Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Don't forget that we can restructure Drew's deal to save a nice chunk of change by converting his base pay to a signing bonus. We just need to get through 2013, so it's ok to rob Peter to pay Paul, at that point.

Extend Sproles and Moore. Restructure Harper, Drew, Vilma and Hawthorne. Cut Smith and (maybe) Jenkins.

That should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    We could backload Drew's deal. That'd help.

We just signed Moore last season. Is it a good idea to extend him?

Best defenders are in the stands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    We could backload Drew's deal. That'd help.

We just signed Moore last season. Is it a good idea to extend him?
    No, we convert Drew's base salary into a signing bonus and spread the cap-hit over the entire deal.

I thought we signed Lance 2 years ago to a 4 year deal? Man, I'm getting old.

vCash
    Didn't know that was an option with Brees. His base salary is $9.75M next season.

Moore is signed through 2015.

vCash
    Didn't know that was an option with Brees. His base salary is $9.75M next season.

Moore is signed through 2015.
    Can easily re-work his deal too, then.

vCash
    Hey guys, Im new on this board but I'm not the normal new guy. I've been on this the past 4 years just never joined so I know a lot about you guys from reading your posts ha. I'm a huge saints fan and I have no doubt that Mickey will work things out. I think we will restructure Vilma and Smith, and theres no way we cut Jenkins. Look forward to talking saints in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthingpoc22 View Post
    Hey guys, Im new on this board but I'm not the normal new guy. I've been on this the past 4 years just never joined so I know a lot about you guys from reading your posts ha. I'm a huge saints fan and I have no doubt that Mickey will work things out. I think we will restructure Vilma and Smith, and theres no way we cut Jenkins. Look forward to talking saints in the future.
    welcome to the board. looking forward to you joining in the discussion

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    Don't forget that we can restructure Drew's deal to save a nice chunk of change by converting his base pay to a signing bonus. We just need to get through 2013, so it's ok to rob Peter to pay Paul, at that point.

Extend Sproles and Moore. Restructure Harper, Drew, Vilma and Hawthorne. Cut Smith and (maybe) Jenkins.

That should cover it.
    i imagine all of this will happen. Good call, MT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthingpoc22 View Post
    WHO DAT! So I take it you are a fan of my FO FO defense

Just kidding welcome!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post

That should cover it.
    I would be hesitant about extending Sproles and Moore, both will be 30 next year and with their size if they start to lose a step they could become very ineffective. I have faith in the wizard.

2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

vCash
    Sproles would probably take it in a heartbeat, if that means he gets a bigger bonus (guaranteed money). If the Saints dial back his snaps and become more balanced, maybe he can play to age 32-33 and stay productive.

vCash
    Sproles would probably take it in a heartbeat, if that means he gets a bigger bonus (guaranteed money). If the Saints dial back his snaps and become more balanced, maybe he can play to age 32-33 and stay productive.
    PSD's Darren Sproles agrees. I'd accept those terms.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Walk into the meeting and tell him that. I'd love to see his reaction.

Met the guy at a signing. Pretty cool, but I couldn't get over how short he is (I'm 6'3"). I didn't say anything because I wouldn't want him pulling an Aaron Rodgers and being a dick about it.

vCash
    I think Loomis should also look in to dealing at least one of the Saints' RBs for a draft pick. I know we're scared of injuries, but you can't sit on guys forever without it causing trouble in terms of depth in other areas. Trotting out 4 RBs isn't a long-term option. If Ingram can develop his screen game, maybe PT is the odd man out. I love the guy, but Ivory and Ingram are younger. If a team ponied up a 3rd or 4th for PT, I'd take it.

Sproles was absent from the conversation because he offers something different from the rest of the guys plus Brees loves him. That and Cadet isn't ready to take his spot.

vCash
    I think Loomis should also look in to dealing at least one of the Saints' RBs for a draft pick. I know we're scared of injuries, but you can't sit on guys forever without it causing trouble in terms of depth in other areas. Trotting out 4 RBs isn't a long-term option. If Ingram can develop his screen game, maybe PT is the odd man out. I love the guy, but Ivory and Ingram are younger. If a team ponied up a 3rd or 4th for PT, I'd take it.

Sproles was absent from the conversation because he offers something different from the rest of the guys plus Brees loves him. That and Cadet isn't ready to take his spot.
    Absolutely would hate to see Pierre go, but you almost have to lose one of these guys.

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast