Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: pick one

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • smith

    71 71.72%
  • sanchez

    28 28.28%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 159
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,428
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well, efficiency wise Alex Smith just had the best season Sanchez will ever have in his career too...
    Probably true. But the question is "who would you rather have for the rest of their career?"
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Alex Smith likely just had the best season he will ever have in his career. Sanchez is younger and while I dont ever see him being a "good" qb, I think he has a lot more room for improvement...and I think Alex Smith is basically maxed out. So, for the rest of their careers I would probably take Sanchez.
    alex smiths maxed out season will more likely than not be much better than sanchezs best, and there is no reason to think smith will suddenyl deteriorate. he has been good the lats 3 years, despite most of us not noticing
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The most amusing part of this true statement is that no one outside of NY would ever want Sanchez on their team. He is stuck there.
    and i bet they all turn on him immediately when he is no longer a jet
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsports2 View Post
    Lol ino right just imagine what psd is gonna be like when the jets win the superbowl
    no one will car ebecuas ethey will have replaced mark sanchez with a decent qb before that happens
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,428
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    alex smiths maxed out season will more likely than not be much better than sanchezs best, and there is no reason to think smith will suddenyl deteriorate. he has been good the lats 3 years, despite most of us not noticing
    That's great. The question is "who would you rather have for the rest of their career?" I dont care what Alex Smith did last year...I don't see him repeating it at any point during "the rest of his career" while I do see Sanchez improving still.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    That's great. The question is "who would you rather have for the rest of their career?" I dont care what Alex Smith did last year...I don't see him repeating it at any point during "the rest of his career" while I do see Sanchez improving still.
    funny, because i addressed that in my post. did you just stop reading beofre io said there no signs of him falling back? just like thers no signs sanchez will ever be anything biut average
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,428
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    funny, because i addressed that in my post. did you just stop reading beofre io said there no signs of him falling back? just like thers no signs sanchez will ever be anything biut average
    There are definitely reasons to think Smith with deteriorate. Quick, name the last QB in NFL history to start full seasons and throw 5 or less picks two years in a row. Also while you're at it, name QBs who have thrown 10 or less picks two years in a row while starting full seasons....the list on 10 and below is probably very small I would imagine. Brady has never done it. Peyton has never done it. But i'm supposed to believe Alex Smith can do it two years in a row and not regress? GTFO.

    The ONLY thing that made Alex Smith's season somewhat good last year was the lack of interceptions. Everything else was below average. He won't repeat the lack of interceptions again and history shows that.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 03-23-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    477
    vCash
    1500
    id take smith its kind of hard when u have a team who changes coordinators and coaches every year to be successful last year he had a good coach in harbaugh and a great defense and they did pretty well also i think he is more mobile in the pocket while sanchez relys on his line to hold up long enough to throw
    i love the yankee haters you make us what we are today

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    778
    vCash
    1500
    What is this the QB special olympics contest?

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    10,029
    vCash
    1500
    Depends on the defense.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    20,674
    vCash
    1500
    A gun

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,537
    vCash
    1500
    Smith. Sanchez may not even be starting by the midpoint of the season. Smith will be the starter for awhile in San Francisco.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    427
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    There are definitely reasons to think Smith with deteriorate. Quick, name the last QB in NFL history to start full seasons and throw 5 or less picks two years in a row. Also while you're at it, name QBs who have thrown 10 or less picks two years in a row while starting full seasons....the list on 10 and below is probably very small I would imagine. Brady has never done it. Peyton has never done it. But i'm supposed to believe Alex Smith can do it two years in a row and not regress? GTFO.

    The ONLY thing that made Alex Smith's season somewhat good last year was the lack of interceptions. Everything else was below average. He won't repeat the lack of interceptions again and history shows that.
    So you're saying, because he won't go a season without throwing more than 5 INTs again, it means that he regressed? He's finally getting a second year in a decent offense and he's somehow supposed to be a worse player?

    A second year with much better receiving options and he's supposed to not throw for more yards or TDs?

    A second year with a better OL that now has an off-season to actually learn all of the nuances of Harbaugh's blocking scheme and somehow Alex Smith is going to play worse because he has better pass protection?

    He's going to play worse now because he will no longer have Brett Swain and Joe Hastings to throw to but will instead have Randy Moss and Mario Manningham, two NFL starting caliber WRs, in place of the practice squad level talent that the 49ers had behind Crabtree and Williams, and somehow Alex Smith is going to not be able to improve the passing game over what he did last year with the trash that the 49ers had at WR? He won't be able to improve with an off-season to get used to his new WRs as well as the ones currently on his roster?

    Really? He's going to get worse with the QB guru, Jim Harbaugh, finally having a real off-season to work with Alex Smith. The same guy who groomed Andrew Luck at Stanford is not going to be able to get all he can out of Alex Smith who was a former #1 overall pick that was thrown to the dogs from day 1 in SF? Please, take a seat.

    "It was my fault, I shook your hand too hard."

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ichitownclowni View Post
    A gun
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

    PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33,406
    vCash
    1000
    Alex Smith. Not easily, but Smith had some big moments last year and I could probably win with Smith.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •