Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What is Burke's BIG move this offseason?

since he let go of his college bunk bud, whatchu think burkies move this offseason is? he will need to make something BIG happen. refer to offseason/moves forum if this conversation gets off topic.

what do you think burke has to do (trades, free agants, etc.)

my personal opinion, they need to bring in another dynamic young star like eberle (just throwing names out) and a goaltender trade purhaps. d is alright just get rid of komi. thoughts?
    Last edited by Minnellz; 03-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnellz View Post
    since he saved his college bunk bud, whatchu think burkies move this offseason is? he will need to make something BIG happen. refer to offseason/moves forum if this conversation gets off topic.

what do you think burke has to do (trades, free agants, etc.)

my personal opinion, they need to bring in another dynamic young star like eberle (just throwing names out) and a goaltender trade purhaps. d is alright just get rid of komi. thoughts?
    Burke will explore the market for a top 6 forward. Now with Carlyle as coach they'll look for some one with size that can net 25-30 goals.
    They will also explore their option at goal, but don't think they'll pick one up, all depends on how these two pan out the rest of the season.
    Burke may put together a package deal to get what he wants, Kadri may be part of it.

Probably when he moves back to the states after getting fired.

I mean seriously, he should get fired.

I'd like to see some major size added up front but I don't see it. Guys like Getzlaf just don't get traded. I think Kadri and MacArthur is dealt along with a dman, maybe Schenn for a star forward. Burke called up Ashton for the rest of the season which to me is a slap in the face to Kadri who's been treated like absolute garbage since he was drafted. The kid who deserves to be in the NHL. Burke will surely go after the two big UFA's, Suter and Parise and not sign them because he won't give a contract out that's more than 5 years. He'll also sign a guy like Harding. If he deals away our lottery pick I'll lose my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Probably when he moves back to the states after getting fired.

I mean seriously, he should get fired.
    He won't. He'll get one more year. The teams have under-achieved but he's also built the youngest/second youngest team in the league. Having Wilson around for so long was a huge part of the problem IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    I'd like to see some major size added up front but I don't see it. Guys like Getzlaf just don't get traded. I think Kadri and MacArthur is dealt along with a dman, maybe Schenn for a star forward. Burke called up Ashton for the rest of the season which to me is a slap in the face to Kadri who's been treated like absolute garbage since he was drafted. The kid who deserves to be in the NHL. Burke will surely go after the two big UFA's, Suter and Parise and not sign them because he won't give a contract out that's more than 5 years. He'll also sign a guy like Harding. If he deals away our lottery pick I'll lose my mind.
    I also agree about Kadri, it would be better for him to be dealt. I'm pretty sure his agent will have his say about his playing time with the big club. He just might demand a trade for Kadri.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I also agree about Kadri, it would be better for him to be dealt. I'm pretty sure his agent will have his say about his playing time with the big club. He just might demand a trade for Kadri.
    The worst part is I truly believe Kadri will be a lot like Ribeiro. The Leafs will give up on him and we'll see him flourish somewhere else. You really can't deny the kids hands and vision.

Boston can take that if he doesn't want it...

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Boston can take that if he doesn't want it...

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Damn you Bruins...always skateboarding on the sidewalks and your loud music.

hahaha

What goalies with be FA this upcoming offseason? I think they need to get a shutdown Dman and a great goalie....someone above mentioned getting more offense, they dont need that at all, they have scored 200 goals this season but have given up 209....I'd say keep the offensive production as it is, but try to cut down on goals against any way you can

a good idea might be a guy like Zanon if the bruins dont re-sign him, doesnt add to the offense but blocks shots like crazy and will come cheap....1 or 2 players like that with a goalie and I bet things turn around big time

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast