Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    vCash
    kiper
    carlos (elpaso)

How big is ryan Tannehill upside because he was a late 1st early second at one point???
    Mel Kiper (1:03 PM)

He's a top 8 pick. He will go to Miami at 8 or Cleveland. I don't think they'll pick him at 4, but they might be able to use that 22nd pick to move back into the first round. But if he goes 8 to Miami, I think he'll be overdrafted. I have him at 18 on my Big Board.

Bryan (Boston)

You said earlier that taking Tannehill at 8 would be overdrafting. So, if Cleveland doesn't take him at four, would the smart move be for Miami to trade down into that 15-18 range and pick Tannehill then? Or are there other teams out there looking for a QB that would take him first?
    Mel Kiper (1:41 PM)

The smart move for Miami would have been to sign Matt Flynn and reunite him with his old coach Joe Philbin. Then they wouldn't have to take a QB at 8. Tannehill's old coach Mike Sherman didn't even play him at QB until 2010. They could have gotten Flynn and then they could have used No. 8 on Riley Reiff. That would have made the team that much better.
    Last edited by justinnum1; 04-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    kiper

ouch lol

vCash
    TBH i wouldn't mind taking Floyd at 8 (i would actually love), he kinda reminds me of VJax. I really hope some one take Tannehill before us, bc i really don't want any part of him. He feels like Henne all over again.

vCash
    i think tranny is way more athletic than henne, he has a lot of pottential but is a project

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    i think tranny is way more athletic than henne, he has a lot of pottential but is a project
    100%. Most are, he ran a 4.90 at the combine being one of the slowest times that year for QBs. Henne was a pocket QB though and though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post
    TBH i wouldn't mind taking Floyd at 8 (i would actually love), he kinda reminds me of VJax. I really hope some one take Tannehill before us, bc i really don't want any part of him. He feels like Henne all over again.
    I've been using that comparison for Floyd for waaaay too long now. But there's no way we take him since he's the exact opposite WR that Philbin wants. And Tanny is in now way like Henne. He has some nice anticipation and Addix can tell you that Henne didn't have it at all(He's been pointing it out since Henne started).

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    3 picks in each of his big games and all losses. That doesn't scream franchise QB. The whole not winning a starting job until 2010 also makes me nervous.

We pretty much have to take him at 8 at this point but it could be a massive reach. Kiper is probably right.

vCash
    Per Barry Jackson; Morris Claiborne, Melvin Ingram, and Michael Floyd all to visit the Dolphins.

vCash
    i think it will be Blackmon if he falls. if he doesnt i think it will be a pass rusher. Quinton Coples i think is the best option but Ireland doesnt tend to gamble draft picks with red flag players and i dont see Philbin as the type of coach who would neither so i think its going to be Melvin Ingram if Blackmon doesnt fall. i dont really mind who they pick. we will either trade down and garner more picks or get someone who will likely impact this team in a positive way at some position seeing as we draft so high. unless its Tannehill because he will most likely be benched 1-2 yrs but he would impact this team eventually.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    I don't mean that he plays like Henne, just that in the sense of waiting for him to "develop" and being let down all over again. I like a quote i heard from Weeden the other day, "I might not play 15 season, but ill give you 8 Good ones". I'll take 8 good seasons from a player with experience and can jump right into the mix and start right away and if it doesn't work out we can be sure after a year or so if he was worth the low pick we gave up for him. Rather than take a risk on one with little under his belt, will have to sit behind some one for 1 or 2 years and then have to still let him develop on the field, and keep him in there longer simply bc we wasted a high pick on him if he doesn't pan out... thats what i mean by the Henne feel i guess.

vCash
    I wonder if they've considered drafting Luke Kuechly and moving Karlos Dansby outside to rush the passer. Dansby is making too much money for a just-slightly-above-average ILB.

Kuechly could also make sense when Dansby ends up a cap cut casualty of our new GM next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
    I wonder if they've considered drafting Luke Kuechly and moving Karlos Dansby outside to rush the passer. Dansby is making too much money for a just-slightly-above-average ILB.

Kuechly could also make sense when Dansby ends up a cap cut casualty of our new GM next year.
    One of the draft winds guys spoke to Kuechly and he said that no one has expressed interest in him more than Miami has. It was in an article that was posted a few days ago. So I guess it's a possibility; one I'm not sure how it would work exactly.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post

i think if we get LUKE KUECHLY could be one of the safest picks in the daft

vCash
    I like Luke Kuechly and wouldn't be mad if we selected him and still got a pass rusher like Andre Branch. That would be awesome.

I also think if we are going to take a MLB, why not trade down and take Donta Hightower while also grabbing a extra pick and oh yeah Andre Branch .

Either way, I think it's clear that we want to upgrade our D. Seems like the FO believe they can find WR's in the mid rds (Tommie Streeter, Marvin Jones etc.).

vCash
    idk about andre branch he probably just a one year wonder

Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast