Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternStar View Post
    1) Boyes, Hecht, Kaleta, Sultzer, Ennis, Morrison, Kotalik (Terminated) are off the books nexy year with keep Ennis about 3 Million and Sultzer 1.2 Million. We have draft picks, players with contracts (Roy, Vanek, Stafford) and prosbects to make a big change in our offense. 2) we will get into the Parise sweepstakes as of what I'm hearing because NJ owernship is in threat of bankruptcy and won't offer that contract to him. 3) Hodgson has more guts to get to the puck at the end of the crease and has more strength than tiny Tim. Love arguing with ya sabres11, U really make my day fun on PSD.People, Let's make a thread of Folignomania !!!!!!!!!
    Kaleta will be resigned. He is the best penalty killing forward on the team.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    1) Boyes, Hecht, Kaleta, Sultzer, Ennis, Morrison, Kotalik (Terminated) are off the books nexy year with keep Ennis about 3 Million and Sultzer 1.2 Million. We have draft picks, players with contracts (Roy, Vanek, Stafford) and prosbects to make a big change in our offense. 2) we will get into the Parise sweepstakes as of what I'm hearing because NJ owernship is in threat of bankruptcy and won't offer that contract to him. 3) Hodgson has more guts to get to the puck at the end of the crease and has more strength than tiny Tim. Love arguing with ya sabres11, U really make my day fun on PSD.People, Let's make a thread of Folignomania !!!!!!!!!
    Boyes and Hecht are definetly gone. Ennis is staying as well as Kaleta (unless he gets injured again and misses more time). Sultzer is a goner (with Mcnab and two rookies in Rochester, they will be a cheaper alternative and capable). Morisons and Kotalik's contract does not matter. Their contract was never a factor against are books, being morrison is in Rochester and Kotalik was in Czec.

Darcy will never give up on Leno or Stafford and he actually feels this team needs Roy, because we have absolutely no depth at Center. If you look around the league, no team is going to trade and take on either of those contracts to do us any favors. 80% of the teams are dumping salary. A team that needs a center wont trade and pay Roys 5m when they can add 3 to it and get Parise.

There will not be a drastic haul like a lot of fans think. There will never be a trade, where we trade a player and one of our picks for a star or to move up in the draft, so some people need to stop dreaming. In the last 15 years, Darcy is the most conservative GM in the league. He will stay conservative. we will use our picks and not trade them away.

The worst thing that has happened for the Sabres late in the season, is that the sabres are now competing for a playoff spot. But what people fail to see, is that they are competing for a spot, because so many teams suck in the Eastern Conf. If Washington was as good as they are suppose to be, they would have the division locked up and we would then be 5 points behind Florida for that final spot, with Florida having 2 games on hand. But now that were competing for a spot, Darcy and Pegula think this team struggled because of injuries, meaning theyre keeping the players we have grown to hate.

3. 03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
    Reason
    baiting, and insults

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The center's job is to pass to the wingers, who then score. The second job of the center is to get back on D and take the puck away from the other team. Tropp's breakaway was only possible because Hodgson stole the puck away from a guy named St Louis, who you might have heard of before.

Parise is a left wing, not a center. Try again.

Still not sure who this "Connely" person is. Maybe you're trying to talk about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Connelly
    Hodgson is a - 5 in only 10 games. Thats telling me he isnt getting back quick enough, or he is coughing it up to easily.

So now, we closely watch the games.

Sure enough, he is not getting back quick enough and he is coughing the puck up way to to fast. hmmmm sounds like he is not doing his job as a center.

I knew some people would get carried away when he gets his first points. I cant wait to read the reactions when he actually gets a shot on goal, then that shot on goal actually hits the net, then that shot on goal actually goes into the net.

Less then 1.5 shots per game. That is not what we want to see from our Center and if you think it is, you know nothing about hockey.

vCash
    One last point. When it comes down to the playoffs. If we can only choose one player to play, who would it be. Foligno or Hodgson. Ide love to hear the logic here.

And for everyone who would vote for Foligno like me, think about this; Two teams (Buffalo and Vancouver) Both in the playoffs and both chose two other rookies over Hodgson for the playoff run.

This will be the the scenario when Gerbe comes back and Foligno and Tropp both have shown they deserve the NHL more. Ruff will have to make this decision, unless someone else gets hurt.

vCash
    Roy+Vanek= Carter+Richards of last year. I fell really confident we'll haul about 65% of our offense. I don't want to re-sign Kaleta, all he does is fight, penalty kill, and hit. I remember 5 years ago when he was suppose to be a balance player, hitting and sometimes getting points. He's 26 and is only one demental. Why don't HE become more blanced right NOW! Like a Shawn Thorton. I like Sultzer, he's better than Weber. I think our keep players should be like this with our roster. (Miller,Myers,Ennis,Gerbe,Ehrhoff,Regher,Leopold,S ultzer,Vanek(Maybe),Pominville,Foligno,Hodgson,Tro pp,Enroth,Stafford(need him 4 Parise),Leino(Will stay based on contract ). Players want out (Kaleta,Roy,Vanek(Need 4 big trade) McCormik,Boyes, Leino(If possible)
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    Roy+Vanek= Carter+Richards of last year.
    The only reason to trade Vanek would be if we signed Parise. We wouldn't need 2 top line left wings.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    2 Goals 4 Hodgson! How about that sabres11!
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    The only reason to trade Vanek would be if we signed Parise. We wouldn't need 2 top line left wings.
    That's my point. Would be interesting what happens 2 Columbus on Nash or the #1 pick. Use Vanek and other parts of the trade in order to get either one of those possibilities done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Boyes and Hecht are definetly gone. Ennis is staying as well as Kaleta (unless he gets injured again and misses more time). Sultzer is a goner (with Mcnab and two rookies in Rochester, they will be a cheaper alternative and capable). Morisons and Kotalik's contract does not matter. Their contract was never a factor against are books, being morrison is in Rochester and Kotalik was in Czec.

Darcy will never give up on Leno or Stafford and he actually feels this team needs Roy, because we have absolutely no depth at Center. If you look around the league, no team is going to trade and take on either of those contracts to do us any favors. 80% of the teams are dumping salary. A team that needs a center wont trade and pay Roys 5m when they can add 3 to it and get Parise.

There will not be a drastic haul like a lot of fans think. There will never be a trade, where we trade a player and one of our picks for a star or to move up in the draft, so some people need to stop dreaming. In the last 15 years, Darcy is the most conservative GM in the league. He will stay conservative. we will use our picks and not trade them away.

The worst thing that has happened for the Sabres late in the season, is that the sabres are now competing for a playoff spot. But what people fail to see, is that they are competing for a spot, because so many teams suck in the Eastern Conf. If Washington was as good as they are suppose to be, they would have the division locked up and we would then be 5 points behind Florida for that final spot, with Florida having 2 games on hand. But now that were competing for a spot, Darcy and Pegula think this team struggled because of injuries, meaning theyre keeping the players we have grown to hate.
    We will trade Roy because teams always overvalue players all the time. Varlamov, a example, was traded 2 Colarado 4 a first, if Colarado sucked mosted of the year, washington would have a top-3 pick. Roy will never be worth a 1st like Gaustad but, teams always overvalue players, it happens ever single year. On Kaleta, he doesn't need to be a 60 point player, but I want to see more from him if the coaches think he really a top 9 line player. My guts tells me that I believe its a waste of money to spend it on a guy who just does nothing but fight, hit, and who's nit a good blanced player (example McCormik)
    Last edited by EasternStar; 03-21-2012 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    You were saying?

vCash
    2 Goals 4 Hodgson! How about that sabres11!
    He hasn't logged on in 3 days according to his profile. Must be sobbing.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash

My opinion on what 2 expect this offseason:

First of all, I knew this team was not going to make the playoffs, so I sure as hell did not want the Sabres to be blown out against the Rangers in the bright lights of Madison Square Garden. This team is clearly not a playoff team and it proves with the players and record that they have this season. Second, we all know that the GM and Coach are not going anywhere, that's a safe fact. Unless you're one of those drunk fans who believe that crap would happen instantly. But the one I'll get to the most is the need to make this offense better and not let them just start the real season. This game last night was terrible....... for Roy and Vanek. BOOK IT! By no later than later late June, they will finally realize that the two "Core" players, will be traded in order to shape this offense and to it more productive. If they REALLY want to make this offense better, they better and I believe that the'll be looking at Rick Nash and Zach Praise if they want to REALLY want to win the Stanley Cup. But if this team get dumb like a couple times they do, with this streak, this is going to force Pegula, Black, and Regier to keep these players, because of some stupid "Playoff" run that they believe it is and not to look at this team full on for all 82 games. And finally, all of you Sabres fans always put stock into a half of season. Nobody going to ignore that this team has flaws during a full season. You just can't say "We'll this team did suck bad in the first half, but look what they did my the second half and with the young players , give it time, it will work." NO! We look at them from DAY 1! When Ted Black said that he wants to improve this team in the offseason and I believe him. But, I'm not going to put the Sabres into playoffs status until I still some drastic changes to the roster. Not Pominville, Miller and "sure as HELL" not Myers. But, what's going to be the Carter+Richards of the offseason: Roy+Vanek. Sabres fans, take the floor.

vCash
    He hasn't logged on in 3 days according to his profile. Must be sobbing.
    Only a looser would check out someones log in status. Ive been in Orlando for a couple weeks, thanks for caring.

Im glad I logged in to remind you all that even with Hodgson's 1 good game. HE ended the season a painful -7.

Poor Vanek. If someone told me in the beginning of the year he would be playing on a line with Corey Tropp, I would have thought they were crazy. Then add in -7 Hodgson in 20 games and again poor Vanek.

Now I know all you Bad News Bears Fans will use the quote of "Just wait til next year". But Hodgson couldnt score with Stafford and Ennis. Then they put Foligno in there and that line becomes elite. They move Hodgson to Vaneks line and Vanek scores 1 goal while playing with him. He is not as skillfull as you all think and he is just another wasted trade move be Darcy at the Deadline.

Remember people, if Hodgson wasnt traded to the Sabres, you all still would not even know that Cody Hodgson is a hockey player. But since he was traded to the Sabres, all of you's think he is a superstar in the making. Again, couldnt score with Ennis and Staff. Couldnt score with Vanek. Being on the ice when the other team scored became all to familiar.

vCash
    First of all, I knew this team was not going to make the playoffs, so I sure as hell did not want the Sabres to be blown out against the Rangers in the bright lights of Madison Square Garden. This team is clearly not a playoff team and it proves with the players and record that they have this season.
    While missing three of our top 4 D men we were not going to beat the Rangers. A healthy Sabres team would have taken the Rangers in 5.

Go check our record when Myers and Erhoff weren't hurt.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Only a looser would check out someones log in status.
    What is a looser?

Perhaps http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=looser ?

-Scott van Pelt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast