Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bryce Harris is on IR. Apparently the injury during the 49'ers game was a broken leg. Zach Strief is still limited in practice, so we might try to hurry and sign someone or promote from the practice squad before Thursday night

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    That position is cursed.

Best defenders are in the stands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    That position is cursed.
    RT is the new RB.

vCash
    Move Shanle to RT! Then Will Smith.

vCash
    hahahahahahaha
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Am I the only one who thinks we are going to go OL with our 1st this year? To me it seems like Barrett Jones, Khaled Jones, or some RT.

I personally want a Safety to replace Harper.

vCash
    I'm on record with wanting a LT. Harper is okay as a SS. Jenkins needs to be replaced before Harper.

vCash
    I'm on record with wanting a LT. Harper is okay as a SS. Jenkins needs to be replaced before Harper.
    Roman Harper is the worst coverage Safety in the league..... Last year they thought about moving him to OLB just so he could blitz. In the Falcons game I remember Quddus (spelling?) coming in at the end for coverage reasons.

vCash
    The job of a SS isn't really to cover. That's for the FS, yet Harper has more picks than Jenkins.

vCash
    The job of a SS isn't really to cover. That's for the FS, yet Harper has more picks than Jenkins.
    If your a DB, you should be able to cover.

Check two of the bigger games we have had last year, San Francisco in playoffs and opening night vs the Packers. Roman Harper gave up two TDs each game because of his guy. Vernon also burnt Malcolm a play as well, but Harper, to me, is hurting us.

Plus, we normally have the lead in games, we need more coverage. Especially since we don't blitz as much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Armsz10 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks we are going to go OL with our 1st this year? To me it seems like Barrett Jones, Khaled Jones, or some RT.
    You're not the only one who thinks O-Line is the biggest need. I think that the 1st round pick will be BPA at DE, OT, or DT. My favorite at O-Line is Jake Matthews

and are you talking about Khaled Holmes, the Center out of USC, or someone else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    You're not the only one who thinks O-Line is the biggest need. I think that the 1st round pick will be BPA at DE, OT, or DT. My favorite at O-Line is Jake Matthews

and are you talking about Khaled Holmes, the Center out of USC, or someone else?
    Yup, the very same. You saw the difference he makes when he was out vs Stanford.

vCash

Check two of the bigger games we have had last year, San Francisco in playoffs and opening night vs the Packers. Roman Harper gave up two TDs each game because of his guy. Vernon also burnt Malcolm a play as well, but Harper, to me, is hurting us.

Plus, we normally have the lead in games, we need more coverage. Especially since we don't blitz as much.
    I'm not saying the Saints can't upgrade, but any change in safeties should start with replacing Jenkins.

vCash
    Lmao....
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Don't suggest that ****...all we need is for Shanle to make a friend in Kromer too!

I personally want a Safety to replace Harper.
    We won't be going Center, if we are going to go O-line, it will be LT. In other threads we've discussed how difficult it's going to be to re-sign Bushrod, so with his exit, we are kinda ****ed more than we would be if we kept him.

Harper is NOT the problem, this year. Jenkins has made a few huge plays for us, but as far as consistency goes, he's not playing up to par.

I'm not sure where we can fit one into our draft, maybe 4th or 5th round? FS seems to be one of those positions you can draft late and still find quality people.

Roman Harper is the worst coverage Safety in the league..... Last year they thought about moving him to OLB just so he could blitz. In the Falcons game I remember Quddus (spelling?) coming in at the end for coverage reasons.
    Spags likes using 3 Safeties (it's called Big Nickel) and Harper will step up into the box. Last year, he practically was a Linebacker because all they had him do was blitz...but remember that GW runs a modified version of the 46 Defense, and that normally calls for the SS to be up closer to the ball.

It really pains me to defend Harper because I've hated him in the past and he's a Bama guy (**** you Bama!)...but he's really not the problem this year.

Teams are going back to the days of old where you have two Safeties that do everything, but there are some teams that still do it the way you are describing. The problem with us is Harper is doing a better job playing back in coverage than Jenkins is.

Jenkins has been blowing coverages and tackles all year. He's the bigger issue...he's supposed to be the guy getting all the INTs and he's not doing ****. Harper has really had a damn fine year, all things considering.

Now don't get me wrong, neither of these guys are going to the Pro Bowl or anything...but I gotta give the devil his due here.

Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post

You keep jumping back and forth from Matthews to Bjorn! You get ONE mancrush, Neo, pick one!

Yup, the very same. You saw the difference he makes when he was out vs Stanford.
    Center is not an issue...at least nowhere near as serious as both Tackle positions. We may have to pull a Jags move and draft Tackles with our first two picks, honestly.

I'm not saying the Saints can't upgrade, but any change in safeties should start with replacing Jenkins.
    You know how I feel about Jenkins and his stiff hips...****er can't rotate for ****.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Lmao....
    That **** was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast