Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Flyers got to get rid of Coburn

I know Coburn was signed to a contract extension but we need to dump his *** soon before he costs us more games. Watching him screw up every night is driving me insane. He just gave up 2 goals to the Islanders where Bryz had no chance. All he had to do is position correctly himself on his man and he screwed up twice in less than a minute!!! How could he have gotten an extension is beyond me. He needs to be traded to any sucker who will take him. Come on Homer, get rid of this loser!!!

vCash
    has looked fine to me

vCash
    he did screw up on both those goals but he has been rather great the last few games.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    He's been playing with Carle a lot since Homer shuffled the defensive lines, but he's also a streaky player who has more good stretches than bad. He's not the greatest, but he's not a liability and wouldn't be easy to replace.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan_TC View Post
    I know Coburn was signed to a contract extension but we need to dump his *** soon before he costs us more games. Watching him screw up every night is driving me insane. He just gave up 2 goals to the Islanders where Bryz had no chance. All he had to do is position correctly himself on his man and he screwed up twice in less than a minute!!! How could he have gotten an extension is beyond me. He needs to be traded to any sucker who will take him. Come on Homer, get rid of this loser!!!

...Coburn is a part of the top group of defensmen in this league... he's incredibly solid and consistent... not too sure you know what youre watching. Theres more to analyzing hockey then blaming the guy closest to the goal scorer....

Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    he did screw up on both those goals but he has been rather great the last few games.
    the 1st goal was just "one of those goals" thats impossible to defend or save. It happens. 2nd goal was all on Rinaldo. He made a stupid play for the puck in the corner, then Grossmann/Coburn had to shift over and cover for his ***. Watch it again, you'll see. Pass to Taveras gets sent through the crease right when they are shifting. watch it:
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...3&event=NYI442
    Coburn is going to cover Grossmann's man, who is going after Rinaldo's responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by WoodandNails View Post
    He's been playing with Carle a lot since Homer shuffled the defensive lines, but he's also a streaky player who has more good stretches than bad. He's not the greatest, but he's not a liability and wouldn't be easy to replace.
    He's been paired with Grossmann for weeks now.
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 03-15-2012 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    Lets not be too harsh on him, he has played well and his contract is reasonable in relation to the market rate on defense. He's been steady, is quick for his size and besides, Carle is the whipping boy. :P

vCash
    The Coburn-Grossmann defensive pairing as been incredible the past couple weeks. Coburn has played very solid, don't know what you are watching

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Coburn had an "off" period last night. He was a little out of position on the two Islander goals....he was the defenseman that had to cover the wing spot in the zone. Both goals he didn't have to double team the guy in the slot (Grossmann had that man covered)....he made 2 poor decisions....but you cannot fault him for trying to anticipate the pass to the slot....

Grabner snuck in behind him and made a good play to redirect the puck....Mental breakdowns happen in hockey....no one can play perfect hockey every night....he'll learn from this game and move on...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan_TC View Post

Yay lets get rid of Coburn and replace him with someone who isnt nearly as solid for the money

Was that the only minute you've watched this year? B/c he has been very steady all year long.

vCash
    Boo this man.

Coburn has been exceptional this season. His constant improve bodes well for the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    Boo this man.

Coburn has been exceptional this season. His constant improve bodes well for the future.
    wouldn't go that far. Coburn started off pretty poorly. i'd say since about december he's been getting increasingly better.

first couple months of the year, though, he wasn't looking to great.

not that any of that matters. what matters is how he's playing now, and lately, he and grossmann have been a force on the back-end together.

vCash
    Wait, I thought the only defenseman we have that people think sucks but is actually really good is Carle. I'm confused.

vCash
    Think you're overreacting a bit.... They whole team got a little too comfortable with a 3 goal lead

vCash
    Yeah..a defense that has allowed a total of 8 goals in 8 games is terrible...we should trade Giroux too

vCash
    Did someone bet the farm on 4 straight shut-outs?
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast