Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    IMO, both sides (team/fans and the league) should be content with this decision. Could have been much worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    That might hurt his feelings^^^

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Pete Prisco [CBS] just posted his post-Draft rankings:
    7. Falcons: The change in offensive styles will make this a much better team in 2012. Matt Ryan will have his best season.
    9. Saints: How do you lose an offensive wizard like Sean Payton and just keep on moving forward? When does Drew Brees show up?
    24. Panthers: With Cam Newton, the offense will be special again. He does need to cut down on the mistakes. Did they do enough to improve the defense?
    26. Bucs: They spent big in free agency and did some good things in the draft. But the division is tough and they might be a year away.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...l-the-favorite

vCash
    If you guys aren't subscribed to the Falcons on YouTube already, I'd highly recommend you do so. There are some really great videos put up on a regular basis.

Smitty on the rookies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwlM...&feature=g-u-u

vCash
    Blah, blah, blah...

Go Falcons!
    Last edited by Bravo95; 05-16-2012 at 12:38 AM.

vCash
    I don't think that is how it works.

vCash
    Much better.

vCash
    Haha, classy.

vCash
    ESPN (Kiper, Dilfer, etc) made a "Future Power Rankings" list, ranking the teams by outlook thru the 2015 season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-and-nfc-south

Falcons came in 3rd in NFCS, 13th overall. In response, Yasinskas said:
    I disagree with the panel slightly on the placement of the Falcons. I think Atlanta will be a top-10 team in 2015 and probably each year between now and then. I agree with the panel that the Falcons have some old players at several positions, but I think general manager Thomas Dimitroff gradually will address those issues. As long as Matt Ryan and Julio Jones stay healthy and linebacker Sean Weatherspoon continues to emerge as a defensive star, I think the Falcons will be an annual playoff contender.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 05-24-2012 at 05:51 PM.

vCash
    Today's MMQB column from Peter King featured a spot on the Houston Texans replacing key players (Mario, Brisiel, Winston, Ryans, etc.) after the best season in the franchise's short history. Good read, just posting this excerpt:
    For a team that finally won a division and a playoff game in its 10th season, the Texans certainly made a lot of changes. Two-fifths of a stalwart offensive line (right guard Mike Brisiel and right tackle Eric Winston) were allowed to walk. The right side of the linebacker group, Ryans and Williams, are gone too. "There's no way to minimize the loss of Mario Williams,'' [GM Rick] Smith said. "But you turn the tape on from last season, and what players were out there on the field?''

Williams missed 11 games with a torn pectoral muscle. Ryans came off the field on third downs. And Houston finished second in the NFL in team defense. In one offseason, core players like Williams, Ryans and Winston were gone; if the Texans could save $2 million on the cap going with Yates over Leinart, so be it. It's GM School 101.

"One important thing I've learned is when your core changes, you've got to be willing to change your philosophy too,'' said Smith. "Your core of players has to be a living, breathing thing, and you have to be willing to examine it all the time to be sure you're comfortable with it. The good thing about making those types of decisions is being able to be emotionally detached a bit. I don't have the attachment to the players that a coach does.''

Smith said he's studied NFL history at length, and he's studied business models of different business leaders. One that he's adopted is former GE boss Jack Welch's 20-70-10 philosophy: the top 20 percent of your employees are standouts and must be nurtured. The majority, the 70 percent, are the working class -- needed but still able to move if the right situation arises. The lowest 10 percent have to be churned and replaced, because a company always is looking for ways to get better by importing new blood. "If you have a 53-man roster, maybe you've got 10 or 11 core players,'' Smith said, "and then 25 to 30 roles players, and then you're always looking to churn the bottom of the roster.''

Smith didn't want to lose Williams, but it was a matter of economics; he had young guys who could get to the quarterback, maybe not as well as Williams. But all three combined wouldn't make what Williams was going to demand in free agency this year (he got a six-year, $100 million deal, with $50 million guaranteed). "At quarterback,'' Smith said, "the way T.J. played, we didn't have to pay market value to a backup quarterback.''

It all sounds smart, and the Texans should be favored to repeat as division champs. But isn't it amazing that a year ago, entering training camp in 2011, Ryans and Williams were the two cornerstone players on a defense being retooled by Wade Phillips, and the Texans flourished so often defensively last season without them? These Texans illustrate the way of the world in the NFL.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...mqb/index.html
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-04-2012 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    ^Chuuch.

vCash
    I think this is a good place for this. I find this rotoworld entry to be pretty funny. Maybe it's just me:

Giants TE Martellus Bennett insists his recent weight gain was by design in an effort to bulk up, and that his "pants size has gone down."

By "recent weight gain," we are referring to Bennett ballooning from 265 to 291 pounds. Nevertheless, Bennett conducted an interview shirtless to show off his "6 1/2 pack" abs, and claimed he was "one of the top five strongest guys on this team right now." No word yet on what kind of unicorns Bennett has been working out with this offseason. Giants TEs coach Mike Pope is on the record as saying that Bennett is "probably a little too big for his legs to carry," though coach Tom Coughlin emphasized Monday he's not overly concerned with the weight gain.

vCash
    Come on man, a 300lb TE?

I used to feel that way about Alge though. Thought he might eat his way out of the league.

vCash
    Lol wow. They got DTs that weigh less then him. I think he will be out the league pretty soon. I cant see him being able to run a precise route weighing that much. But that is a huge target. Idk what to say about that.

vCash
    Just re-watched this and got so pumped for this season!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBotu...endscreen&NR=1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast