Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 82

Thread: Top 20 WRs?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,864
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    So, any productive Wr that has a great Qb should not be considered a great Wr???

    I want to see how your list looks.
    Never said that... but to me it's a lot more impressive when a WR goes for almost 1200 yards with Matt Cassel, Tyler ****ing Palko, and Kyle Orton throwing. They threw for a combine 3200 yards roughly. While you have Hakeem Nicks with similar yardage and only 2 more TD's. Eli threw for over 4,900 yards.

    Not to mention when we had a decent OC Bowe had 15 td's. I think only Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson have gone for that many in a season.


    and i just checked Larry's highest is 13
    My list is something like

    1a,b,c Fitz, Megatron, Andre Johnson
    4. Roddy White
    5. Dwayne Bowe
    6. Brandon Marshall
    7. Hakeem Nicks
    8. Mike Wallace
    9. Reggie Wayne
    10. Steve Smith

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,962
    vCash
    1275
    WR is so loaded and this was a lot harder than I thought:

    1. Fitz
    2. Johnson
    3. Johnson (Interpret as you will )
    4. Roddy
    5. BMarsh
    6. Bowe
    7. Welker
    8. Wayne
    9. Nicks
    10. Jennings
    11. Wallace
    12. Steve Smith
    13. Stevie Johnson
    14. Colston
    15. AJ Green
    16. VJax
    17. Dez Bryant
    18. Colston
    19. Julio Jones
    20. Victor Cruz

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers247 View Post
    Are u just looking for people to say how good the giants receivers are?
    No because quite frankly I think Manningham sucks and Cruz is overhyped considering the role he plays. I felt putting him at 19 was justified. The last 2 slots had a lot of guys competing for them and I went with 2 players I really like.

    Quote Originally Posted by jneises21 View Post
    How has Hakeem Nicks surpassed Dwayne Bowe? Bowe has consistently put up great seasons with the likes of Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, Matt Cassel etc..
    He probably should be higher (Bowe), but thats a double edged sword you're playing with when you take into account production based on system + surrounding talent.

    You can debate that Eli's ability to distribute the ball and having guys as talented as Cruz and Manningham face single coverage all the time takes away from Nicks' looks and so on and so forth.

    Not an argument I care to get into because not having a QB probably trumps variable surrounding casts, but it's really just a matter of preference. I'm a Giants fan, I cant ask for more from Nicks than what I get not including the big 3's production and talent, so I have no personal qualms about putting him at 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    bowe is better then both boldin and wayne.
    On What basis? Not saying I disagree, but I'd like to hear your reasoning out of curiosity.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,368
    vCash
    1500
    Some of you people vastly overrate Roddy White


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jneises21 View Post
    Never said that... but to me it's a lot more impressive when a WR goes for almost 1200 yards with Matt Cassel, Tyler ****ing Palko, and Kyle Orton throwing. They threw for a combine 3200 yards roughly. While you have Hakeem Nicks with similar yardage and only 2 more TD's. Eli threw for over 4,900 yards.

    Not to mention when we had a decent OC Bowe had 15 td's. I think only Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson have gone for that many in a season.


    and i just checked Larry's highest is 13
    My list is something like

    1a,b,c Fitz, Megatron, Andre Johnson
    4. Roddy White
    5. Dwayne Bowe
    6. Brandon Marshall
    7. Hakeem Nicks
    8. Mike Wallace
    9. Reggie Wayne
    10. Steve Smith
    But, its really hard to just rank them like that.

    Nicks may have a better Qb, but he has Victor Cruz also sharing a ton of targets getting over 1,500 yards on the season.

    I mean, at the Wr position I think you have to really just watch them play. Its tough for me personally to rank them because I don't get to watch enough of them play.

    But, I will say this. I have seen Roddy White and Brandon Marshall both play a lot...and I think Nicks is better than them both.

    But again, I can't disagree too much with your list because I haven't seen enough of them play.

    I have seen Nicks play enough to know that he is a beast and probably a top 10 Wr. Thats all I can really say.

    Also, that the top 3 are Calvin, Fitz, and Andre.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    333
    vCash
    1500
    obviously he said he threw it together real quick but its not a bad list at all....

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    Why because D-Jax isn't on the list?
    Yes but mainly the whole list in general is just so off.

    Last year preseason the rankings for WR's was
    Andre, Fitz, Calvin
    Roddy
    Jennings
    Marshall
    Wayne
    DjAX
    Bowe
    Austin

    Wth has Hakeem Nicks proven this to catapult himself into the top 4??? Thats just so hilarious hey look my lists more better

    Andre, Fitz, Calvin, Riley Cooper
    Jeremy Maclin
    Djax
    Jason Avant
    Roddy White
    Brandon Marshall
    Stevie Johnson


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jneises21 View Post
    Never said that... but to me it's a lot more impressive when a WR goes for almost 1200 yards with Matt Cassel, Tyler ****ing Palko, and Kyle Orton throwing. They threw for a combine 3200 yards roughly. While you have Hakeem Nicks with similar yardage and only 2 more TD's. Eli threw for over 4,900 yards.

    Not to mention when we had a decent OC Bowe had 15 td's. I think only Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson have gone for that many in a season.


    and i just checked Larry's highest is 13
    My list is something like

    1a,b,c Fitz, Megatron, Andre Johnson
    4. Roddy White
    5. Dwayne Bowe
    6. Brandon Marshall
    7. Hakeem Nicks
    8. Mike Wallace
    9. Reggie Wayne
    10. Steve Smith
    I wouldn't disagree with your list except for Roddy White I dont think he's as good as he's made out to be.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    Yes but mainly the whole list in general is just so off.

    Last year preseason the rankings for WR's was
    Andre, Fitz, Calvin
    Roddy
    Jennings
    Marshall
    Wayne
    DjAX
    Bowe
    Austin

    Wth has Hakeem Nicks proven this to catapult himself into the top 4??? Thats just so hilarious hey look my lists more better

    Andre, Fitz, Calvin, Riley Cooper
    Jeremy Maclin
    Djax
    Jason Avant
    Roddy White
    Brandon Marshall
    Stevie Johnson
    In reality, D-Jax wasn't better than Hakeem Nicks last year either. According to your rankings, D-Jax was better, but in reality...Nicks is clearly better now and was last year as well.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    Yes but mainly the whole list in general is just so off.

    Last year preseason the rankings for WR's was
    Andre, Fitz, Calvin
    Roddy
    Jennings
    Marshall
    Wayne
    DjAX
    Bowe
    Austin

    Wth has Hakeem Nicks proven this to catapult himself into the top 4??? Thats just so hilarious hey look my lists more better

    Andre, Fitz, Calvin, Riley Cooper
    Jeremy Maclin
    Djax
    Jason Avant
    Roddy White
    Brandon Marshall
    Stevie Johnson
    You're entitled to your opinion. I gave my reasoning for putting Nicks where I did a few posts up and I'm not going to sit here and say my opinion isn't biased.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    In reality, D-Jax wasn't better than Hakeem Nicks last year either. According to your rankings, D-Jax was better, but in reality...Nicks is clearly better now and was last year as well.
    This list i presented to you was the list PSD made those were the general top 10. This past year DJax was nowhere close to the top 10 he wasn't even sniffing top 15.

    But seriously talking Nicks being a top 5 WR is not true. If i had to make a list I would def have Nicks in the top 10 but he's not top 5 he is definitely not better than
    CJ, AJ, Fitz, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Bowe, VJax..


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion. I gave my reasoning for putting Nicks where I did a few posts up and I'm not going to sit here and say my opinion isn't biased.
    Thats understandable but statistically or even visually no one will put Nicks in the top 5. He has nice hands and makes incredible catches but he also drops key catches at times.
    Guys like Roddy, B-Marsh, V-Jax provide better vertical threats, better hands and just make catches that get you of your seats. Im not hating on Nicks but top 5?? Cmon now


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,962
    vCash
    1275
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    Some of you people vastly overrate Roddy White
    Why? Obviously I disagree by my placement of him. But, I look at him and see one of the most consistent WRs in the game over the past 5 seasons.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    This list i presented to you was the list PSD made those were the general top 10. This past year DJax was nowhere close to the top 10 he wasn't even sniffing top 15.

    But seriously talking Nicks being a top 5 WR is not true. If i had to make a list I would def have Nicks in the top 10 but he's not top 5 he is definitely not better than
    CJ, AJ, Fitz, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Bowe, VJax..
    The 4 bolded are very debatable.

    Remember that Nicks has only been in the league 3 seasons. He had a nice rookie year in limited playing time, and then 2 very strong seasons after that with arguably a top 3 total postseason performance for a Wr in the history of the game.

    Nicks is definitely top 10. Where you rank him in the top 10 is debatable, but I am fine with anyone ranking him anywhere in the 4-10 range. There are a lot of close calls. Don't forget about Steve Smith.

    All I know is that outside of his rookie season, he has clearly been a better overall Wr than Desean Jackson.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    are you drunk? why in the world is hakeem knicks in your top 5? the second reciever on that team out shined him. and my last question how isnt miles austin on that list. and stephie johnson is, your a joke

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •