Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Buffalo Core to be Dismantled?

Buffalo's Team President (Ted Black) came out with no injury excuses and actually showed a concerned face and said that Buffalo's "Core Players" are not safe!

In my opinion - FINALLY!!!

The article didn't mention names, but I assume Roy is one target. Gaustad, Hecht, and Stafford too? Ellis, Sekera, & Weber might go into any package deal because Black was clear to say that "many players" are having career BAD years and this is unacceptable!
    I also think Leopold and Kaleta are on warning!!

I like Buffalo to keep Miller and Boyes. I think both would rebound with some change!

vCash
    Keeping Stafford is probably the key to signing Praise in the off season, he was his best man in his wedding.

Hecht should consider retiring.

vCash
    [QUOTE=hoopty;20797408]Keeping Stafford is probably the key to signing Praise in the off season, he was his best man in his wedding.

Hecht should consider retiring.[/QUOTI

Would rather trade 4 my boy parise than risk signing him. He could be wowed by L.A. or the North Star State. But, we need to trade 4 a Star player in order to get Parise (Example: The player pictured I have below my signature). On Stafford, I don't think he'll get Zach, I don't care if he's Zach's best or Wing man. Who would want to play with Vanek and Stafford? On Hecht: he should be gone by now! MAN!
    Last edited by EasternStar; 02-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    [QUOTE=EasternStar;20821906]
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopty View Post
    Keeping Stafford is probably the key to signing Praise in the off season, he was his best man in his wedding.

Hecht should consider retiring.[/QUOTI

Would rather trade 4 my boy parise than risk signing him. He could be wowed by L.A. or the North Star State. But, we need to trade 4 a Star player in order to get Parise (Example: The player pictured I have below my signature). On Stafford, I don't think he'll get Zach, I don't care if he's Zach's best or Wing man. Who would want to play with Vanek and Stafford? On Hecht: he should be gone by now! MAN!
    you really think Kaner is gonna go to Buffalo?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    [QUOTE=Chi~TwnHawksFan;20829319]
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternStar View Post

you really think Kaner is gonna go to Buffalo?
    I think in 2014, not now. I also heard that he talked numerous times with Andrew Ladd about playing with each other with another franchise. These are people that know Kane really well. I don't think that Kane wants to be known as the Robin to Teows Batman. Look at history of guys that are great but played 2 fiddle. Jagr (great player) but is more remembered of being Lemiux's side kick, Gretzky-Messier, Sakic-Forsberg, Crosby-Malkin (should not say that now), but the bottom line is, Kane to me seems like a guy who wants to win a cup with his control or command of a franchise. I like Blackhaws fans, but I just have a feeling he wants to be in Buffalo, if he came here, he would be a messiah, like Teows in his hometown in Winnipeg if he went there.
    Last edited by EasternStar; 02-05-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    I would personally look into moving Boyes, Roy, Hecht, and see what they can get. Probably not much. Some of the youngers guys (Adam and Kassian) have looked good. Gaustad, Kaleta and Ellis have been decent 3rd liners for a while now. But those 3 I mentioned I'd definitely look to move.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada26 View Post
    I would personally look into moving Boyes, Roy, Hecht, and see what they can get. Probably not much. Some of the youngers guys (Adam and Kassian) have looked good. Gaustad, Kaleta and Ellis have been decent 3rd liners for a while now. But those 3 I mentioned I'd definitely look to move.
    If the Sabres want to win the Lords Stanley Cup as Terry "The Fake" Pegula sates, he would trade Ka$$ian with other players (Stafford,Roy, Leopold etc.) in order for them to get a star player to convince Parise to come to Buffalo with later another 3rd star.

vCash
    If the Sabres want to win the Lords Stanley Cup as Terry "The Fake" Pegula sates, he would trade Ka$$ian with other players (Stafford,Roy, Leopold etc.) in order for them to get a star player to convince Parise to come to Buffalo with later another 3rd star.
    Draft picks would be included, maybe not trade for a star player come the TD, but in Draft Night when Gunther-Ludic, and Armia sign with the Sabres.

vCash
    We don't have **** to trade. We can't trade young players in our position, and our veterans are all overpaid trash. Talking about deals we should make is a waste of time IMO. Only people in Buffalo think that we can trade Roy and Sekara for a top flight center. Even if we wanted to trade Miller, we'd be selling too low to make it worth while.

We're in a tough spot as a franchise. That's usually what happens when you're a basement dweller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochesta View Post
    We don't have **** to trade. We can't trade young players in our position, and our veterans are all overpaid trash. Talking about deals we should make is a waste of time IMO. Only people in Buffalo think that we can trade Roy and Sekara for a top flight center. Even if we wanted to trade Miller, we'd be selling too low to make it worth while.

We're in a tough spot as a franchise. That's usually what happens when you're a basement dweller.
    What are you talking about! Where a team in need for a big makeover. This team will most likely not make the playoffs, so they better get the Dr.Evil table ready, because there is going to be alot of firing going on. As for the players, package players in deal like prospects (Kassian, McNabb, Gunther-Ludic, Armia), core players (Vanek, Stafford, Ennis), and contracts (Roy, Sekera). New Regimes, means new players. I don't see Kassian as a Sabre, because were in dire need of a star player. Are team is a mess right now, the best time to make alot of moves and to gut the place is the off-season. Vanek-Roy being traded would be like Richards-Carter in Philly. How about this trade with Colorado: Buffalo: Landeskog and Statsny. Colorado: Vanek

vCash
    What are you talking about! Where a team in need for a big makeover. This team will most likely not make the playoffs, so they better get the Dr.Evil table ready, because there is going to be alot of firing going on. As for the players, package players in deal like prospects (Kassian, McNabb, Gunther-Ludic, Armia), core players (Vanek, Stafford, Ennis), and contracts (Roy, Sekera). New Regimes, means new players. I don't see Kassian as a Sabre, because were in dire need of a star player. Are team is a mess right now, the best time to make alot of moves and to gut the place is the off-season. Vanek-Roy being traded would be like Richards-Carter in Philly. How about this trade with Colorado: Buffalo: Landeskog and Statsny. Colorado: Vanek
    I agree we need a rebuild, but we have no assets to exchange. There will be no major moves for us because we have nothing of value. You can't turn Kassian, Stafford and Roy into a top center, that's like saying I can turn three Chevys into a Ferrari. Our players are garbage and any decent GM knows that. Look no further than our record.

It's not like we have some super star that we can trade to a contender either; our two stars (Miller and Vanek) are underperforming turds this year.

IMO, Buffalo fans talking about "we need to trade X now!" or "we need a top center right now" are just being homers. You need chips to play.

vCash
    To go along with that, if McNabb, Adam, Kassian, and other young players have decent value, why wouldn't we keep them? Isn't young talent the goal of a rebuild?

vCash
    To go along with that, if McNabb, Adam, Kassian, and other young players have decent value, why wouldn't we keep them? Isn't young talent the goal of a rebuild?
    I'm not saying get rid of all of the patients in the hospital, what I'm saying is that prospects have value in terms of teams trying to trade other players. I would like to a Vanek/Miller/Roy/Gaustad/Kasssian/and 2nd and 4th drafts picks in 2012 deal with Colorado. We get Paul Statsny, Gabriel Landeskog (Who I love watching him in Kitchener), Semyon Varlamov, Steve Downie, and Peter Muller. Colorado rampes its roster to contend for a playoff spot in 2012 and the Sabres get a collection of young talent for years to come.

vCash
    I agree we need a rebuild, but we have no assets to exchange. There will be no major moves for us because we have nothing of value. You can't turn Kassian, Stafford and Roy into a top center, that's like saying I can turn three Chevys into a Ferrari. Our players are garbage and any decent GM knows that. Look no further than our record.

It's not like we have some super star that we can trade to a contender either; our two stars (Miller and Vanek) are underperforming turds this year.

IMO, Buffalo fans talking about "we need to trade X now!" or "we need a top center right now" are just being homers. You need chips to play.
    Centers are one thing, but building a contending team is another way. I'm the biggest Vanek hater in this forum. Vanek is not a star, he's not a franchise player and its proving by one statistic. In 2 playoff series, 8 points, ZERO playoff advances, that's mined blowing. When your self franchise is supposed to lift you up, he's needs to do that. Heck, I would put Pominville as a franchise player for this team. We will never win the Cup with Vanek as are franchise player, its a fact. He's looks out of shape, he's slow to getting the puck, can't create his own shot, and is a body to get in front of goalies. Vanek also hates Roy guts and they put HIM with his arch enemy, THAT's again mind blowing. Do you think Roy thinks every single night when he gets in his hotel thinking " I wonder if I'll ever get a pass off right to Vanek's lazy *** today?"
    Last edited by EasternStar; 02-24-2012 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    There is value for teams that are bottom dwellers that need young players like that for 2012. It happens every single freaking year. GOD!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast