Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Somebody light a fire under Dom's *** Please

When you have 44 mil in cap space is it hard to go and outbid for 2 or 3 top free agents? I don't believe so. We have somewhere between 15-20 mil in cap space left. This is more than most teams had to begin with. We all know the needs and the players we have on the roster. So why is it day by day key signings and progress is being made in areas of concern for us, while Dom sits on his hands applauding himself for last week. Does anyone else find this to be kind of degrading and strange? Im not talking about big names big contracts. Im talking about targeting posiions and players in our price range to help improve our defense, backfield and possibly TE positions. We have a lot of hope but we are not there yet, Dom has the power to go get 2 or 3 guys in FA before the Draft, go big or go home. Would love to see it done before the mini camp theyre having in the next month.

vCash
    Oh and by the way has anyone heard anything about the minicamp before the Draft? If you have ordo please post.

vCash
    really??

The Man, The Myth, The Legend. Congrats 99 HOF 2013!!!

vCash
    Yea the reason for the Bucs having a minicamp before the draft is because all new head coaches are allowed to hold a minicamp before the draft to evaluate the talent level

vCash
    ^ I think Jason's "Really????" was a sarcastic response to the initial post. I'm inclined to agree with him

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    When you have 44 mil in cap space is it hard to go and outbid for 2 or 3 top free agents? I don't believe so. We have somewhere between 15-20 mil in cap space left. This is more than most teams had to begin with. We all know the needs and the players we have on the roster. So why is it day by day key signings and progress is being made in areas of concern for us, while Dom sits on his hands applauding himself for last week. Does anyone else find this to be kind of degrading and strange? Im not talking about big names big contracts. Im talking about targeting posiions and players in our price range to help improve our defense, backfield and possibly TE positions. We have a lot of hope but we are not there yet, Dom has the power to go get 2 or 3 guys in FA before the Draft, go big or go home. Would love to see it done before the mini camp theyre having in the next month.
    Are you sure?

vCash
    Is it humanly possible to do that?

vCash
    i understand your frustration but at the same time, you shouldnt be frustrated lol.

we still have to keep cap space to draft picks along with extending contracts of other players that are already on the team like freeman and blount.

we will be throwing lots of money at freeman and having jackson and carl nicks in place now shows that we are for real about surrounding freeman with the talent he needs to succede. we obv still have holes to fill, but it will happen. patience is the key, we went out and got the two best FA's out there other than manning and we got a young and very talented corner back in eric wright. we are still all about the draft, but now we will spend money in fa when needed.

its easy right now to say well why dont we just go get this guy and that guy, well its not that simple. he has to fit what we wanna do here and dom has been very adimate about that. he continues to preach bringing in the right guys that fit what were trying to do here and not every player that you me or anyone else may like will fit what dom and shiano are looking for.

we signed nicks and jackson as soon as fa started and to me, that shows that we are serious. now is the time to be patient as fans and let the guys in charge do their jobs. not every need can be filled right away, sometimes a little patience can go a long way.
    The Big Bucs

vCash
    Ok guys I guess I took a beating...I am a little frustrated. I'm not naming players but we have needs, and can assume relatively speaking what we can get in the draft. The draft will not fill all our needs, some but not all. It only takes a couple mil to sign draft picks and I am all for having some wiggle room for our guys.

I am very happy about Michael Bennet coming back, that is the kind of solid role player I was asking for. This is not a very good draft for safeties, and were not in a good place to get a great linebacker. Just hoping hes still putting in that work.

vCash
    Patience my son. Count your blessings & be happy with what we've done already. There will definitely be a couple more signings, but there's probably a 75-85% chance that from here on out it's going to be low-key, role filling signings. When signing guys like this, teams usually choose to wait until the market comes to them so that they're not overpaying guys. Plus, if you haven't noticed, we've already shelled out over 145 mil. It's not necessarily a good thing to use every cent of cap room we have. By keeping a good amount of cap space open, we have flexibility in years to come to sign impact free agents and/or resign our own guys.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    I'm not a cap expert my any means, but we're in no situation to add two or three more guys.

If we had roughly 15 million heading into today, we're around the 12.5 million mark right now because Michael Bennett just signed his tender. Demar Dotson will probably sign his tender soon which brings it down another half million or so. Ronde Barber should also come back and he will probably be looking at anywhere from 2-3 million dollars.

The majority of what is left will tied up in the draft. Patrick Peterson was drafted with the fifth pick in 2011 and signed a 4 year, 18 million dollar contract, so our draft pick will be getting something along those lines. We will also be drafting 5 other players as well as any undrafted free agents we sign.

Plus, because of injuries, it's always a good idea to have some extra money available to sign free agents throughout the season. We wouldn't have been able to sign a guy like Hanesworth off of waivers last year if we were tight on cash.

vCash
    Bwall, I can only imagine what things you would be saying the past couple off-seasons lol.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    I agree with you guys for the most part, but if you saw the article I posted yesterday, they claimed it was more like 20. its obviously less now with bennett. The other thing is their is a rookie wage scale now that was one of the major parts of the lockout. I cannot say this enough, Im not looking for big names or flashy signings. I would like to see some additions on defense to help the mess we saw last year. and a rb to go with blount besides a day 2 scat back. Wether it be TRich or someone in FA.

vCash
    The Bucs remain approximately $20 mil**lion under the salary cap. But coach Greg Schiano and his staff haven't seen Foster on the field. They haven't had a chance to see how he could function at middle linebacker in the scheme of defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan and certainly haven't evaluated fellow LBs Dekoda Watson or Quincy Black.
    ^^^^Taken from Tampa Bay Times article yesterday.

vCash
    Waiting on one the LB to sign and set a mark( no pun). They want star $$ and none of them are stars. He overpaid for Wright but his versatility and reminiscing of the backs of Lewis & Biggers makes that ok. Dom is doing right sitting back.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast