Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Eli or Ben

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Or how about this. The giants.longest rush att was 37 yds. That's tells me most of their rush tds were in the redzone. So maybe they don't trust Eli in the red zone
    Prolly afraid his interceptionitis will show up again.

In fact all 17 came in the red zone. 15 pass in the red zone. With Manning's 50% comp and 75.9 rate in the red zone, I could see why they would run in the red zone.

The Giants don't trust a QB that won them a SB, and that they just paid 100+ million? Yeah right. Nobody is stupid enough to pay a player that much that they don't even trust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post

The Giants don't trust a QB that won them a SB, and that they just paid 100+ million? Yeah right. Nobody is stupid enough to pay a player that much that they don't even trust.
    Hey, genius. You do know that the regular season happens before the sb right? Making you "just won a sb for them" argument useless. You know what did happen prior to the 2011 regular season? The 2010 season and 25 int.

And just because the owner and GM paid him, doesn't mean the man calling plays trust him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post

He is an even more nonsensical hater than Pinstripe lol...Don't worry about him.

Obviously the Giants trust Eli Manning to throw it in the redzone...there is a reason he has been averaging about 30 TDs a season the last 3 seasons.

There is obviously nothing wrong with running the ball from within the 3 yard line in the red zone area...especially when you have a power based rushing attack. Its called smart football lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eli throws about 35 TDs next season. With the level of overall production he gives our offense...I could definitely see it happening.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 03-10-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    He is an even more nonsensical hater than Pinstripe lol...Don't worry about him.

Obviously the Giants trust Eli Manning to throw it in the redzone...there is a reason he has been averaging about 30 TDs a season the last 3 seasons.

There is obviously nothing wrong with running the ball from within the 3 yard line in the red zone area...especially when you have a power based rushing attack. Its called smart football lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eli throws about 35 TDs next season. With the level of overall production he gives our offense...I could definitely see it happening.
    He and Pinny are definitely in their own "tier" as we like to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    He and Pinny are definitely in their own "tier" as we like to say.
    They are in the top tier lol. They are definitely elite. We should make a top 15 list with different tiers.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    They are in the top tier lol. They are definitely elite. We should make a top 15 list with different tiers.
    lol if it wouldnt get me banned again i would. But they are definitely elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    lol if it wouldnt get me banned again i would. But they are definitely elite.
    awaiting their predictable response of making a "homer" top 15 list with tiers.

vCash
    In many ways yes.

Lets just look at Eli vs. Romo.

Eli led his team to have a higher ranked passing offense (yards).

Eli also led his team to more offensive TDs on the season and more offensive points overall. The Giants had about 17 rushing TDs (or something like that). Only about 3 or 4 of them were set up by the rushing offense. Eli was basically responsible for setting up the rest. Meanwhile, the Cowboys only had 4 rushing TDs despite having a clearly better rushing offense. So, while Romo threw 2 more passing TDs...Eli led his team to almost 10 more total TDs on the season.

In fact, the Cowboys had more rushing yards and more yards per carry.

So inconclusion......

Giants passing offense > Cowboys passing offense

Cowboys rushing offense > Giants rushing offense

Giants total offense (TDs, Points, and Yards) > Cowboys total offense (TDs, Points, and Yards)

It seems to me that Eli had a more positive effect on his offense than did Tony Romo.

Qb rating only tells us about yards, passing TDs, Ints, completions, and completion percentage. Those stats alone don't paint a clear enough picture.

Eli had a lower completion percentage, but at the end of the day he had more yards and more yards per attempt. That tells me that he was better at moving the ball in between the 20s.

And if you look at their red zone play...Eli may have thrown 2 less TDs, but he led his team and set up his team for more total TDs and more total points. Advantage Eli.

The only thing Romo was better at than Eli was interceptions. Having said that, Eli did a tremendous job this season of taking calculated risks. Despite the face that Eli threw 6 more picks, he and Romo had about the same amount of truly detrimental Ints. When its 3rd and long at mid field...an Int has basically the same effect on your team's chances of winning as does an incomplete pass. If you go back and do the research, Eli only had about 4-5 Ints that were inexcusable and costly to the team. Off the top of my head, I can count about 3-4 ints that Romo had that were truly detrimental to his team's chances of winning a given game.

Still though...ok I'll give Romo the win in the TO department. But, this past year there was no question that Eli lead his offense to be more successful than did Romo in the grand scheme of things, despite the fact that he had less balance in his offense.

Team stats told this story. The individual stats in this particular case...hid a good portion of the truth.

Now, if you simply watch the games you can see this with your own two eyes, but team stats cannot be ignored. They are just as, if not even more important than the individual stats when it pertains to evaluating the Qb position.

In the end, you have to look at ALL of these statistics in context to what happens in the game and throughout the season. You also have to look at the qualities these guys possess off the field and in certain big stage moments.

Eli was better than Romo last season, despite have a lower Qb rating by about 7 points or so. Eli was a better and more valuable asset to his team this past season.
    You want a team stat? 50.7%. Thats the precentage of red zone possesions the Giants offense turned into tds. If your wondering, thats 20th in the league.

vCash
    More bologna
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStar-8 View Post
    awaiting their predictable response of making a "homer" top 15 list with tiers.
    What we really need are more thought out post like the one quoted above yours.

vCash
    What we really need are more thought out post like the one quoted above yours.
    There is a hidden message in that post that most people can figure out with ease. Are you really struggling with it?

vCash
    No matter where non giants fans ranked him, it wouldn't be good enough for you guys. It's the typical New York state of mind. No matter what your players are better then everyone else's and no matter how much you show they aren't you get the same typical answers from them. Calling people haters, ignorant or whatever you guys come up with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStar-8 View Post
    There is a hidden message in that post that most people can figure out with ease. Are you really struggling with it?
    Guess not. What's the deep intelecctual meaning behind the word bologna? Besides the fact the guys can't give a coherent response to anything. Instead he gives some childish response. Kind of like your buddy Mr Haha.

vCash
    No matter where non giants fans ranked him, it wouldn't be good enough for you guys. It's the typical New York state of mind. No matter what your players are better then everyone else's and no matter how much you show they aren't you get the same typical answers from them. Calling people haters, ignorant or whatever you guys come up with.
    I think every, or the vast majority of Giants fan are fine with Eli being ranked 5/6...as that is where they have him ranked on their own list. And if you look at most of the QB rankings in this forum by non-SB46champs fans , Eli is consistently at 5/6, so you are just making **** up in an effort to bash our "New York state of mind".

vCash
    Most non giants fans have him ranked #5 or #6. Do Giants fans really call those people haters? If so, that's news to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    I think every, or the vast majority of Giants fan are fine with Eli being ranked 5/6...as that is where they have him ranked on their own list. And if you look at most of the QB rankings in this forum by non-SB46champs fans , Eli is consistently at 5/6, so you are just making **** up in an effort to bash our "New York state of mind".
    Im not making up anything. Its been done by New Yorkers and thier fans with plenty of players. Jeter, Cano, hell even Jets fans manage to do it wit Sanchez, it's done with Teixeira, Carmelo and now it's happening with Lin. Boston fans do it too. Which is why I stay away from the Sox forum. NY is exactly how most Americans are, only worst.

It's natural to be a little bit of a homer. It's going to happen. But when someone doesn't agree with you and you resort to just calling everyone who don't "haters", thats when you know you have an abnormal amount of homerism. And you see more of that from NY fans then any(except maybe Lakers fans when it comes to Kobe).

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast