Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I don't think its a hunger issue, more of a coaching issue. When teams come out flat with no drive and can't generate any offence, lines need to to be juggled. Something Babs has a hard time doing until its to late.

Not to get in a coaching battle, but Scotty Bowman would 80% of the time would start the grind line against other teams top lines to establish a game flow. McCarty, Draper, and Maltby were high energy guys that were not afraid to bang bodies, they really set the tempo rite from the puck drop. Bowman would change his lines constantly if he didn't agree with something. If a player was having trouble and couldn't get his head out of his rear the player was moved to another line or benched, plain and simple. Babs will only do that when the game is already out of hand. Bowman knew how to motivate players by pissing them off and rewarding the ones that busted their rears. You would have thought Babs would have learned something from Bowman, but I guess not.
    I always got the impression from babs that it's system first, and do good things, good things will happen. but like last nite's game, the good things just weren't, well... good. didn't really see a glimmer of the dominance that was there in the 7-2 bashing. but let's remeber guys, the kinda always slump abit towards the end. i think clinching was the most important thing to them and not what seed they end up with. but of course, we as fans never see it like that, and expect at least a good effort in every game regardless of score. when games like this happen, we should be annoyed, but hey, they made it in and now, hopefully, the "great" redwings team, the ''23 in a row'' redwings will be ready to go game 1. BY my calendar, this season is not done! I see no fork in us! let us rally guys, they aren't finished yet!! (if you could, please imagine this speech in being made atop a magestic white steed pacing up and down in front of a throng of feverish Wings fans, wildly swinging octopi over thier heads. i'm trying to be inspirational here. or maybe just imagined herb brooks just belted it out, his face red with passion and grit, which ever you like)
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 03-29-2012 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    I always got the impression from babs that it's system first, and do good things, good things will happen. but like last nite's game, the good things just weren't, well... good. didn't really see a glimmer of the dominance that was there in the 7-2 bashing. but let's remeber guys, the kinda always slump abit towards the end. i think clinching was the most important thing to them and not what seed they end up with. but of course, we as fans never see it like that, and expect at least a good effort in every game regardless of score. when games like this happen, we should be annoyed, but hey, they made it in and now, hopefully, the "great" redwings team, the ''23 in a row'' redwings will be ready to go game 1. BY my calendar, this season is not done! I see no fork in us! let us rally guys, they aren't finished yet!! (if you could, please imagine this speech in being made atop a magestic white steed pacing up and down in front of a throng of feverish Wings fans, wildly swinging octopi over thier heads. i'm trying to be inspirational here. or maybe just imagined herb brooks just belted it out, his face red with passion and grit, which ever you like)
    You know I can picture that and if I was anyway near the Joe I'd be there in a heart beat to cheer my beloved Wings on, but I'm on the East coast forced to listen to Bruins fans. I just get frustrated at lack of effort some times, I'll get over it. You know I can remember when this team was garbage when Steve Y was drafted and I guess I've been spoiled by the greatness of 21 straight years of play-off hockey.

vCash
    You know I can picture that and if I was anyway near the Joe I'd be there in a heart beat to cheer my beloved Wings on, but I'm on the East coast forced to listen to Bruins fans. I just get frustrated at lack of effort some times, I'll get over it. You know I can remember when this team was garbage when Steve Y was drafted and I guess I've been spoiled by the greatness of 21 straight years of play-off hockey.
    Yeah, they are far from the Dead Wing days of the 80's.

vCash
    Yeah, they are far from the Dead Wing days of the 80's.
    Hope I never witness that again, not good times.

vCash
    So Mlive saying Babs is pondering starting Howie on Fri, not sure if I'd start Howie against the Preds after being injured with groin issues. If it was play-off he's start.

vCash
    So Mlive saying Babs is pondering starting Howie on Fri, not sure if I'd start Howie against the Preds after being injured with groin issues. If it was play-off he's start.
    ohhhhh, i dunno how to feel about that one...is a 'nagging groin injury' howard better than a healthy conks? hmmmmm.

vCash
    ohhhhh, i dunno how to feel about that one...is a 'nagging groin injury' howard better than a healthy conks? hmmmmm.
    Yes.

We should probably go Conklin though.

vCash
    Well Pearce is back to GR, must be Howie is in.

vCash
    The real question is what line will Franzen play on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir16 View Post
    The real question is what line will Franzen play on?
    Hopefully the third.

vCash
    Jimmy Howard starting against Nashville; Kyle Quincey , and Mursak out Kindl and Nyguist in tonight. Hopefully Nyguist will see more than 5:19 minutes worth of playing time tonight.

vCash
    Jimmy Howard starting against Nashville; Kyle Quincey , and Mursak out Kindl and Nyguist in tonight. Hopefully Nyguist will see more than 5:19 minutes worth of playing time tonight.
    Q is out? WTF? I woulda rather seen Big E sit out this one.

vCash
    Q is out? WTF? I woulda rather seen Big E sit out this one.

They're saying the plan is to rotate Dmen these last few games to rest them up. Me thinks it's more of a message being sent than anything else. If it was the case of resting guys; Kronwal, Stuart and White all need more rest than Quincey. I personally would rather see Quincey in just in case TooToo wants to run Howard. At least Quincey will drop 'em. But we shall see how this shakes out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir16 View Post
    They're saying the plan is to rotate Dmen these last few games to rest them up. Me thinks it's more of a message being sent than anything else. If it was the case of resting guys; Kronwal, Stuart and White all need more rest than Quincey. I personally would rather see Quincey in just in case TooToo wants to run Howard. At least Quincey will drop 'em. But we shall see how this shakes out.
    I think they should sit White and have Smith in, put Mule on the 3rd line and put Nyguist with Pav and Bert

vCash
    Or have Nyguist centre the 3rd line with Mule and Miller on the wings. All I know is they need to come out strong and treat this game like its playoffs.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast