Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Latos said that he is fine and that he would not miss any starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaAJ View Post
    I think unfortunately it sounds like it will be closer by committee. Dusty said in a article that he doesn't want to pitch Marshall 3 days in a row. Honestly I think Masset could do it yeah he had a bad year last year but he has the electric stuff you need to be a closer in the Majors.
    I hate closer by committee. it never works. it puts too much stress on the inexperienced pitchers. Idk why Dusty doesn't want to just use Marshal. seams like a no brainer to me. no way should Masset be closing. he would be more scary than Cordero.

vCash
    What about a trade for Brandon League? He is due to make 5mil in 2012. I would think the Mariners would be willing to move him since this is the last year on his current deal. They could also use a power hitting Third Baseman like Juan Francisco. Throw in a few minor league players or maybe Homer Bailey and that should free up enough money to get it done.

I've read that Kevin Gregg may also be a possibility.

vCash
    There was a pretty good team that had the following:

Player A: 31 Saves
    Player B: 2 Saves
    Player C: 4 Saves
    Player D: 11 Saves
    Player E: 2 Saves

Now, granted, there was one MAIN guy, but there were still 19 saves from players other than the main guy...

The Team and the Players...The 1990 Cincinnati Reds!

Randy Myers
    Norm Charlton
    Rick Mahler
    Rob Dibble
    Tim Layana

Not saying I am for the BP by Committee...just that it has worked before in a Large way...
    Last edited by Vottomatic19; 03-27-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    The Reds also worked out free agent Mike Gonzalez on Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    The Team and the Players...The 1990 Cincinnati Reds!
    I wouldn't be too bothered with a Closer by Committee. Only thing is Dusty doesn't like it and he won't do it. Heard him say so on the radio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post

Mike Gonzalez Auditioned For Reds

By Mike Axisa [March 27 at 9:21pm CST]

Mike Gonzalez was spotted throwing a bullpen session during an audition for the Reds at their Spring Training complex on Monday, reports Mark Sheldon of MLB.com. With Sean Marshall set to close following Ryan Madson's injury, Cincinnati could be looking to add a left-handed setup man.

Gonzalez, 33, remains a free agent despite recent interest from the Red Sox, Indians, White Sox, and Rangers. The lefty reliever had knee surgery early in the offseason and appears unwilling to sign a minor league contract at the moment.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...-for-reds.html

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    that could work out if we can give him a minor league contract. he's not the player he used to be, but at 33, he might still have some in him.

vCash
    I would rather sign back Arthur Rhodes...plus he'd likely be cheaper...
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    that could work out if we can give him a minor league contract. he's not the player he used to be, but at 33, he might still have some in him.
    He said that he is not willing to sign a minor league deal. Only wants a big league contract.

vCash
    I wouldn't want to give him a big league deal. honestly no one with half a brain would, especially this late, and because he's still a liability. no guarantee he's the pitcher he used to be. Reds should offer him a minor league contract, and he if he accept it great, if not, oh well, someone else can sign him.

hopefully some decent relievers get cut here in the next few days the Reds could sign

vCash
    Danny Graves is coming back to save the day

GODS OF JUICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freel for prez View Post
    Danny Graves is coming back to save the day
    LOL nice he was good back in the day but I still can't forget that epic Collapse vs the Cards that hurt bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I hate closer by committee. it never works. it puts too much stress on the inexperienced pitchers. Idk why Dusty doesn't want to just use Marshal. seams like a no brainer to me. no way should Masset be closing. he would be more scary than Cordero.
    I think closer by committee is the way to go for most teams. If a manager gets away from strict bullpen roles I think that helps teams play the match ups better.

I think closer by committee gets a bad name because teams that use closer by committee don't have any elite relievers. The reds had Marshall and he's definitely an elite reliever. They also have other guys who have had good success in the past. I think they're a team that can make it work if they choose to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123