Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He's a LB playing SS and has no cover skills. Just pop in the tape of the Seahawks game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    He's a LB playing SS and has no cover skills. Just pop in the tape of the Seahawks game.
    You can keep your tapes, I'll take the words of NFL coaches and players! Plus I know what I see on tape though my eyes and experiences!

vCash
    Not a fan of his. With everyone else thinking his value is high, he should be traded.

vCash
    Why would we trade Harper? He played great in the game vs the 49ers... I could see us trading him if Jericho Nelson starts to beast. But then again sprags likes playing with 3 safety's on the field.
    WHO DAT!

vCash
    I rembemer that game like it was yesterday Greg willillams had him playing 15-20 yards off the receivers an tight ends. Just like he did in the 49ers game when they were on the goal line an are CB's were 10 yard off em on 1st an goal like retards.
    Last edited by Davidgta1; 07-21-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    WHO DAT!

vCash
    just read on another forum that the colts Supposedly want a pick in the 3rd or 4th round.

a 3rd for Freeney would be great. and with the Vilma suspension we should have 13 mill in cap space

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    just read on another forum that the colts Supposedly want a pick in the 3rd or 4th round.

a 3rd for Freeney would be great. and with the Vilma suspension we should have 13 mill in cap space
    Maybe a 3rd an chris ivory seen on sum sites that were gonna waive him or trade em. hopefully that saints pull the trigger to get Dwight. He will make our Dline so much better an mentor the young guys like martez an galette.
    WHO DAT!

vCash
    A 3rd for a year of Freeney? Leave the Saints with a 1st then a 4th. I'd still consider it if I were Loomis esp. since he has access to exactly how much the Saints would have to pick up.

vCash
    As for Harper, I don't see Spags blitzing with him like Williams did. Yes, he's good with the run, but the Saints are overall haven't been good in that department. Swapping him out for a SS with some more cover skills isn't a bad idea.

If the line was better, maybe Harper would be better, so some of this is on them and the front office. With that said, you still must try to hide your inadequacies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Put BIGBREED on record,

I'm not trading Roman Harper! He's one of the Top SS in the league and he's wanted by a lot of other teams causing GM- Mickey Loomis to field trade calls for his services daily! Bill Belichick has called the past three years for a trade during the draft for Harper. He loves him!

#ImNotTradingHim
    No you're right tho BB for all the **** we give Harper and I know I do and other Saints fans have too. He led us in sacks and he is a hell of a tackler plus he is experienced. His value relative to the position is evident in the contract Saints gave him.

That said he is benefitting from a lack of talent at the position.

That said notice he still didnt make Pro Bowl which the Pro Bowl can be seen as a weak game but there is no question that only the best of the best usually make the Pro Bowl and he did not coming off maybe the best season of hs career.

That said I think he should've made the Pro Bowl.

But seriously the game turning into pass happy exposes his biggest weakness unfortunately for him cause other than that he is a beastly football player imo.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    As for Harper, I don't see Spags blitzing with him like Williams did. Yes, he's good with the run, but the Saints are overall haven't been good in that department. Swapping him out for a SS with some more cover skills isn't a bad idea.

If the line was better, maybe Harper would be better, so some of this is on them and the front office. With that said, you still must try to hide your inadequacies.
    Harper is just a classic SS who falls victim to the pass happy NFL now. Ideally I wish we could keep him cause he is such a good tackler but I want to have a better coverage SS too.

But to put it simply I'd trade him esp since he does have clear value and could definitely get us a good return if we traded him.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    No you're right tho BB for all the **** we give Harper and I know I do and other Saints fans have too. He led us in sacks and he is a hell of a tackler plus he is experienced. His value relative to the position is evident in the contract Saints gave him.

That said he is benefitting from a lack of talent at the position.

That said notice he still didnt make Pro Bowl which the Pro Bowl can be seen as a weak game but there is no question that only the best of the best usually make the Pro Bowl and he did not coming off maybe the best season of hs career.

That said I think he should've made the Pro Bowl.

But seriously the game turning into pass happy exposes his biggest weakness unfortunately for him cause other than that he is a beastly football player imo.
    Under here's a Lil food for thought:
    The Pro Bowl is and has always been about friendships, who's with what agent, and who attends each others camps! It hasn't been about talent since the early 90's! * and now they let the fans vote! I promise you this, I bet coaches vote him in!

Coverage:
    -he can't cover, but he's the best at what he does in the NFL! And there's always a need for those type of plays in football
    -You say he can't cover, but that's the main reason CB's are moved to safeties in college.
    -Spags zone coverage will benefit from Harpers aggressive pop in the backfield and Harper should benefit from not playing in GW's man coverage!
    -Poor Dline play and Poor OLB play will always hurt a secondary!
    -If he's that bad, offenses should game plan more for him and when he blitz, he should get picked up by a olineman or a QB/WR for the Hot Route! They target Scott Shanle and underneath our defense exposing our very loose coverage(CB 8yds deep and FS 25yds deep)
    Lack of personal for that GW blitzing scheme, we had "NO" front 7!
    -Scott Shanle! <I rest my case

•There's nothing "No One" can tell me about what importance Roman Harper brings to a NFL's Defense! I'm talking Football 101, but you're talking as a fan!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 07-22-2012 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Under here's a Lil food for thought:
    The Pro Bowl is and has always been about friendships, who's with what agent, and who attends each others camps! It hasn't been about talent since the early 90's! * and now they let the fans vote! I promise you this, I bet coaches vote him in!

Coverage:
    -he can't cover, but he's the best at what he does in the NFL! And there's always a need for those type of plays in football
    -You say he can't cover, but that's the main reason CB's are moved to safeties in college.
    -Spags zone coverage will benefit from Harpers aggressive pop in the backfield and Harper should benefit from not playing in GW's man coverage!
    -Poor Dline play and Poor OLB play will always hurt a secondary!
    -If he's that bad, offenses should game plan more for him and when he blitz, he should get picked up by a olineman or a QB/WR for the Hot Route! They target Scott Shanle and underneath our defense exposing our very loose coverage(CB 8yds deep and FS 25yds deep)
    Lack of personal for that GW blitzing scheme, we had "NO" front 7!
    -Scott Shanle! <I rest my case

•There's nothing "No One" can tell me about what importance Roman Harper brings to a NFL's Defense! I'm talking Football 101, but you're talking as a fan!
    Hey man I told u before if im wrong im wrong and that breakdown leads me to believe you are right

"A man who surrounds himself with wise men will be wise"

So maybe you know football better than I do but bottom line stop showing off jk Good stuff B
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Hey man I told u before if im wrong im wrong and that breakdown leads me to believe you are right

"A man who surrounds himself with wise men will be wise"

So maybe you know football better than I do but bottom line stop showing off jk Good stuff B
    Ur the man! We fam under, we fam

vCash
    Even if it is only to yourself, you're right a lot. That kind of confidence is impressive in its own right.

Now, if you want to tell me about how awful Shanle is, I'll listen all day long.

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast