Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Did the Bengals give up on Gresham or something?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I guess we'll see... but I still say Fleener is gone before the 9ers pick!
    exactly how i feel nutty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Did the Bengals give up on Gresham or something?
    No, but they could look to implement 2 TEs into their offense.

vCash
    I'd say there is about an 85% chance that Fleener will be there when we pick.

vCash
    Mike Mayock on Fleener: “He’s got very good hands and can get vertical. In Stanford’s offense, they demand physicality. This kid is not a trained killer. He’s not a great blocker. But he gives effort in the run, which is the most you can ask of these tight ends coming out of college these days. He should get bigger and stronger in an NFL building, and ultimately he's going to be a weapon in the pass game. If he sneaks into the first round, it wouldn’t surprise me. But abilitywise, he's a second-rounder. I expect him to go somewhere between 28 and 40.’’

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...#ixzz1s1Ct8Tgz

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Just like how we have vd and still want him? Weird.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Toooooo soon. I knew from the second we picked him it was a ******** pick.
    I was completely baffled when it happened.

I remember how excited I was when Crabtree fell to us the next year.....I hope he lives up to that next year.

I'm talking Tim tebow excited.

vCash
    Scenario 1: San Francisco would love to see Hill drop to this spot and add a dynamic weapon to the passing game.
    Scenario 2: Trade out. Defensive linemen such as Ta'amu and Clemson's Brandon Thompson are not worth the pick, but moving back could allow the Niners to fill a need position with a better value, perhaps Zeitler, Silatolu or a 3-4 defensive lineman.
    Scenario 3: They could elect to go with the best defender available, meaning they might get comfortable with Jenkins or look to McClellin to bring some pass-rush help opposite Aldon Smith.
    Scenario 4: Reyes might not appear on the surface to be the best fit, but he's a smart, versatile player who can pick up the system quickly and inject some youth into an aging defensive front.

How dumb is McShay really? Has us taking a DT for our "aging" defensive line....
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Scenario 1: San Francisco would love to see Hill drop to this spot and add a dynamic weapon to the passing game.
    Scenario 2: Trade out. Defensive linemen such as Ta'amu and Clemson's Brandon Thompson are not worth the pick, but moving back could allow the Niners to fill a need position with a better value, perhaps Zeitler, Silatolu or a 3-4 defensive lineman.
    Scenario 3: They could elect to go with the best defender available, meaning they might get comfortable with Jenkins or look to McClellin to bring some pass-rush help opposite Aldon Smith.
    Scenario 4: Reyes might not appear on the surface to be the best fit, but he's a smart, versatile player who can pick up the system quickly and inject some youth into an aging defensive front.

How dumb is McShay really? Has us taking a DT for our "aging" defensive line....
    i dunno if aging is a good word, but id have no problem taking a dl w/ our first

justin smith is what, 32? been in the league for at least 11 years, and as great as he is and has been, he's bound to start to decline sometime soon. ray mac even though he has only missed two games the past four years, has had injury issues in the past, and i thought i read soap is a fa next year, plus hes at least 30...

if the best player on our board is a dl, drafting for the future isnt a bad idea at this point even though i think we'd all rather see an impact player drafted instead

props to vick27m

vCash
    Justin Smith has at least 3-4 good years left. He's not the type of player who has lived off of athletic ability...he has dominated because he is smart and has excellent technique. He was one of the best defensive players in the NFL last season and I can't see an extreme drop off in just 1-2 years. Ray Mac is a young player who has the ability to be an elite 3-4 DE. We also have several young defensive linemen in RJF, Dobbs, Williams, and Tukuafu. If a defensive lineman is the clear-cut BPA, sure, we have to draft them. But, if there is a pool of similarly rated players available (usually the case), then we need to draft a different position.

vCash
    That would be a great move for them. They already have their elite WR in AJ Green so they could easily get by with one of the WRs that will be available in the mid rounds. The Niners are still lacking that elite guy so they need to get that taken care of instead of trying to get a "steal". If they don't think Hill is elite then don't take him, but if he can be he needs to be the pick over Fleener.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    That would be a great move for them. They already have their elite WR in AJ Green so they could easily get by with one of the WRs that will be available in the mid rounds. The Niners are still lacking that elite guy so they need to get that taken care of instead of trying to get a "steal". If they don't think Hill is elite then don't take him, but if he can be he needs to be the pick over Fleener.
    If teams think Hill is elite, then he won't get out of the top 10 picks...however, teams don't view him that way. They likely view him as a project with upside. It's not even a foregone conclusion that he will be one of the top 4 WRs off the board. He definitely won't be one of the top 3 and it wouldn't be shocking to see Rueben Randle go before him either. I take Fleener over Hill if both are on the board (I think they both will be).

vCash
    at this point i can see the Niners taking someone we haven't even thought of( even though 3 threads later we have actually talked about everyone haha) just cause i was so confused when we took Smith at 7 last year. turned out to be the perfect choice. one think i like about them is they really aren't afraid to draft someone a bit early if they feel wont be there when they pick next. i see everyone reaction next week being " really we took him? ok well i trust them anyways." haha.

vCash
    Just remember the following and you will be ok come draft time:

1. **** "the big board"
    2. **** 40 times
    3. **** what Mel Kiper says
    4. **** draft grades made the day after the draft
    5. Baalke

Slap Hands!

vCash
    If teams think Hill is elite, then he won't get out of the top 10 picks...however, teams don't view him that way. They likely view him as a project with upside. It's not even a foregone conclusion that he will be one of the top 4 WRs off the board. He definitely won't be one of the top 3 and it wouldn't be shocking to see Rueben Randle go before him either. I take Fleener over Hill if both are on the board (I think they both will be).
    He's not elite now and probably won't be right away. He has the potential to be though. I've heard folks talk about streeter, but I'd rather take Wylie in the 3rd round (if he's there). I know they have Ginn, but he's only on a 1 yr deal so if Wylie turns out to do well in preseason and TC then Ginn may not even make the team. They'd have Moss, Crabtree, Hill, Wylie and Manningham. Moss will probably be gone after one year so hopefully Hill can learn enough in one season of limited play to compete to start the next year.

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast