Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am going to have to say we do NOT need a RB that early if for some reason he is still left when we pick fell out the trade market for him. He has bust written all over him he is short and don't have the quickness of an elite back. Jefferies is another one that seems risky he has has issues as a person and he dont have top end speed needed at the position. I would be a little worried about Blackmon as well as he dont have elite speed. If we do pick #6 I say go after the best available O Lineman. We can have all the playmakers in the world but when you have no protection playmakers dont mean nothing. I have to admit I like how they are revamping the line it did need some serious work. If for some reason we do take Blackmon I wouldn't be mad but I just hope they can protect Sam.

vCash
    Best draft I've seen lately was Justin Blackmon, Mike Adams, Kendall Reyes

vCash
    I agree. ^ I wouldnt be upset with Worthy over Reyes. A weapon and some protection for Sam. Almost have to go that way.

vCash
    for some reason i just have this weird feeling that we end up trading back to maybe 8-12 range and pick Decastro and then Alshon Jefferey and Brandon Thompson.

vCash
    We only trade back if Blackmon is gone. But I wouldn't be opposed to trading back again at all. Thompson instead of Reyes would be ok, but NO to slowshon!

vCash
    Agree with Knuckles on this and just hope Blackmon can gain some speed. He has good hands and runs routes great he is just lacking that top end speed. If we do pick Blackmon I say the best offensive lineman left with our 1st 2nd rounder. Then go LB with our 2nd 2nd rounder. We can always pick up a DT in the 3rd. I am really suprised we haven't signed Fat Albert yet. Maybe Fisher can get him playing the way he use to with the Titans!!

vCash
    CG:

Sporting News draft analyst Russ Lande rates Cal LB Mychal Kendricks as a top-25 overall player in the draft and considers Kendricks "likely" to be a first-round pick.
    Kendricks isn't commonly included in first-round mock drafts, but Rotoworld's Josh Norris calls him Jon Beason-esque, with better measurables. Kendricks was the 2011 Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and absolutely shredded the Combine by leading all linebackers in the forty-yard dash, vertical jump, and broad jump. He certainly could sneak into the back end of round one.
    Roto

vCash
    ray: please fall to 33 mychal
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    NFC West Draft Needs
    St. Louis Rams
    Needs: WR, OLB, DE, LG, OT, CB, DT, SS, QB, RB

To be blunt, the Rams need players at just about every position. This helps new general manager Les Snead, in a way, because he can take the best player available with every draft pick without worry if they will challenge for playing time. Even at quarterback and running back, the team will look for promising backup prospects behind Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson. Finding a true No. 1 receiver for Bradford is of utmost importance. Former Giant/Eagle Steve Smith might prove a bargain if healthy, but 2011 mid-round picks Greg Salas and Austin Pettis and slot man Danny Amendola are best as complementary pieces. If left guard Jacob Bell and the versatile Adam Goldberg don't return, those holes in the offensive line must be filled.

Even though Snead can't possibly fill every need in one year, the team's shortage of outside linebackers has reached critical levels. Finding more bodies to help past first-round picks Chris Long and Robert Quinn rush the passer is another concern. Adding defensive tackle Kendall Langford and cornerback Cortland Finnegan as free agents helped the defense, but the team is by no means done building at those spots.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...in-high-demand

vCash
    ^That guy is an idiot.... who lists back up DE and back up QB as team needs.. wtf? I would like a good back up QB but still.. wtf is that on a list like that for?

GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

The One and Only "LEGATRON"

vCash
    wut if we got both kendricks and zach brown in the second round? O__o that wuld solve our OLB problems for good

vCash
    No it wouldn't... they're both weak side linebackers... unfortunately so is Lavonte David... I would hope we'd get at least one of those three

vCash
    really? theres gotta be someone in the draft who culd fill the strong side backer position

vCash
    I would have to agree with Mets on this one. DE isn't something we need maybe a undrafted FA after the draft along with a QB that went undrafted. Area of needs are WR, OLB, G, T, DT, SS, Back-up RB, SS, CB...The needs are in that order but we have to evaluate and take the best available player available when it is time for us to pick...We need to get as Many picks as possible early in the draft...I say keep trading down until we get a stockpile of picks because we are going to need them...But we also have to keep in mind that we will not be contenders in just one offseason and after hearing the strength of the schedule we might be set up next year to take two more instant impact players..I just want to see some improvement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ramfan63074 View Post
    I would have to agree with Mets on this one. DE isn't something we need maybe a undrafted FA after the draft along with a QB that went undrafted. Area of needs are WR, OLB, G, T, DT, SS, Back-up RB, SS, CB...The needs are in that order but we have to evaluate and take the best available player available when it is time for us to pick...We need to get as Many picks as possible early in the draft...I say keep trading down until we get a stockpile of picks because we are going to need them...But we also have to keep in mind that we will not be contenders in just one offseason and after hearing the strength of the schedule we might be set up next year to take two more instant impact players..I just want to see some improvement
    I like this guy already lol

Personally I don't even think we need a SS. I love D-Stew and I hope he gets a chance to showcase his ability to knock the snot out of people.

I do agree though that we need to think about the future, not this year. Fisher guaranteed we wont pick in the top 2 again which I think is a good goal. I think a good goal would be to start with third place this year and then next year we can try to think more seriously about first place when I believe we get cap freed up too? We can't get everything in one offseason so lets get the best that we can now and fill the rest in next offseason. This is why I do not hate our offseason so far. I think we've been smart with our money and picked good pieces and we are still in a spot to fill OLB and WR in the draft. But again, once the draft is done I'll see how I think we did.

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast