Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500

    Moore, Torres, Bernier, Boyes and now.....Hodgson?

    One more trade deadline move for Darcy and most likely another swing and miss for our GM.

    Tropp, Kassian and Gausted have had 100 X more of an impact for their team since the trade than Hodgson has.

    Hodgson's first game gave us promise, but now he is in our zone defending rather then producing in the opposition's zone. Kassian for Hodgson was a terrible trade. People need to think about this; There are no centers available, a position very very very hard to come by.

    Do we really believe that Vancouver who only had Sedin and Kesler, felt that those two were enough to have as depth to trade away Hodgson? Sure he was a third liner there, but if he was as good as the typical fan thinks, wouldnt Vancouver hold on to him, especially when they dont have any prospects on the Horizon.

    Do we really think they valued Kassian that much? No. Think about this; Buffalo has sucked all year, however, for our crappy team, Kassian couldnt stay called up. Now lets think about Vancouver. They were the best team in the league last year, the best team in the league this year, but for some reason, with all of their talent, Kassian has what it takes to stay in the NHL with them, but not with the Sabres?

    Hopefully because I am writing this, Hodgson will get a hat trick tonight, but I doubt it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    One more trade deadline move for Darcy and most likely another swing and miss for our GM.

    Tropp, Kassian and Gausted have had 100 X more of an impact for their team since the trade than Hodgson has.

    Hodgson's first game gave us promise, but now he is in our zone defending rather then producing in the opposition's zone. Kassian for Hodgson was a terrible trade. People need to think about this; There are no centers available, a position very very very hard to come by.

    Do we really believe that Vancouver who only had Sedin and Kesler, felt that those two were enough to have as depth to trade away Hodgson? Sure he was a third liner there, but if he was as good as the typical fan thinks, wouldnt Vancouver hold on to him, especially when they dont have any prospects on the Horizon.

    Do we really think they valued Kassian that much? No. Think about this; Buffalo has sucked all year, however, for our crappy team, Kassian couldnt stay called up. Now lets think about Vancouver. They were the best team in the league last year, the best team in the league this year, but for some reason, with all of their talent, Kassian has what it takes to stay in the NHL with them, but not with the Sabres?

    Hopefully because I am writing this, Hodgson will get a hat trick tonight, but I doubt it.
    First of all, Morre,Torres,Boyes have lost all of their game when they came here. Bernier didn't get a chance. Conklin and Zuburus are one's you missed to.

    Second, this is Hodgson's second team in two years, he's a better all-around player than Kassian and most of all, you can't just judge one young player based on the two lines he's played and your'e SO DISREPECTFUL! Heck, he didn't even get to a traing camp with this team. Hodgson will be with this team for years to come. Hodgon in my mind is better with the Sabres, than "Thug" Kassian is right now because this teams is in dired need of a center.

    Third, i've said all year long, I did not believe that kassian was goping to be a Sabre becuase the Sabres what to win now. Kassian to me will be either Lucic or Kaleta, can he do more than beat up players.

    Fourth, Gaustad, and Troop done more for the Sabres for there record?! please! Gaustad was never going to be signed and they get a 1t-rounder for a 3rd line center,thats a steal. Tropp is just a developmentall player. Hodgson will be good 4 this team. Once he statrs to play bad next year, then we have a debate sabres11. Don't just call in for the last 5 games and say Hodgson's a bust!

    Plus, if Hodgson stayed in Vancouver, he would never see the 1st and 2nd line and would have a average 26-year old center. Hodgon will get better, he's just chemistry and a whole training camp. Plus, we have 2 1st and 2nd rounder to trade for better pieces for Pominville, Miller, Myers, Hodgson, Ennis, Gerbe etc. Wait 4 next season my freind. kassian will struggle with Vancouver this season and the next 2, U watch.The Kssain-Hodgon trade in my opinion, is a steal! Take the floor!
    Last edited by EasternStar; 03-09-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    12,489
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly if you've seen how much more productive Ennis and Stafford have looked I'm not sure what you're talking about. Hodgson has not put up a point yet, but give him time. He's looked very solid so far. He's 22. Would you rather have Connolly back. Get a grip.

    Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,454
    vCash
    1500
    The teams didn't trade either player away because they gave up on them. They traded because they needed what the returning player brought. You needed a skilled C, we needed a tougher winger. IMO you're luckier to have Hodgson than we are to have Kassian, because Hodgson has already shown some brilliant ability as a playmaking C with a great shot. We're still hopeful Kassian fills the need for a physical winger that precipitated this trade for the Canucks but the jury's out. They are both definitely highly touted players and neither was given up on.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada/USA
    Posts
    5,243
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    The teams didn't trade either player away because they gave up on them. They traded because they needed what the returning player brought. You needed a skilled C, we needed a tougher winger. IMO you're luckier to have Hodgson than we are to have Kassian, because Hodgson has already shown some brilliant ability as a playmaking C with a great shot. We're still hopeful Kassian fills the need for a physical winger that precipitated this trade for the Canucks but the jury's out. They are both definitely highly touted players and neither was given up on.
    You hit the nail on the head here.

    Credit--- Phins1983

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    We shall see. Hodgson is coughing up the puck several times a game. Ottawa's last goal was because he couldnt handle the pass from Weber and Hodgson has not been able to go back in forth down the ice. You guys want to believe because your cheerleaders. But if you watch the games, you can tell why Vancouver management thought he was trade bait with his 16 goals this year rather than an important piece to their future, incase of an injury to Sedin or Kessler.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,454
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    We shall see. Hodgson is coughing up the puck several times a game. Ottawa's last goal was because he couldnt handle the pass from Weber and Hodgson has not been able to go back in forth down the ice. You guys want to believe because your cheerleaders. But if you watch the games, you can tell why Vancouver management thought he was trade bait with his 16 goals this year rather than an important piece to their future, incase of an injury to Sedin or Kessler.
    You need to see the difference between people that rate a player highly and "cheerleaders". I can see his deficiencies. He's a quality player who will come around. I'm a little surprised to see his lack of productivity so far, but he is adapting. Few players can just jump into a new system and produce.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    You need to see the difference between people that rate a player highly and "cheerleaders". I can see his deficiencies. He's a quality player who will come around. I'm a little surprised to see his lack of productivity so far, but he is adapting. Few players can just jump into a new system and produce.


    Hodgson is another trade bust. I see nothing more from him then I see from Stafford. He is a weak player and again against the Habs, he coughs it up and Montreal took the 1-0 lead. That is a huge - 1 for 6 games in a row.

    It amazes me how some of you watch this kid and think he's talented, when nobody on here even knew who this guy was prior to the trade. He went from being an unknown, to a superhero, in your minds overnight.

    Here are the Facts. Hodgson spends more time in our zone defending because of his weak play, then he does in the opposition side of the rink. He doesnt even get any shots on goal. His mistakes cost our team goals, because when he coughs it up, we spend 2 minutes in our end skating around trying to defend. Is that what you guys like? When Hodgson was traded for Kassian, If he only came in here with 5 goals 5 assist, you guys would see the truth. However, you guys look at the 16 goals and think Patty Lafontaine is back. Put down the pom poms and watch the games people. HOdgson will be demoted to the 4th line soon enough. Kassian, Gausted, Tropp, and now Foligno have outscored him since the trade.
    Last edited by ink; 03-14-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: baiting

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,646
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Hodgson spends more time in our zone defending because of his weak play, then he does in the opposition side of the rink. He doesnt even get any shots on goal.

    Hodgson spends more time in our zone defending because that is the role and position of a center. He doesnt even get any shots on goal because he is a playmaking center, whose job is to set up the wingers for a pass.

    *fixed
    Last edited by ink; 03-14-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: response to baiting


    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Hodgson spends more time in our zone defending because that is the role and position of a center. He doesnt even get any shots on goal because he is a playmaking center, whose job is to set up the wingers for a pass.

    *fixed
    Agree with every part you say. Especcialy on sabres11!
    Last edited by ink; 03-14-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: response to baiting
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Just incase you missed looking at the stats. Hodgson, even with the "production from Ennis and Stafford" is a - 1 each of his last 4 games.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Another great game by Hodgson -2. We have something special here.


    GP G A Pts +/- PIM Hits Bks PPG PPA SHG SHA GW SOG
    9 0 0 0 -4 2 7 3 0 0 0 0 0 13

    He was on the ice for two goals against Coloroda, including the game tying goal. Took a penalty, Colorodo scored on the PP. He was on the ice for the tying goal against Montreal. 13 shots = 1.4 shots a game.

    Roy and Stafford have never gone through a stretch this bad, but you guys talk about trading them all the time for their poor play.

    I cant wait for him to score one goal. I can see the posts now. " Dude he's awsome man".

    Watch Foligno, Kassian, Mcnabb, Tropp. Those are the players who make an impact with their noticeable game play. All you see from Hodgson is mistakes. No Physical ability. Weakness, getting taken off the puck with ease.
    Last edited by sabres11; 03-15-2012 at 04:09 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Another great game by Hodgson -2. We have something special here.


    GP G A Pts +/- PIM Hits Bks PPG PPA SHG SHA GW SOG
    9 0 0 0 -4 2 7 3 0 0 0 0 0 13

    He was on the ice for two goals against Coloroda, including the game tying goal. Took a penalty, Colorodo scored on the PP. He was on the ice for the tying goal against Montreal. 13 shots = 1.4 shots a game.

    Roy and Stafford have never gone through a stretch this bad, but you guys talk about trading them all the time for their poor play.

    I cant wait for him to score one goal. I can see the posts now. " Dude he's awsome man".

    Watch Foligno, Kassian, Mcnabb, Tropp. Those are the players who make an impact with their noticeable game play. All you see from Hodgson is mistakes. No Physical ability. Weakness, getting taken off the puck with ease.
    Once next season starts, we can have argument if Hodgson is a bust or not. This is his 1st full season in the league with 2 teams for GOD SAKE! If he sucks next year with the chemestry of a new Sabres (which I expect) and a full training camp, then this thread is lagit. Hodgson's not a washed-up Brad Boyes and this a transition year 4 him. The points will come, wait for him to get use 2 this team. Last 5 games of the season would be a good start to get scoring. Man, U hate Hodgson like Stephen A. Smith hates Tebow.
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternStar View Post
    Once next season starts, we can have argument if Hodgson is a bust or not. This is his 1st full season in the league with 2 teams for GOD SAKE! If he sucks next year with the chemestry of a new Sabres (which I expect) and a full training camp, then this thread is lagit. Hodgson's not a washed-up Brad Boyes and this a transition year 4 him. The points will come, wait for him to get use 2 this team. Last 5 games of the season would be a good start to get scoring. Man, U hate Hodgson like Stephen A. Smith hates Tebow.
    And he cannot even get a shot on goal in a shootout. WTF

    Its not that I hate him as much as I Hated the trade. AGAIN, Vacouver only has Sedin and Kessler at Center. The Sabres have been looking for a Center for 5-years. With not a lot of options available, Why would a team with only 2Centers, and no depth incase of an injury, then trade away Hodgson if he is so good?

    That has to make you wonder if Vancouver sees him as a fluke. Or is it because they see that Kassian will be 10x's better then Hodgson.

    Now remember, we all watched Kassian play here. We all have heard the stories about his play in Rochester. With that said, it is not normal that Vancouver, with a star young rookie center and 16 goals, then would trade that caliber player, for what we have seen in Kassian in Buffalo. UNLESS Hodgson is simply not that good.

    For Hodgson to come in here, not put up any points then proving he is a defensive liability through 10 games, will tell you that Darcy bombed another one. If KAssian was called up and had Hodgson's scoring Line, he would be demoted back to Rochester in 3 seconds. Once again proving that Ruff is forced to play the scabs, Darcy continuously brings in here.

    In the Last 9 games, Hodgson has been on the ice for 8 out of the 16 even strength goals scored against Miller. 50%. Horrible numbers for a player who was suppose to help us.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone watching the florida game. Maddon and the entire team skated right by Hodgson for a 2-1 lead. At least this guy is keeping his negative streak alive.

    By the way, This is Kassians rookie year and he is having a major impact there with the team and fans. Kassian Jerseys are all over stadium. Does anyone here have a Hodgson Jersey? Ive said it a thousand times. Darcy should not be allowed to make trades at the deadline. The last 8 years, his deadline deals have scored 6 goals total. Hopefully Pegula is seeing the team claw back into the playoffs and hopefully he sees our GM do nothing to help the team. Dont preach to me the 1st round draft pick crap. Darcy has way more draft busts then actual players in his carear here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •