Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bandon Weeden

I BELIEVE - Take him early 2ND!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    This is apart of my Browns and Eagles mock I have on my blog. This is my official Browns mock that I doubt will change from my perspective except maybe having to take Massie or Martin at #22 if no WR is available and picking maybe Sanu or Hill.

Round 1 (#4) – Trent Richardson RB/Alabama

He is the best offensive weapon available in the draft. For a team who struggled as bad on offense as they did last season I think this is a no brainer. Too many analysts are mentioning Ryan Tannehill and it drives me crazy. Colt is a good QB and has the chance to be very good especially with a RB like Richardson who can do it all. He would take an awful lot of pressure off McCoy.

Round 1 (#22) – Kendall Wright WR/Baylor

Wright is a perfect fit for the Browns West Coast Offense that Childress will put together. He’s not Blackmon or Floyd, but trust me he isn’t that far behind. The Browns need to focus on upgrading the play makers on this team and give McCoy a chance to produce.

Round 2 (#5) – Bobby Massie OT/Mississippi

Massie is a big OT who would be plugged into the horrible right side of the offensive line. He is the perfect fit opposite Joe Thomas (who is 1 of the NFL’s best LT) and would give McCoy better protection to find his receivers as well as opening holes for Richardson.

Round 3 (#4) – Trumaine Johnson CB/Montana

Johnson is one of my sleeper picks of the draft. He may not be available at the Browns pick in the 3rd, but I do think he is worth moving up a bit in the 2nd round to grab him. I think he can step in and start opposite Haden from Day 1 and become a strong duo for years to come.

Round 4 (#5) – Ladarius Green TE/La. Lafayette

The Browns have shown interest in him and I feel with the trend of TE’s in the league right now, he’d be a great safety blanket for McCoy. I can see Childress using Green and Evan Moore as he did in Philly with Chad Lewis and L.J. Smith.

Round 4 (#23) – Keenan Robinson OLB/Texas

There is a need at OLB for the Browns with Fujita getting older and possibly facing some time off from the “bounty” scandal going on right now. Robinson has a chance of starting from the beginning of season as well I think would be a good fit next to D’Qwell Jackson in the middle. There are a few other OLB’s I think would be good for the Browns here as well, just their choice.

Round 5 (#4) – B.J. Coleman QB/Chattanooga

Coleman is a great project QB to groom behind McCoy in case he struggles even with the weapons the offense now has. He has nice size and could turn out to be something special.

Round 6 (#5) – Hebron Fangupo DT/BYU

Fangupo would add nice depth to the defensive line behind Rubin and Taylor.

Round 6 (#35) – Ryan Miller OG/Colorado

Great depth to the offensive line. He’s 6’7″ so he’s a guy I would like to give a look at next to Thomas or Massie.

Round 6 (#36) – Eric Page WR/Toledo

A local guy who could be a steal in the draft. He’s little, but I see Wes Welker written all over him, especially in the WCO.

Round 7 (#4) – Vontaze Burfict ILB/Arizona State

With all the picks the Browns have, they can roll the dice and take a chance on a troubled player or two. Burfict could possibly get it together and become a better player behind Jackson.

Round 7 (#38) – Olivier Vernon DE/Miami

Vernon should have stayed in college for his senior season, but he could surprise some people and steal Frostee Rucker’s new job.

Round 7 (#40) – Phillip Thomas FS/Syracuse

Thomas would be good to add depth to the secondary and try to compete for a starting job.

The Browns could easily leave this draft with 5 or 6 starters and possibly 2 players who get playing time. Overall this would be an A+ draft for me.

vCash
    FYI. Trent Richardson doesn't have a Twitter account. That is a fake.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2012/4/...r-was-tweeting

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

vCash
    I thought they were fake too.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    The more I watch Richardson, the more I want him. Taking a rb early is risky, but there are always exceptions to the rule. No rb in the last few years had his talent coming out so it wasn't worth spending high draft picks on them. Also, I think just like last year, the browns are trading up with their #22 pick. My guess is 11 with kc, 14 with Dallas or 16 with the jets to make sure they get their wr either Kendall wright or Michael Floyd. They have so many draft picks, who knows what combo they cold use. Stonevison and sport hound, well done. I think both drafts give the brownies a lot of much needed talent.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind trading up to get the WR we wanted. I would love going to 11 and getting Floyd.

vCash
    I'm all for Richardson at #4 as I've been saying for quite some time. After that, grab skill players on the outside, both at WR and CB. I wouldn't be shocked if they gave a hard look at some of the highly rated cornerbacks that could slide down the board. Dre Kirkpatrick comes to mind. He was originally viewed as a top 10 guy but there's the chance he could slide out of the top 15 - 20. I'm not as high on Jenkins who could certainly make it to the Browns at #22 but he is an option.

Basically, we all know the Browns need to address the RB-WR-OT positions early on but I don't see them at #22 pushing somebody up their board too far just because it is a position of need. If they stay at #4 take Richardson they could go in many different directions with the #22. Trade up 4-5 spots, back 4-5 spots, stay and take their highest rated players. It's almost as much of a mystery as the #4 pick. There are so many different possible outcomes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I wouldn't mind trading up to get the WR we wanted. I would love going to 11 and getting Floyd.
    It would take a lot to get up to the #11 pick. I don't know if they would consider it but it all depends on who slides and how much they like them. Here's who I think is in the market for a WR between the Browns #4 and #22 picks:

#5 - Buccaneers - NO
    Not after signing Vincent Jackson and having the talented third year player Mike Williams and 2nd rounder Arrelious Benn.

#6 - Rams - YES
    The likely landing spot for Justin Blackmon. Bradford needs weapons just as badly as Colt McCoy.

#7 - Jaguars - YES
    Their receiver position is worse than Cleveland's and that is saying something. They could trade up for Blackmon if they like him enough. They might also really covet Michael Floyd.

#8 - Dolphins - YES
    They traded Brandon Marshall to the Bears which leaves them with Davone Bess and Brian Hartline... yikes!!! Michael Floyd could be an option for them.

#9 - Panthers - YES
    Every other spot on their offense is pretty solid. Steve Smith is still playing at an elite level but nobody else has stepped up from their group of young receivers. Plenty of other more pressing needs on defense.

#10 - BILLS - YES
    They re-signed Stevie Johnson and have a couple of guys that broke out like Johnson did. Like the Panthers, they likely won't do to major holes at other positions.

#11 - CHEIFS - NO
    Dwayne Bowe is a monster when he feels like playing and last year's 1st round pick Jonathan Baldwin has flashed game changing potential.

#12 - SEAHAWKS - YES
    Hard to judge what they plan on doing. Sidney Rice didn't do much last year, "Big" Mike Williams didn't continue his comeback like everyone thought and Golden Tate has been just o.k. Flynn could use another weapon if they like the top guy that falls to them

#13 - CARDINALS - YES
    Larry Fitzgerald could still make plays if you quadruple team him but it would still be nice for them to give him some help. Nobody else has been able to take pressure off of him since Anquan Boldin left the dessert.

#14 - COWBOYS - NO
    Tony Romo has weapons everywhere on offense.

#15 - EAGLES - NO
    Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin are a dangerous 1-2 punch and they may add another wideout at some point but not in the 1st round.

#16 - JETS - YES
    Santonio Holmes is without a doubt their #1 but he is one bad decision away from running out of chances in the NFL. They haven't been grooming anyone in years instead choosing to bring in cast-offs. I could see them going WR here but will likely address an aging defense.

#17 - BENGALS - YES
    They hit a home run with AJ Green last year but he could use a running mate to keep defenses honest. I see them likely to go after Kendall Wright if he makes it to them.

#18 - CHARGERS - NO
    They signed every WR the Redskins didn't this off-season. Not happening.

#19 - BEARS - NO
    Lots of people think they might go WR but I don't think so. Adding Marshall gave Cutler his favorite target from Denver not to mention the emergance of his old college teammate Earl Bennett. If Johnnie Knox can come back and Devin Hester fits the new system they will choose to help their aging defense.

#20 - TITANS - NO
    Kenny Britt can be elite if he isn't getting himself in trouble. They have other young guys that are starting to come around in their WCO. Look for them to load up their defense along the d-line and in the secondary.

#21 - BENGALS - YES
    If they didn't look at a WR with the #17 pick they could do it here 4 picks later.

The way I see it, both Blackmon and Floyd are more than likely to be gone in the top 10 but Kendall Wright might last a little longer. If I were Heckert, I would wait to see if he makes it out of the top 15 and maybe try to swing a deal with the Jets who sit at #16. That way they could stick it to the Bengals who could very well covet the speedy, playmaking wideout.

vCash
    would u guys take coby fleener if floyd n wright weren there? hill is unproven n fleener is best o talent left!!!!!!

vCash
    At 22 I I would either take to bpa or maybe trade down a few spots down if no one is there we want badly. I also wouldn't be too upset if we traded up either if it was for the right player.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    how many tightends do u want!! thats not a pressing need for team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    At 22 I I would either take to bpa or maybe trade down a few spots down if no one is there we want badly. I also wouldn't be too upset if we traded up either if it was for the right player.
    That's what I've been thinking for a while now. If Floyd and Wright are both off the board and they don't like any of the WR, OT or CB that are on their board at that spot then why not move down 5 or 6 spots and get some value out of the pick.

Stay at #4 and take the stud offensive playmaker the franchise has been dying for the last few years. After that wheel and deal the rest of the 12 picks and get the best players you can. I would be happy if they continued to trade up with the rest of their picks and came out of the draft with 6 or 7 players. Having 5 players drafted in the 6th or 7th round isn't going to strengthen the roster. Those are hit or miss picks.

vCash
    fleener is a beast!!!

watson is old and cuncusion player, moore is a backup, alex smith blows, and cameron is developmental. he would be best o playmaker left, good tes are good 2 have!!!!!

vCash
    smith doent blow c mon man sounds like u have a man crush on fleener lol its ok mine is jeffery

vCash
    1.4: Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    The Browns could go a number of directions with this pick. They could look at Ryan Tannehill, Justin Blackmon, Trent Richardson or Morris Claiborne. In speaking with some staff members from around the league, they believe that Cleveland is leaning towards Richardson.

This year, Richardson had 24 total touchdowns (21 rushing, three receiving) while running for 1,679 yards. He averaged 5.9 yards per carry with 29 receptions for 338 yards and three touchdowns. Richardson has the explosiveness to break off big plays. Against Arkansas this season, he made a difficult catch on a screen pass and took it 61 yards for a touchdown.

The 5-foot-9, 228-pounder also had dominant games against Florida, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. In both games against LSU, Richardson fought hard against a good defense and played well. He produced even with the Tigers' talented defense focused on stopping him.

WalterFootball.com caught up with his former teammate, Mark Ingram. He explained that Richardson has become a better student of the game, which yielded serious dividends for him in 2011. With better study habits, Richardson now is a complete back with the ability to run through defenders, run away from them, and beat them with intelligence. He can run in short yardage as well as block on third down or run routes out of the backfield.

Richardson ran for 700 yards and six touchdowns in 2010 after rushing for 751 yards and eight scores as a freshman. He averaged 5.6 yards per carry in his first two seasons.

*** OTHER 2012 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Discussed Above - I talked about all of Cleveland's options. Most likely to least likely is Richardson, Tannehill, Claiborne and Blackmon.

1.22:Cleveland Browns: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

Jonathan Martin could go as high as No. 13, so he's a steal at this juncture. He'll offer a huge upgrade at right tackle, a position currently occupied by Oniel Cousins.

Even if Martin is off the board, this selection could be Mike Adams because both Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert love bolstering the offensive front with early draft picks. Why not complement Trent Richardson with a major upgrade on the right side?

*** OTHER 2012 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill, WR - The Browns really need to improve their offense. Adding a receiver is definitely a possibility.

2. Brandon Weeden, QB - Cleveland will draft a quarterback at some point. It could be Weeden here if Holmgren likes him enough.

2.37: Cleveland Browns: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
    The Browns must obtain a receiver with one of their first three picks. I don't see them picking Justin Blackmon at No. 4, so if they pass on Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill at No. 22, they'll almost certainly take a wideout at this juncture. Ryan Tannehill/Colt McCoy needs someone to throw to.

Pick change; previously Alshon Jeffery, WR

3.67 Cleveland Browns: Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
    The Browns have to obtain a quarterback at some point. They can't go into the 2012 season with just Colt McCoy. Brock Osweiler has surprising mobility for someone his size (6-7, 242).

Pick change; previously Kirk Cousins, QB

4.100 Cleveland Browns: Chase Minnifield, CB/KR, Virginia
    It's safe to say that Cleveland fans would love this pick, as Chase Minnifield's father, Frank, was a four-time Pro Bowler for the team in the 80s.

The Browns spent a mid-round pick on Buster Skrine, but he didn't play much as a rookie. With Sheldon Brown turning 33 soon, they'll need another talented cornerback to compete for the starting job across from Joe Haden. You can never have enough talented defensive backs in the NFL.

4.118 Cleveland Browns: DaJohn Harris, DT, USC

It wouldn't hurt to add some depth behind Ahtyba Rubin and Phil Taylor.

Pick change; previously Jaye Howard, DT

5.139 Cleveland Browns: Terrell Manning, OLB, N.C. State
    The Browns re-signed Chris Gocong and D'Qwell Jackson. That leaves just one more linebacker position to be addressed.

5.160 Cleveland Browns: Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami
    Frostee Rucker and Juqua Thomas-Parker were two pretty weak additions to the defensive front. Help is still needed here.

Pick change; previously Malik Jackson, DE
    walterfootball.com

I would not mind any pick in this draft (rare to see). I originally didn't like DaJohn Harris as I would have liked an OLB, but Manning is taken in round 5.
    Last edited by brownies236; 04-09-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Page 39 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast