Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    pro bowl is such a beating, although i'm really happy Morestead is finally getting recognition
    To show how baseless and inaccurate the Pro Bowl selection is, Morstead has had the worst season this year in his young NFL career, but yet he makes the Peo Bowl this year!

-Less touchbacks in kickoffs
    -uncharacteristic shank punts
    -Noticeable lost of leg strength
    -Giving up return yardage on punts & kickoffs
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    the impressive thing about this years probowl was fitzgerald didnt make it....i was glad because he had a god aweful year (not his fault)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    To show how baseless and inaccurate the Pro Bowl selection is, Morstead has had the worst season this year in his young NFL career, but yet he makes the Peo Bowl this year!

-Less touchbacks in kickoffs
    -uncharacteristic shank punts
    -Noticeable lost of leg strength
    -Giving up return yardage on punts & kickoffs
    He's gonna set the record for average net on punts
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    what would you guys think of Teo? I could see him dropping out of the top 10 and into the middle of the first round
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Bushrod made the Pro Bowl once. That shows how unimportant it is.

I like Te'o, but the Saints need to work on the D-line or O-line with the first pick.

vCash
    OT is definitely the way we should go with our 1st pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    what would you guys think of Teo? I could see him dropping out of the top 10 and into the middle of the first round
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Bushrod made the Pro Bowl once. That shows how unimportant it is.

I like Te'o, but the Saints need to work on the D-line or O-line with the first pick.
    if he's BPA, then make it so. but then and only then.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    What I don't get is why does people say O line is our biggest need HELL NO ITS NOT. Drew threw for over 5000 yards again We need to draft Defense PEROID. We are now the worst Defense ever. We have no choice put to up grade the D. We need a new DE like JPP or Aldon Smith

BAD DIRTY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nobreed504 View Post
    What I don't get is why does people say O line is our biggest need HELL NO ITS NOT. Drew threw for over 5000 yards again We need to draft Defense PEROID. We are now the worst Defense ever. We have no choice put to up grade the D. We need a new DE like JPP or Aldon Smith
    Totally agree here. Even if we do have holes in the O line at the OT spot, it isn't nearly as pressing as the defensive needs. If we don't use EVERY draft pick for defense, I'd be highly disappointed. We could use a bit more size up front to help with opening up run lanes, but before anything we have to upgrade the D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nobreed504 View Post
    Because when Drew is getting killed half the time, its hard to win games. We win a lot more this year if Drew has time / RBs have running lanes, etc. The O Line is a definite need, especially if Bushrod leaves. however, I agree that the D Line is more pressing

vCash
    Even though there is more room for improvement on defense, I think the Saints have a better chance to improve the offense. Work on the line, give Drew more time and open more holes for the running game. That alone would help the D more than almost any player in the draft.

I think OT and even a reliable WR (drops killed the Saints) would go further than a stud DT or DE.

vCash
    I just think you draft a OT 1st and maybe we still lose games 42 to 41.

I don't see any real value in that. I'd much rather focus on D and win games 28 to 17

Run game + Defense + our pass game =s 09 style WHO DAT!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    You're giving the defense too much credit for that title. The 09 Saints could run the ball well and build huge leads, which forced other teams to air it out and the secondary got picks.

This season would have been different if Graham and Colston could have held on to the ball more. That alone probably gives the Saints 2 more wins. Get the Saints running the ball out the gate instead of near the end of Kromer, and the Saints start 2-2 or even 1-3.

The defense is so bad that one player isn't changing things much. The offense, however, can stand to improve. If a good LT can give Brees time, the Saints will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    You're giving the defense too much credit for that title. The 09 Saints could run the ball well and build huge leads, which forced other teams to air it out and the secondary got picks.

This season would have been different if Graham and Colston could have held on to the ball more. That alone probably gives the Saints 2 more wins. Get the Saints running the ball out the gate instead of near the end of Kromer, and the Saints start 2-2 or even 1-3.

The defense is so bad that one player isn't changing things much. The offense, however, can stand to improve. If a good LT can give Brees time, the Saints will be fine.
    Its a thin line between the two situations. I look at a top 5 Offense and I think without going into details, just taking that at face value, and compare that to a 32nd ranked defense all time worst mind you and I just cant get past that scenario of us scoring 40 and the opposition scoring 41 and we lose.

And I'm NOT saying you are wrong or anything AJ because like I said its a thin line between. Letting our offense influence how the other team plays offense which would help our defense and Improving the defense and letting them dictate to the other team what they can do on us. Our D needs an Identity time to man up!

That 09 Defense was taking the ball away giving it to our Offense run game and pass game they did that on their own. They fed the offense. They made two keys INTs that got us that Lombardi.

I'm just looking at the recent history of this team and its great offense.
    Time and time again this team is tops in the league in scoring and the defense gives up way to much points. We ride Brees and the Offense too hard. And I don't think its a Super bowl winning formula its a high scoring formula its a 10 11 12 win formula but it wont get the Lombardi on the road in the cold and prob not home in the dome either.

The run game is definitely, definitely, definitely, key imo, but I see that as a lack of play calling more so than a lack of execution. If we had been calling the runs early on I think they would've worked enough current O Line group fully considered. Ingram he is Emmit Smith like hes patient he reads holes but now I think we see he can make holes and explode!!! He did win the Heisman now he is starting to show up at this level.

Keeping in mind the above.

I then get more granular, break this thing down, and its the logical thing to do.

Overall, no question Defense is worse than Offense.

But then I assess OT group vs lets say our DB group which is a bigger weakness?

Which like you said can gain the greatest improvement from bringing in the bpa at that position group?

Which bpa most like has the talent to bring that improvement when we pick say somewhere around 12-15th? I haven't researched the exact spot yet.

But I don't think either of the OT Joekel or Matthews will be there when we pick anyway. So now what other OT do we think are worth that 1st round pick? So now we are taking an OT in the 1st round that's not what we assume is bpa at that position that's a bit of a gamble to me.

What we can be pretty sure of is the bpa at

DE Werner will be gone
    OTs Joekel and Matthews gone
    OLB and MLB in Jones, Mingo, Te'o gone nobody is gonna pass on these guys

Now I do think and for anyone reading Im just taking a guess at this stuff I'm no TrueInsider but

I could see possibly the best DT in Star Lotetoulei being there for us so that may be enticing us enough to pick him or Richardson. Its likely to me given Ellis and Bunkley in part play coupled with Hicks youth and the porous run D upfront at times.

So now I look to our DB group and the 1st round talent in the draft and I see Milliner, I see my initial pick for us Eric Reid, Matt Elam at SS as well, a X Rhodes, Jon Banks, etc etc

And how could you not want to get one of these DBs with that 1st pick.
    Im not saying OT isn't a bit shaky but when I put the whole puzzle together those DB pieces are missing and that 1st round is full of them relatively speaking being relative to the 1st round talent coming out this season.

I do think a solid young safety or CB in this passing league makes that much of a difference in what we can do on D.

I wanted and I still do want Eric Reid to be that guy sooooo bad he's a LSU guy and boy our CBs need a Safety behind them that they can trust. I just think that one dude can make a world of a difference in keeping scoring down on us. Hey if teams want to try to get rack up 300 rushing yards on us that I welcome but 400 yard passing games have to stop. Its too much and it puts pressure on our offense to stop running the ball if we are always matching TD for TD.

But as I said before I wish we would've gave our Left arm to get Patrick Peterson. Dee Milliner is no PP but he is the best DB in this draft I want him or one of the others I mentioned.

I mean we scored 38 on Panthers and we gave up 44. 38 should be enough geez. Im tired of our D giving up way too much
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 12-31-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Having Lovie Smith as our Def Coordinator things that make me go hmmmmmmm
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast