Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Pescatarianism

vCash

Pescatarianism

anyone a pescatarian? I'm thinking about doing it, just want to know about people's experiences.

vCash
    Nope, but I've been a vegetarian and a vegan for long periods of my life.

Any reason you're considering it?

vCash
    I like meat way too much.
    Good for you tho, fish is amazing for you. Mercury scares me tho...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    anyone a pescatarian? I'm thinking about doing it, just want to know about people's experiences.
    My in-laws are pesco's. They do just fine, both are slim and are in good health. neither of them do any sort of exercising.

My wife was thinking of going this route as well, but when I grill my steaks, it's hard for her to resist the aroma lol
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    My dad is a pescatarian. He's 68, and doesn't exercise, but he still works, so he's moderately active. I would say his reasoning for not eating meat is more moral than health related. He believes that cows, pigs, and even chickens are too close to humans genetically.

vCash
    I didn't know what this was. i just had to look it up.

i could honestly never do it. i love meat way too much (no homo) and i like the health benefits of it.

but if you want to, go for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nope, but I've been a vegetarian and a vegan for long periods of my life.

Any reason you're considering it?
    big bump because I forgot I'd posted this.

Well I want to lose weight and while I love meat, I'm pretty sure I'd be okay cutting it out of my diet.

But honestly I'm not sure about it. I just want to be put on some sort of diet, I don't really care what it is, just one that (combined with exercise, obviously) will make me eat consistently and lose weight. I want to date again.
    Last edited by Fool; 04-04-2012 at 06:12 AM.

vCash

Well I want to lose weight and while I love meat, I'm pretty sure I'd be okay cutting it out of my diet.

But honestly I'm not sure about it. I just want to be put on some sort of diet, I don't really care what it is, just one that (combined with exercise, obviously) will make me eat consistently and lose weight. I want to date again.
    You don't get fat from eating meat...there are diets where people basically just eat meat/fat and lose weight (Keto).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    You don't get fat from eating meat...there are diets where people basically just eat meat/fat and lose weight (Keto).
    ^this! eating meat will not get you fat. it's processed fats (McDonalds, potato chips) that get you fat. if anything, eating meat will help lose weight because it has fats, protein, vitamins, and no carbs.

vCash
    Meat is a great part of any protein diet. Vegans can still get a good amount of protein in from other sources, but the protein grade will be different.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    that is true. however it is harder to get in your protein if your vegan, because you can't have milk, cheese, or eggs.

honestly though, most of the vegetarians I know (I have vegetarians in my family and i know some from school) are so skinny is because they are simply malnourished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    ^this! eating meat will not get you fat. it's processed fats (McDonalds, potato chips) that get you fat. if anything, eating meat will help lose weight because it has fats, protein, vitamins, and no carbs.
    Still not buying into calories in vs. calories out?