Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The only player identified by name in the NFL's Wednesday sanctions against the Saints was MLB Jonathan Vilma.

Vilma allegedly offered teammates $10,000 for anyone who knocked Brett Favre out of the 2009 NFC Championship Game. "While I will not address player conduct at this time," Roger Goodell said Wednesday, "I am profoundly troubled by the fact that players - including leaders among the defensive players - embraced this program so enthusiastically and participated with what appears to have been a deliberate lack of concern for the well-being of their fellow players." Expect Vilma to get a multi-game suspension, if not a full year.
    rotoworld

vCash
    I agree with it all and while I'm shocked, I think the punishments are spot on. Allot of fans and people in general are complaining that the punishments are too harsh when compared to spygate. One thing people have got to take into effect with this is the saftey aspect. Spygate didn't cost the NFL money and it didn't come at a time when players were sueing the NFL for cheating. The NFL has been on this saftey kick for. Awhile now due to older players sueing the NFL. No way they could let this punishment come down and not be harsh. They have to set the rules and make sure its known to all NFL teams and players that this kind of thing will not be tolerated and their will be stiff punishments to anyone that does it. I say go commish.

vCash
    IMO the biggest reason is that the Saints are idiots. In 2010 the NFL launched an investigation on the Saints about this. They knew. They did not stop.

vCash
    Got much respect for the falcons but you guys need to smarten up if you think were not going to come back stronger then your just fooling your self plus we just signed loft and vilma is still a saint

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersSaintsLSU View Post
    Got much respect for the falcons but you guys need to smarten up if you think were not going to come back stronger then your just fooling your self plus we just signed loft and vilma is still a saint
    You are going to come back stronger with no head coach, assistant coach, GM, , or second round pick... plus an unhappy/angry QB, new DC, and no Porter?... plus Vilma is still technically a Saint but won't be playing much (if at all). You replaced Nicks with Grubbs, lost Meachem. and Lofton isn't that great.

O and in addition to playing 6 games against ATL, CAR, and TB... you have PHI, DEN, WAS, SF, and KC at home and DAL, NYG, GB, SD, and OAK on road. You would be really lucky to finish .500 man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiddy24 View Post
    You are going to come back stronger with no head coach, assistant coach, GM, , or second round pick... plus an unhappy/angry QB, new DC, and no Porter?... plus Vilma is still technically a Saint but won't be playing much (if at all). You replaced Nicks with Grubbs, lost Meachem. and Lofton isn't that great.

O and in addition to playing 6 games against ATL, CAR, and TB... you have PHI, DEN, WAS, SF, and KC at home and DAL, NYG, GB, SD, and OAK on road. You would be really lucky to finish .500 man.
    laughing so hard at ur hating

vCash
    Can someone tell me why the saints fans think they ar all victims?? You got caught, you were told to stop, you didn't and got caught. Just deal with it.

vCash
    I live by almost all Saints fans and all of them talk like they are a victim. And they starting conspiracies saying that the NFL did all this so the saints wouldnt play in the superbowl thats in New Orleans. Saying that it would be too mich trouble. SMH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by footballnut58 View Post
    Can someone tell me why the saints fans think they ar all victims?? You got caught, you were told to stop, you didn't and got caught. Just deal with it.
    The Saints fans ARE the victims here. If Loomis and Payton had just stopped it when Benson and the NFL investigators told them to, then no one would care about this "bounty" BS. Home field for the SuperBowl is now highly unlikely and that was basically the Holy Grail for most Saints fans (as it would be for most fans). How does that NOT hurt the fans?

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    It hurts the fans, but when fans try to put the bounty off as nothing and try to put it out that the nfl was just out to get the saints, then it just turns into bs. The saints did this to themselves so the team got what they deserved and the saints fans needs to get what the saints did was wrong and stop making excuses for it.

vCash
    As a saints fan I have to say I'm glad to see that you guys haven't completely written off the saints this season. I believe the loss of Payton is a huge blow. As far as Brees the saints will likely reach an agreement around time for o t as. We are lucky that the league didn't come down harder. Someone nailed it when they said this is a legal issue for the league. The "bounty" issue would have come up in court and the league would have lost more money. Do I think what the saints did was wrong? That all depends, but last I've seen the nfl hasn't released their confidential evidence for view of the public. If Williams said he would pay for any fines if they injured a guy, like someone said he did in Washington then I do have a problem with it. But injury while opponents play within the rules of the game is a risk every football player willingly takes. My conscience could care less about nfl policy. Like who really thinks a player sponsored pool for Tds and sacks is a bad thing. Nobody. Don't tell people where to spend their money, but it's nfl policy. So be it. Good luck next season. I hope you are wrong about lofton. We shall see.

vCash
    Finnally a Saint fan that has sense althought I do disagree with some of the things you said. First, intent is everything. Big difference in hurting someone while playing without intent than its is to go out there with intent to hurt someone to take the out the game so your chances for winning increase. All of us are tought from the first time we put a helmet on, pick up a hockey stick, shoot a basketball or put a baseball glove on about sportsmanship. Your taught to play your best and act your best. Your taught to take a knee when your teammate or the oppossing player gets hurt. Yes football can be ugly, yes it can end careers but ging on a field with the intent to do harm to a player is completely different than offerring bonuses for sack, ints etc. They are just apples and oranges no way the same.

vCash
    ESPN reports soon-to-be suspended Saints coach Sean Payton has approached Bill Parcells about filling in for him for the 2012 season.

There would be a number of stumbling blocks to the Saints making one of the greatest coaches in league history the greatest interim coach in league history, but the possibility should not be dismissed. Known for never staying in one place for too long, Parcells would be inheriting a readymade Super Bowl contender, and get one last chance to earn a third championship that proved surprisingly elusive after he left the Giants in 1990. Parcells, who was Payton's boss from 2003-05 in Dallas, last coached in 2006.
    rotoworld

Thankfully this sounds like a crazy rumor or attempt, but if it turns out to happen then ****.

vCash
    I dunno Parcell can coach no doubt but he is getting up there can his health take the hit for a NFL hc job even for a year.

vCash
    Maybe not from a normal team, but a team like New Orleans I'd bet he'd be fine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast