Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cp yankeesman View Post
    I heard the Vikings are shopping the 3rd pick. Would you trade the 16th 2nd next years 1st.
    For who?

I would only trade up for Richardson but wouldn't go as high as 3...maybe 9 or 10

vCash
    2. Sweet 16? Michael Floyd’s stock is rising to the point where he could sneak into the top 10. He’d receive strong consideration from the Jets if he somehow slips to 16. "His explosion off of the line of scrimmage is exceptional; I would compare it to (Justin) Blackmon’s," NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said of the Notre Dame WR. "The interest should start at No. 7 with Jacksonville, Miami at 8, Carolina at 9 and Buffalo at 10. (Picks) 7 through 10, there has to be some interest, but in no event can I see him going past the Jets at 16." Ultimately, the Jets' decision could come down to Floyd vs. the best-available pass rusher.

3. Secret crush. The Jets also have the hots for South Carolina DE/OLB Melvin Ingram, a versatile pass rusher who can play almost anywhere in the front seven. There are some who can believe he can be a 4-3 MLB. He has serious wheels. Against Georgia, he took a direct snap on a fake punt and ran 68 yards for a TD. Hey, maybe the Jets can let him run the wildcat. (Kidding.) Ingram, projected as a top-10 pick, is someone the Jets might be willing to move up for.

4. Welcome mat. ‘Tis the week of pre-draft visits. Be careful not to read too much into the list of names that parade through your favorite team’s facility. A visit doesn’t always mean legitimate interest; sometimes, it’s a smokescreen. Other times, it could be an 11th-hour medical check. And, yes, sometimes they’re legit. A year ago, the Jets brought in DE Muhammad Wilkerson for a workout; they picked him in the first round.

7. Gut feeling. The Jets are showing interest in South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery, according to a source. Jeffrey is a second-round prospect with almost Plaxico-like size – 6-foot-3. Problem is, he’s been known to have too much size. He ballooned to 240 pounds during the season, affecting his waistline. One scout told me he noticed a “gut” on Jeffery while studying him in a pre-game warmup. Jeffrey apparently loves to eat, the scout said. To his credit, he dropped some serious poundage and reported to the scouting combine at 216. The question is, could he stay away from Five Guys Burgers and Fries near the Jets' facility?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    can't go wrong with Floyd Blackmon and Jeffery i just hope 1 of the 3 is there when we pick in the 1st 2 rounds ray:

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Jaguars GM Gene Smith has gone on record saying this years DE draft class is weak. Hopefully, this means Jacksonville will pass on Ingram.

Good news for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Jaguars GM Gene Smith has gone on record saying this years DE draft class is weak. Hopefully, this means Jacksonville will pass on Ingram.

Good news for us
    I think Jax, Carolina, and Buffalo are all eyeing Floyd right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    And I think Jax will take him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post

Good news for us
    If he thinks the class is weak then they won't pass up a good one in the early rounds. Not saying the like him, but if they do at all then his value to them sky rockets because they know they can't find another DE later on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    if any of those teams take Floyd in the 1st that'll more than likely leave Jeffery on the board til at least the middle of the 2nd ray:

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    if any of those teams take Floyd in the 1st that'll more than likely leave Jeffery on the board til at least the middle of the 2nd ray:
    Yeah, I think that's wishful thinking. Wright will be long gone and anyone looking at WR will be eyeing Jeffrey. The Giants after losing Manningham could get him in the 1st. I think he's gone very early in the 2nd if he gets there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    If he thinks the class is weak then they won't pass up a good one in the early rounds. Not saying the like him, but if they do at all then his value to them sky rockets because they know they can't find another DE later on.

I agree with that. That's why I've been screaming Fleener. Micheal Floyd will be gone so will Stephen Hill. This draft has good offensive players. Floyd and Hill go before Blackmon you heard it here first.
    Last edited by cp yankeesman; 04-09-2012 at 01:41 AM.

vCash
    I agree with that. That's why I've been screaming Fleener. Micheal Floyd will be gone so will Stephen Hill. This draft has good offensive players. Floyd and Hill go before Blackmon you heard it here first.
    ...pretty much daily from what I've seen.

vCash
    If we get Melvin Ingram I might have to ejaculate on camera at the draft.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    I highly doubt both go before Blackmon, but if they do that doesn't mean we should draft Fleener in the 1st. It means we should draft Blackmon.

vCash
    Trumaine Johnson is a guy I'm liking more and more though I wouldn't want to go defense with our top 2 picks and I want a pass rusher. Dream scenario we trade down pick up an extra 2nd rounder take Perry in the 1st and take Jeffery/Randle with one of the 2nds and Johnson with the other.

vCash
    I think the best move would be to trade down and geab an extra pick, ingram doesnt do it for me honestly none of these projected 1st round pass rushers are that impressive the real gems are gonna come in the later rounds, if you cant get Richardson orFloyd i would go down some

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast