99. You may not vote on this poll
  • smith

71 71.72%
  • sanchez

28 28.28%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    I think they will both be busts in the NFL.
    You don't have the ability to see the future. Only the past.

This already happened.

vCash
    Alex Smith by default for me.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You don't have the ability to see the future. Only the past.

This already happened.
    Shhh the fact that this argument is being had gives me the confidence to believe these people are stupid enough to believe me.

vCash
    I can't see Smith getting worse next year. By the end of the season his top 3 WR's were Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams and Brett Swain. The 49ers have added Moss (huge wild card) and Manningham, plus there is still the draft.

Urban Meyer famously said that in the first year in a new offense, Alex Smith would be non-functional. He has to know everything inside and out about an offense to be comfortable. Last season he had no minicamps, no OTA's, just a month of training camp before the season started. He had about a week of practices before the first preseason game.

Now that he will have a full season in Harbaugh and Greg Roman's offense under his belt and a full offseason, he should feel a lot more comfortable to start the season. He also should have better weapons. Like I said, can't see him getting worse.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    I can't see Smith getting worse next year. By the end of the season his top 3 WR's were Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams and Brett Swain. The 49ers have added Moss (huge wild card) and Manningham, plus there is still the draft.

Urban Meyer famously said that in the first year in a new offense, Alex Smith would be non-functional. He has to know everything inside and out about an offense to be comfortable. Last season he had no minicamps, no OTA's, just a month of training camp before the season started. He had about a week of practices before the first preseason game.

Now that he will have a full season in Harbaugh and Greg Roman's offense under his belt and a full offseason, he should feel a lot more comfortable to start the season. He also should have better weapons. Like I said, can't see him getting worse.
    No offense but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Alex Smith's abilities. How come rookies Cam Newton or Andy Dalton had no problem picking up offenses in their first years but Alex Smith is in his 8th year and that's still an excuse for him?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    No offense but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Alex Smith's abilities. How come rookies Cam Newton or Andy Dalton had no problem picking up offenses in their first years but Alex Smith is in his 8th year and that's still an excuse for him?
    Well, how many offenses have Cam Newton or Andy Dalton had to learn thus far? 1? Alex Smith has now had to learn 8 different offenses as a pro...
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well, how many offenses have Cam Newton or Andy Dalton had to learn thus far? 1? Alex Smith has now had to learn 8 different offenses as a pro...
    Yeah? And he's 1 for 8. Newton and Dalton are 1/1.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    I would say that Mark Sanchez has had to learn 1 offense so far, but I don't even think we can consider it offense.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Yeah? And he's 1 for 8. Newton and Dalton are 1/1.
    I'd say Smith is 2/8 considering he did pretty good his 2nd year in the league with Norv Turner as his OC.

But fair point.
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011