then he also said that he will take the best player available. hmmmm.
    With the recent moves, I like an o-lineman with the 18th pick. If he does pick Barron, then I hope that he is a beast for us. I'm pretty skeptical about him being worth a 1st round pick
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    AJ said that with Garay and Castillo back, he will probably go o-line with the first pick, but then he also said that he will take the best player available. hmmmm.
    With the recent moves, I like an o-lineman with the 18th pick. If he does pick Barron, then I hope that he is a beast for us. I'm pretty skeptical about him being worth a 1st round pick
    True, I guess with both of them back, we should take care of our OL. I thought Barron would go higher based on some mock drafts. With AJ you never know!

vCash
    I would be disappointed if they took mercilus

vCash
    with Philips, Johnson, Barnes, English and Laboy at OLB
    I find it very unlikely A. J drafts a passrusher and you just dont take a Safety at #18.

I think more likely for us @ #18
    Best OL available( Decastro, Martin, Cordy Glenn)

or best CB

vCash
    They have to pass rush first no matter what great offensive player is available. The pass rush other than Barnes was piss poor this past season and I know we fired Manusky and got Pagano but even Pagano needs good players. SP is getting old too.

Whitney Mercilus is the perfect guy for us to take IMO. He's good great athleticism and perfect size and skill to be an OLB in the 3-4 defense. His pass rushing skills have been compared to NYG's Pierre Paul so you know he's legit.

vCash
    Our o-line now has
    LT- Gaither
    LG- contest between Dombrowski and Tyronne Green
    C-Hardwick
    RG-Vasquez
    RT-Clary
    Backups T Mario Henderson ,G/C Mruczkowski, T/GSchilling and the loser of Green/Dombrowski.
    We are not in bad shape on o-line now.
    At DE we have Liuget, Martin,Castillo,Cesaire.
    NT-Garay and Thomas
    We are not in bad shape on d-line
    OLB- Shaun Phillips, Barnes (not an every-down OLB) English (always a MAYBE) Johnson, LaBoy.
    Not a bad group, but old as hell. This is our obvious need NOW.
    ILB we have Spikes, Butler, Williams and I expect Mouton to develop into more than ST player.
    So now, I like taking a DE/OLB with the 18th pick. Whoever is the best player left at that position.
    In the second, we take safety Harrison Smith because we need another safety and I think he will be there at #50
    If Decastro somehow fell to 18, I'd still take him though.
    Last edited by gattaca; 04-17-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

vCash
    If Mark Barron drops to #18 (possible if QB, LT, and OLB start going early), we'll snatch him. If not, we'll take an elite pass rusher. Larry English will not make the roster this year. You can take that to the bank. We have a bad habit of first rounds picks not lasting more than 3 years or so. That's why this draft is so important.

If we take anything but an OLB, S, or T with the first 3 picks, I'll be very unhappy.

vCash
    Hey guys, I was in control for the Chargers in the PSD NFL Draft Forum Mock Draft. I'll post my picks below. How do you think I did?

Rd 1: OT/OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia- I thought about Perry and Mercilus here, but I think Glenn is the superior prospect. I think he can stick at RT, at very worst I think he will be an excellent OG.

Rd 2: OLB Shea McClellin, Boise St- He was the best value in Rd 2 and fit what I thought was a big need for SD.

Rd 3: CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina- I was looking for a Safety but this is a weak class. Norman is a big project but a huge talent for a 3rd Rd guy.

Rd 4: OT Jeff Allen, Illinois- This pick doesn't force Glenn to play RT, as I think that will be Allen's best position but should Gaither's back problems come back he can be servicable at LT. At worst a good swing OT.

Rd 5: LB Demario Davis, Arkansas St- TBH, I don't know if you have a successor to Takeo Spikes, so I took Davis as a good developmental talent.

Rd 6: WR Gerrell Robinson, Arizona St- A WR with redzone value to help replace VJax size in the redzone.

Rd 7: RB Terrance Ganaway, Baylor- I was looking to get Pead as a Sproles replacement. He was gone though so I went for a Tolbert replacement.

Rd 7 (comp pick): TE Drake Dunsmore, Northwester- TE/pass catching depth as Gates/McMichael insurance.

vCash
    A RT in the first round? No way.

vCash
    I agree, no RT in the first, but we will look for one in the 2nd or 3rd, especially if one drops out of the first round. I've got to believe safety and OLB pass rusher are at the top. Safety would help us in run support, which was horrid last year, and a pass rusher would make us better all around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast