Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Raiders Sign 75 OG Brisiel, 80 CB Bartell

The Oakland Raiders announced Friday evening that they have signed cornerback Ronald Bartell, formerly of the St. Louis Rams.

Bartell, 30, missed all but one game last season due to a severe neck injury. He’s one of the most underrated corners in football when healthy, however, and adds much needed experience to the perimeter of Oakland’s secondary. Bartell is a big (6’1/205), physical press cornerback and should be a strong mentor for youngsters Demarcus Van **** and Chimdi Chekwa.

The Raiders also signed guard Mike Brisiel to a five-year deal that John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports is worth $20 million. Brisiel is an ideal fit for Oakland’s zone-blocking system and will immediately enter the starting lineup at right guard, replacing Cooper Carlisle.

Bartell is the No. 32 overall player on the PFT Hot 100 list. Brisiel didn’t make the top 100 because he’s a one-scheme lineman, but the Raiders run that scheme.

While these additions will generate little attention because they occurred late Friday, they are quality signings by first-year G.M. Reggie McKenzie. Bartell and Brisiel are both immediate impact starters.
    Going by the ratings, looks like a couple of solid signings for them.

This is what can come to be expected from the Oakland Raiders from here on out. I guess the league needs to get used to it.

really wanted to keep mike. hes great in a ZBS
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

Bartell should totally be an 82.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Awesome signings; hopefully they're good enough to compete with the Chiefs next season, and if Peyton signs with the Donkeys...that's two to worry about for another 3 years.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

what do fans of a team in the nfc west think of bartell?

Can't believe we released OVR 85 Carlisle for a 75

Solid signings according to the ratings.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

Feel bad for Raiders fans. A 85 overall to a 75 overall is a huge dropoff. That 10 point dropoff could cost them their season really.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. RaPz--Le@F View Post
    Feel bad for Raiders fans. A 85 overall to a 75 overall is a huge dropoff. That 10 point dropoff could cost them their season really.
    I'm pissed off now! A 10 point drop off... thats a touchdown and a field goal. We're screwed!

I love you people
    Rand University

Rocky Top you’ll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good ol’ Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

If Carlyle was updated to an 85, then Monty had to have been updated to at least an 81... I mean, let's be fair here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I'm pissed off now! A 10 point drop off... thats a touchdown and a field goal. We're screwed!
    Cmon now lets think logically, we're not cavemen anymore. How would 10 player ratings mean a TD and a FG? If anything how would a 10 point dropoff in your OL even result to a TD and a FG, he's not the one scoring. Thinking realistically, this should allow you guys to take the 10 points you lost via OL and add them to a position that really matters, since OL are just overweight fat guys who don't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. RaPz--Le@F View Post
    its not looking good, you havent even factored in the rating drop off of routt to bartell yet
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/09/14/f2/0914f2cf5ac6d8b066b2429f8316ab51.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gbrl View Post
    its not looking good, you havent even factored in the rating drop off of routt to bartell yet
    Seriously, 90 Routt to 80 Bartell? SMH Raiders...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast