Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/blogs/yankeesblog/yankees_chamberlain_expects_july_IM2Iz

TAMPA Joba Chamberlain expects to be back on a mound in July, according to Yankees GM Brian Cashman.
    The reliever who suffered an ugly injury to his right ankle in a freak accident on a trampoline Thursday is likely out for the season with an open dislocation, meaning the bone tore through ligaments and broke through the skin.
    "He was saying he could be back on the mound in July, that's what the doctors are telling him," said Cashman, who visited Chamberlain at St. Joseph's Hospital on Friday. "That's the optimistic side."
    He cautioned, though, that there's no guarantee he will return at all: "As any orthopedic will tell you, you have to go through the whole spectrum."
    Chamberlain suffered the injury at a children's recreation place with his 5-year-old son Karter, while jumping on a type of trampoline.
    His chances of pitching in the majors this season remains small and the risk of infection remains, although Chamberlain told Cashman he could be released as early as Saturday or Sunday.
    Doctors have said he won't be able to do any weight-bearing activity for anywhere from six weeks to three months, which will also impact his recovery from Tommy John surgery last year. The Yankees had hoped he could be in their bullpen by June.
    "The way I work this stuff, my mindset is, until they're close to knocking on the door, [I don't think about it]," Cashman said. "Obviously, in Joba's case, it's still a question of when he comes back. I just hope we're in a position where he can come back."
    Cashman also said again that he is not thinking about Chamberlain's non-guaranteed, $1.675 million deal for this season.
    "I haven't looked at that at all," The GM said.
    When asked if he was mad about the injury, as he has been in the past about other off-field incidents, Cashman said: "I'm sad about it. It's just a tragic, freak accident."
    He compared it to riding a jet ski.
    "You sign a waiver and you don't think twice that there's risk," Cashman said. "He was being a father."
    And he doesn't know whether he will tell the team to refrain from other potentially dangerous situations.
    "It's hard to say," Cashman said. "It's hard to tell a group of people not to be a father."

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/blogs/y...IKWmOngpEXVjaI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    No, putting him in the rotation was the mistake.
    He was drafted as a starter. Hell the main reason they put him in the pen was because he was so good as a starter in the minors. They help create the insane expectations that he would never be able to live up to
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Everyone knows he was drafted as a starter. That doesn't mean anything. So was Papelbon but the Red Sox realized he was better suited as a reliever. Joba had poor mechanics and should have stayed in the pen. Nothing we can do about it now.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Only one person doesn't understand the ignore list. Predictable and cowardly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Everyone knows he was drafted as a starter. That doesn't mean anything. So was Papelbon but the Red Sox realized he was better suited as a reliever. Joba had poor mechanics and should have stayed in the pen. Nothing we can do about it now.
    Papelbon was a reliever in college. I think he started in HS and they felt maybe he could be a starter again in majors. My point is the Yankees didn't need him as a reliever then or now. His impact on the pen is minimal. He would have been better suited to start because they desperately needed starters especially young ones.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Just sad. This ***** was at the top of his game 5 years ago, but the Yankees ****ed with his development and he has sucked ever since.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123