• smith

71 71.72%
  • sanchez

28 28.28%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    By all means elaborate.
    being a mediocre qb the whole yr with some clutch moments.. defense and running game being the strength of the team and going to the championship game... both made bi plays sanchez in his career has made more

Thanks 2 knicksr4real for holdn nycsports down with the hottest sig on psd!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsports2 View Post
    being a mediocre qb the whole yr with some clutch moments.. defense and running game being the strength of the team and going to the championship game... both made bi plays sanchez in his career has made more
    sanchez isn't evne mediocre. hes bad
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    4th quarter qb rating?
    2009: 46.5
    2010: 66.7
    2011: 83.6

Yea he had an awesome 2nd year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    sanchez isn't evne mediocre. hes bad
    pretty much agree too disagree theres so many loopholes whether its oline receivers o-coord everyones entitled too there own opinon...i dont ever think sanchez will be elite however i do think he can be a good qb

vCash
    Not true. I HATE ridiculous NY homers. Please, get out of here. You all waste so much of PSD's valuable time.

Smith has had 1 good team.
    Sanchez has had 2.

When they had good teams, they got to the AFC Championship game.

Smith had the better record.
    Smith had the better stats.
    Smith would have gotten his team to the SB without a moron punt returner.

Sanchez isn't close.

Smith's INT%???? 1.1%

When Sanchez can get close to that number in his dreams, let me know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    2009: 46.5
    2010: 66.7
    2011: 83.6

Yea he had an awesome 2nd year.
    won 11 games his 2nd yr and he had alot of clutch games where he was the difference (against your steelers he had 2 good games actually)

vCash
    pretty much agree too disagree theres so many loopholes whether its oline receivers o-coord everyones entitled too there own opinon...i dont ever think sanchez will be elite however i do think he can be a good qb
    Nah. QB's just don't progress at this point.

vCash
    i didnt say he cant be, i just said he hasn't been yet. i personally dont think he will be, but never said he cant be good
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    The Jets org just killed any chance of Sanchez having a chance to develop into a real good QB in NY So i'd go with Smith

vCash
    won 11 games his 2nd yr and he had alot of clutch games where he was the difference (against your steelers he had 2 good games actually)
    I'm not a Steeler's fan, lol. Just stop.

vCash
    do you think the jets wouldve been better with smith this past yr?? sanchez did get sacked about 40 times it really wasnt just him believe me he def ****s up sometimes but plax couldnt really get seperation and santonio was so underutilized... they should really run alot more bootleg for sanchez i think hes waaaaay better outside the pocket due to his size
    Alex Smith was sacked 44 times, so they both had that problem to deal with.

Well, looking at the numbers, Sanchez last year threw TDs at a higher rate than Smith did although Alex Smith didn't turn the ball over nearly as much. Some more statistical analysis shows that Sanchez only threw for about 20 more yards per game than Smith and he did so at a lower % (and for less Y/A).

Looking outside the stats here's what I believe: Sanchez and Smith are both inconsistent with their accuracy. Furthermore, I believe both are hesitant and unsure when it comes to reading defenses at times. The difference I see between them is Sanchez will make riskier throws against the defenses (leading to his lower comp. % and higher INT%) in an effort to make a play whereas Smith will usually check it down if he's not sure of what the defense is doing (leading to his higher comp. % and lower INT% but also lower TD%).

Both Quarterbacks need to become more consistent with their accuracy and better at their ability to read defenses. But right now I'd take Smith simply because neither team needs a QB that makes unncessarily risky throws like Sanchez sometimes does.

Both aren't going to carry your offense via the passing game but Smith protects the football far better and generally makes the smarter play, so I'd take Smith.

vCash
    He has Ferugson and Mangold on his line, that o-line is not that bad. And Holmes and Plax have much more on their resume than Suckchez, including two Super Bowl winning catches. Eli and Ben had no issues with those guys. Perhaps Holmes and Plax acted out last year because their QB just can't play? Like I said with Jet fans if it makes too much sense, it must be untrue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Alex Smith was sacked 44 times, so they both had that problem to deal with.

Well, looking at the numbers, Sanchez last year threw TDs at a higher rate than Smith did although Alex Smith didn't turn the ball over nearly as much. Some more statistical analysis shows that Sanchez only threw for about 20 more yards per game than Smith and he did so at a lower % (and for less Y/A).

Looking outside the stats here's what I believe: Sanchez and Smith are both inconsistent with their accuracy. Furthermore, I believe both are hesitant and unsure when it comes to reading defenses at times. The difference I see between them is Sanchez will make riskier throws against the defenses (leading to his lower comp. % and higher INT%) in an effort to make a play whereas Smith will usually check it down if he's not sure of what the defense is doing (leading to his higher comp. % and lower INT% but also lower TD%).

Both Quarterbacks need to become more consistent with their accuracy and better at their ability to read defenses. But right now I'd take Smith simply because neither team needs a QB that makes unncessarily risky throws like Sanchez sometimes does.

Both aren't going to carry your offense via the passing game but Smith protects the football far better and generally makes the smarter play, so I'd take Smith.
    best analysis ive seen thus far

vCash
    i would take neither but if my qb went down and i need one of them, ill go with alex smith. Mark Sanchez is a cry baby.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    I'm not a Steeler's fan, lol. Just stop.
    lol didnt notice but **** you anyway lol still had good games those 2

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast