Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Giants OTAs (Nicks Returns for Mandatory MiniCamp)

2013 Giants OTAs

Schedule
    May 22-23
    May 29-31
    June 3-7

Mandatory Minicamp: June 11-13

As per Article 21 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, each club’s official, voluntary nine-week offseason program is conducted in three phases:

Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.

Phase Two consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on a “separates” basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.

Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permissible.
    http://snygiants.com/2013-new-york-g...tes-announced/

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Time to get back to work.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Training camp is when the fans are publicly allowed to see the outdoor sessions, right?
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    @ebenezersamuel FB Henry Hynoski just got carted off here. Seemed to go down on one of first plays here.
    You gotta be ****ing kidding me....

vCash
    Ebenezer Samuel‏@ebenezersamuel1h
    W/ Cruz likely not here, Jerrell Jernigan/ Rueben Randle will get lots of run.

Giants open otas. No sign of that Cruz fella...

Love this. Weatherford punting. Josh Brown fielding punts. As other guys stretch out

Snee stretched out with team. Looking good. Butcoughlin and Snee have previously indicated he wouldn't do much this offseason.

Its very early so don't get excited. But Wilson /Jernigan/Randle taking first punt returns Aaron Ross back there too.

Hakeem Nicks doesn't appear to be out here. He said yesterday he was feeling good. Prolly Giants just being over cautious with stud wr

Snee is here but doesn't appear to be working, as expected. As much about grizzled vet privilege as injury recovery

Bright side? Well maybe. David Diehl working.

No sign of Terrell Thomas. Again, don't overreact

James Brewer, btw, was working at guard. Rest too far for my eyes to see at moment

Herzlich, Paysinger and Rivers currently are you first team lbs. brewer and cordle replacing Snee and Baas respectively.

Jernigan made a nice catch on first play here.

Randle and Jernigan, btw, handling first team wr duties with nicks/Cruz not here

Brandon Myers with a nice diving catch over middle. From Eli

Lots of moving Tuck around today. Seen him on both sides of d line, dropping into covg and also rushing passer.
    https://twitter.com/ebenezersamuel

vCash
    Lots of good stuff from Ebeneezer and Patty Traina https://twitter.com/Patricia_Traina

Patricia Traina‏@Patricia_Traina

Eli's pass deflected by Joseph and nearly picked off by Stevie brown.

Corey Webster has been beaten at least three times this practice.

Damontre Moore mostly standing up -- haven't seen him with his hand in the dirt much.

Connor working with the 2a at the middle. Curry at WIL with the 2s.

View from the deck
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BK4N-H7CIAAWeb_.jpg:large

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Training camp is when the fans are publicly allowed to see the outdoor sessions, right?
    Yup. I think OTAs are media only.

vCash
    Ian Taubin‏@InReeseWeTrust4m
    Eli Manning, David Carr & Ryan Nassib have combined for 0 INT's so far today. Mark Sanchez has already thrown 3 this morning... #nyg #giants

vCash

In Reese We Trust

6 minutes ago.
    2nd team DLine: Adrian Tracy & Kiwi at DE, Hankins & Rogers at DT. DaMontre Moore expected to be on 3rd team with Ojomo.

Hakeem Nicks might be heading into Coughlin's dog house... Coughlin expected him in attendance and he was not. Not a good sign for first day of OTA's...

Eli has been looking for Louis Murphy a lot, especially on deep passes. Jerry Reese said he believes Murphy can add deep threat element - From Ohm Youngmisuk

Eli Manning hit Louis Murphy on a bomb for a 50 yd TD in 11 on 11. Murphy got behind the secondary with his fantastic speed

vCash
    Why isn't Nicks at OTA'S

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Damn I hope Hyno is ok, if not they better not mess around and put Pascoe there.. Gonna have to get a vet FB..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Damn I hope Hyno is ok, if not they better not mess around and put Pascoe there.. Gonna have to get a vet FB..
    I actually like Bear at FB. Wouldn't mind a vet TE and Bear at FB....although it never sounded like Bear liked being at FB.

Could always bring back Joe Martinek.

Maybe its just a sprain or something though. Hoping its not serious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I actually like Bear at FB. Wouldn't mind a vet TE and Bear at FB....although it never sounded like Bear liked being at FB.

Could always bring back Joe Martinek.

Maybe its just a sprain or something though. Hoping its not serious.
    Yea he never seemed to trilled about being there and with how short we are at TE we need Pascoe there to block and he knows the offense inside and out and is s good blocking TE.. With the market being the way it is I'm assuming there's some vet FB's out there.

vCash
    Greg Logan‏@GregLogan119m
    #Giants say FB Henry Hynoski, who was carted off practice field today, injured a knee and will undergo an MRI exam to determine damage.
    BeNegativeBeNegativeBeNegativeBeNegativeBeNegative BeNegativeBeNegativeBeNegative

Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Yea he never seemed to trilled about being there and with how short we are at TE we need Pascoe there to block and he knows the offense inside and out and is s good blocking TE.. With the market being the way it is I'm assuming there's some vet FB's out there.
    Here's what I can find:
    Mike Cox (ATL)
    Patrick DiMarco (KC)
    Spencer Larsen (NE)
    Corey McIntyre (BUF)
    Montell Owens (Jac) <- Prob the only one on the list I wouldn't mind.....or know anything about.
    Per NFL.com

A few more from KFFL:
    Tony Fiametta (NE) not bad
    Robert Hughes (IND)
    Quinn Johnson (TEN) good option

vCash
    Giants OTA #1 Practice Report

Published 05/22/2013 | By Patricia Traina

The Giants opened up Phase III of their offseason program, the organized team activities (OTAs), today at the Timex Performance Center.

And we all know what that means, so let me stop right here before I get into the highlights and lowlights.

Offense get to work against defense, but this time of year, teams don’t have their complete offenses and defenses. For example, offensive linemen David Baas and Chris Snee, both of whom are recovering from offseason procedures, were sidelined. Guys were rotating in and out of the lineup on their respective units and to say that the communication on plays was choppy would be an understatement.

So what I’m getting at here is don’t get too worked up over what you’re about to read. Seriously, the only thing to come out today that bears ANY kind of hand-wringing is the knee injury suffered by fullback Henry Hynoski, who had to be carted off the field after he collided with teammate Andre Brown on the second play of the group work.

As I write this, Hynoski was undergoing an MRI. I’m not going to speculate what happened with him but injuries are the one thing you never want to see in these light-contact drills.

Concerned about receiver Hakeem Nicks’ absence today? Don’t be. Nicks is under contract and while he’s believed to be in town – he was honored last night at a United Way gala – these practices are VOLUNTARY.

Sure it would be great to have everyone in and participating, as head coach Tom Coughlin will tell you. But just as there were players who were rehabbing and unable to participate, Nicks was absent for the first day.

Point is let’s see if he continues to be absent before we get all worked up about today. Like I said, the injury to Hynoski is a greater concern right now, pending his visit with the doctor, which was ongoing when I wrote this.

ROLE CALL
    In addition to Nicks, Victor Cruz, who remains unsigned, was not present. I’m really not expecting to see Cruz this spring, but contract situations are fluid. The important thing is that Cruz be in training camp ready to work and in top condition.

On the injury front, in addition to Baas and Snee being sidelined, DT Markus Kuhn (knee), CB Terrell Tomas (knee), and LB Jacquian Williams (knee) were also sidelined.

Kuhn told me that he’s making good progress with his knee despite being limited right now., but he is optimistic that he’ll be ready for training camp.

Thomas is also taking things slowly – he had told me earlier this offseason that he was going to take things a little more slowly so as to not cause himself another setback.

Williams told reporters that he’s continuing to rest his PCL injury suffered last season. After some initial confusion with him, he did not have any kind of offseason surgery, and he described his condition as ‘day to day.”

Some good news – all of the Giants rookie draft picks were present, including those unsigned, such as first-rounder Justin Pugh. I believe the rookies who don’t have contracts need to sign a waiver to participate, so it was good to see them present and wanting to immense themselves with their veteran teammates right away.

THE LINEUPS
    First-rounder Justin Pugh began working at right tackle with the second string team – the first string had David Diehl at right tackle and James Brewer inside at right guard for Chris Snee (who will not do much work this spring as he continues to recover from offseason hip surgery).

As practice went on, though, Pugh saw his reps at right tackle with the third team. But don’t read too much into that because as Coughlin pointed out, it’s still very early in the process. And as I pointed out above, the absences of Snee and Baas necessitated moving guys into different positions they might not ordinarily play.

Jim Cordle worked at center for David Baas.

The first-string linebackers consisted of Keith Rivers on the weakside, Mark Herzlich in the middle, and Spencer Paysinger on the strong side.

Dan Conner, Aaron Curry, and Etienne Sabino were second-team middle, weakside and strongside linebackers, respectively. Mathias Kiwanuka stayed at defensive end and Damontre Moore, who is being groomed to play the “joker” spot that Kiwanuka used to execute, did most of his work standing up.

The punt return candidates included Aaron Ross, Jerrel Jernigan, and Rueben Randle.

HIGHLIGHTS
    Strong showing by Prince Amukamara, who was targeted only twice and on one play, he timed the pass breakup perfectly. Amukamara is playing with a lot more confidence and is looking to build off a solid season last year. He’s healthy and he’s quietly been establishing himself as a leader in the defensive backfield.

Tight end Brandon Myers made a nice lunging reception on a Manning pass that was a little short. Myers

Cornerback Junior Mertile did a nice job of staying patient and reading quarterback Curtis Painter on a pass intended for Kevin Hardy. Mertile jumped the route and came up with what would have been a pick-six in a live drill.

Rookie defensive linemen Damontre Moore and Johnathan Hankins double-teamed to blow up a running play in the backfield. Both looked like they got into the backfield so quick that the offensive linemen didn’t have time to react.

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul got a hand on a Manning pass that was nearly deflected into the waiting arms of safety Stevie Brown, who just missed getting a handle on it.

Tight end Morgan Newton, who was signed to replace the injured Michael Palmer, came up with a pretty reception on a pass thrown at his knees. He quickly righted himself and managed to get up field for some additional yardage.

Receiver Jeremy Horne, who impressed as a rookie minicamp tryout, held his own against Corey Webster on one play, remaining squarely focused on the ball.

LOWLIGHTS
    Rough outing for Corey Webster, who was targeted far more than Amukamara. Webster was burned on three plays, though to be fair, the third own looked like the receiver was out of bounds.

Remember, Coughlin said that they’ll be looking for Webster, who had a subpar year last year, to bounce back, so the more he gets thrown at, the better because it will give him a chance to work on getting his feet back under him – Webster dealt with injuries last season which may or may not have had an effect on his play.

Ryan Nassib’s pass intended for receiver Kris Adams fell woefully incomplete as on the play, Adams ran the wrong route. The receiver caught an earful about it too, from his position coach, Kevin M. Gilbride, when he jogged back to the huddle.

Receiver Brandon Collins dropped a pass that hit him squarely in the hands. While he was tightly covered by Terrence Frederick, Collins still should have made the catch.

I didn’t see who the quarterback was, but I did see the ball sail over the head of Louis Murphy, who seemed to be a favorite receiving target in this practice of the quarterbacks. Murphy had a step against safety Tyler Sash but he had no chance of coming up with the reception.

Cornerback Terrence Frederick gave a little shove to receiver Kevin Hardy on a pass by Nassib that was ultimately overthrown. Methinks that might have been a flag on that play as he was outside of the five-yard range and the ball hadn’t passed over Hardy’s head.

QUOTABLES
    Defensive end Justin Tuck on the importance of attending the OTAs: “With the CBA and just the ever-changing game of football, OTAs have become more important. You’re not allowed to do as much as you used to nor have as much time as you used to. So these days that we have, have become more important. We’ve got an opportunity to get back in the flow of things and we’ve got to use these wisely.

Receiver Jerrel Jernigan, on if he feels any extra pressure given the expectations of him that were made public by Kevin Gilbride at the rookie minicamp: “No. I don’t think it’s pressure. I’m going into my third year. I agree with him. It’s time for me to go out there and start making plays and start helping my team out besides just special teams.

Linebacker Aaron Curry on if he felt frustrated over not living up to the hype after he was drafted in the first round by the Seahawks: “It was like I knew I could do it and I knew I would do it. I just don’t think at the time I was interested in doing it. I think I was interested in other things and at the time football just wasn’t my top priority, just to be honest. I just had so much going on that I tried to make a balance out of everything instead of doing it the right way.”
    http://insidefootball.com/blog/archi...medium=twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast