Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Even with the Saints its still allot to do. Its a huge drag on a person to be a HC in the NFL. So much stuff you have to do and hours you have to put in. Im betting he doesnt take the job, I just cant see him getting back into the coaching career even if for only one year. Besides correct me if im wrong but does his type of offense and program anything like what the current Saints run? Will he and Brees get along and co-exist in a Parcells offense?

vCash
    He's more of a defensive coach than offensive.

vCash
    I know but his offenses are usually smash mouth and old school

vCash

Blank speaks on Saints' penalties

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank on Tuesday became the first NFC South owner, including New Orleans' Tom Benson, to publicly address the NFL's punishments of the Saints for their three-year bounty program.

Later Monday, Tampa Bay Buccaneers co-chairman Joel Glazer joined Blank in applauding the league's decision.

During a break from the owners meeting, Blank told ESPN.com that he totally backed commissioner Roger Goodell's decision to suspend coach Sean Payton for a year, general manager Mickey Loomis for eight games and assistant head coach Joe Vitt for six games, fine the Saints $500,000 and ban former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams indefinitely.

"I think the league has handled it well and appropriately," Blank said. "One of the other owners made this point, but I told the commissioner I totally agree with him, the NFL, outside of our stadiums, the only things we really own are our reputation, our integrity, our shield and the relationship and trust we have with our fans and our sponsors. Anything that's done that violates that or hurts that, is something that has to be dealt with. My view is that everything the commissioner has stood for since 2006, which has to do with the shield, the trust, the fans and player safety, etc. really that goes completely in the opposite direction based on the New Orleans experience.

"I think he dealt with it appropriately. I think it will be one of the most significant decisions he'll ever make as the commissioner. I think he'll be the commissioner for the next 30 years and I think people will look back and say he sent a message to the teams, the players, the coaches, everybody in the NFL and sent a message to the fans that 'This is not what we're going to have in this league.' I think it was appropriate. Obviously, it's going to be a hard hit on the Saints, but they'll recover and time will move on and it will be fine."

Glazer also cited player safety and the integrity of the game in lauding Goodell's punishments.

"The commissioner has made that a priority of his -- player safety and the integrity of the National Football League. I think everybody agrees there's no place for that in the National Football League," Glazer said. "I think the commissioner's actions were necessary for many reasons and I think everyone supports the commissioner and his decision-making process. You never want to see that type of thing happen. It was an important step to get that out of the game."

In the NFL report announcing the punishments, the league specifically named Carolina quarterback Cam Newton and Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers and retired NFL quarterbacks Brett Favre and Kurt Warner as players who were targeted for injury in the bounty program. Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan was not named in the report, but the Falcons play the Saints twice a year and have one of the league's most intense rivalries.

"I mean Matt wasn't one of the players named," Blank said. "But, on the other hand, I'd be hard put to believe that he wasn't a target at some point, whether he was named or not."

Blank said the bounty program was wrong on every level.

"There's just not a place for that in the game," Blank said. "It's a tough game and you're supposed to be physical, etc. but there's a line there. It's not even a fine line. It's a bright line that you just can't cross."
    Source

vCash
    Hey that would give Drew Brees more reason to want to leave lol.

vCash
    First lol jp but really yea i agree with Blank。

vCash

More bad new for Saints and fans

On the day that Payton and their GM are to appeal their punishments comes some bad news. Sorry I'm on my phone or I would paste the whole article but here is the URL

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7778005

I saw an interview with Woodson on ESPN earlier and he is a player I have always like and his grips about it were just the targeting of the players and the coach laying out specific things he wants and how he wants them hurt. Woodson said that about 90 percent of it is normal defensive meeting stuff but the other ten percent is just wrong.

vCash
    Thanks for merging that thread I forgot about this one or would have posted it here

vCash
    Use this thread to post any news, comments or questions about the Panthers, Bucs, and Saints.

PLENTY of interesting storylines in this division for the 2012 season.

vCash

vCash
    ^Hard not to like his personality. Just brings energy to whatever he does, lol.

Already stepping into that leadership role too.

vCash
    Scott Fujita suspended three games, Anthony Hargrove suspended eight games, Will Smith suspended four games, Jonathan Vilma suspended 1year.
    Schefter

The ones still on the roster will be back by the first Falcons game.

vCash
    With the exception of Vilma. Curtis Lofton, I hope you had a lot of practice covering 'Quizz in practice because you'll see a bunch of him during games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    With the exception of Vilma. Curtis Lofton, I hope you had a lot of practice covering 'Quizz in practice because you'll see a bunch of him during games.
    Maybe. If Spagnuolo feels that Lofton isn't enough to cover him, then they might put David Hawthorne on him instead.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    That might hurt his feelings^^^

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast