Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    this was a pretty good win tonight and bryz was on his A game. None of the goals were really his fault. I am starting to feel better about this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    hey guys. missed the thread tonight; was flying home for spring break. caught the last 16 of the 3rd period.

looks like we got off to another shaky start. this has got to stop.

and JVR just having the most unfortunate season this year. ****. hope he can get back for the playoffs.

good we won. can't wait to watch the next game on my big screen at home!

At least tonight they responded quickly. Hopefully next game, we can score the first goal and break this W-L-W-L pattern we've got going.

The Giroux line seems to have its magic back and Read should get a confidence boost from his near-hat-trick. He or Briere will need to pick up some slack now that JVR could be done for the regular (fingers crossed) season. Mez also looked really good joining in in the offensive zone today, but you can't rely on a defenseman to make up for a forward's production (especially when, right now, it's almost asking to much to rely on our defensemen for defense).

It's funny that this thread was way less active than all the threads for the games on the West Coast trip.

I'll be gone for the next week, so don't hesitate (not that you ever should) to put up a game thread, if you don't see one (but keep in mind that KJ is on a one-game win streak ).
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodandNails View Post
    At least tonight they responded quickly. Hopefully next game, we can score the first goal and break this W-L-W-L pattern we've got going.

The Giroux line seems to have its magic back and Read should get a confidence boost from his near-hat-trick. He or Briere will need to pick up some slack now that JVR could be done for the regular (fingers crossed) season. Mez also looked really good joining in in the offensive zone today, but you can't rely on a defenseman to make up for a forward's production (especially when, right now, it's almost asking to much to rely on our defensemen for defense).

It's funny that this thread was way less active than all the threads for the games on the West Coast trip.

I'll be gone for the next week, so don't hesitate (not that you ever should) to put up a game thread, if you don't see one (but keep in mind that KJ is on a one-game win streak ).
    And that's all that counts.

This season just sucks for me because I live in Florida now and work night shift. For the first part of the season I had the NHL center ice for the computer but I took a hiatus from PSD and never was able to renew it because of the work schedule. Didn't want to waste the money. I've probably watched 2 or 3 games since December (the San Jose game being the most recent)

I just haven't been able to really comment on anything here since I'd be talking out of my *** (or the boxscores).

Can't wait for the playoffs.

vCash
    Homer give an update yet on how long JVR will be out? Bryz played good. Last NYI goal was a bit soft but up 4 goals he probably didn't care too much. Glad to see them keep him in goal game after game like a true starter.

vCash
    LOL..Jagr was freakin funny with his postgame comments. Sayin maybe they should start Bob for the first shot of the game and then bring bryz in after that ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodandNails View Post

).
    Actually the good news to me is that ...production wise, JVR was the easiest guy to replace for the season. He was becoming more of a factor the last few games but overall he wasn't a key part for us all season. Briere needs to pick it up to replace his OWN game at this point.

Hopefully JVR's thing isn't that bad.....in a perfect world at this point he gets healed by the playoffs and really has a chance to come out of the gate completely fresh and rejuvinated...since sitting out awhile he had a different kind of energy coming back than he had all year....that could be really useful come playoff time...

vCash
    anyone else noticing that Simmonds and Schenn just have instant chemistry? It doesnt matter who Lavy sticks with them, usually its JVR but last night it was Briere, they just move the puck in the Offensive zone so well... hope they both get extensions and are a pairing on this team for a while. (I wish Giroux had his "Leclair" on this team to play with for another 10 years)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Actually the good news to me is that ...production wise, JVR was the easiest guy to replace for the season. He was becoming more of a factor the last few games but overall he wasn't a key part for us all season. Briere needs to pick it up to replace his OWN game at this point.

Hopefully JVR's thing isn't that bad.....in a perfect world at this point he gets healed by the playoffs and really has a chance to come out of the gate completely fresh and rejuvinated...since sitting out awhile he had a different kind of energy coming back than he had all year....that could be really useful come playoff time...
    I agree with this. With all the injuries he has battled through all year, having him come back in time for the playoffs could be a huge spark especially if they have somewhat of a hot streak going in. Also gives him a chance to rest the hip and head.

vCash
    Jvr supposedly out 4-6 weeks. I guess the silver lining is that you can all but rule his concussion healed by the time he returns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillysports101 View Post
    I agree with this. With all the injuries he has battled through all year, having him come back in time for the playoffs could be a huge spark especially if they have somewhat of a hot streak going in. Also gives him a chance to rest the hip and head.
    Yeah, to me being out with the concussion seemed to help the other problems he was having...might have kept him off the ice just enough that he felt a little fresher and less nagged by whatever else was going on..he was noticeably more energetic......that could bode well if he gets 5 more weeks off and can do a sprint in the playoffs and then fix what ails him in the off season with some surgery...

vCash
    I guess the silver lining about JVR being out is that JVR is out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    LOL....don't be shy....tell us how you really feel..

vCash
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    I must be missing the joke...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    I

I must be missing the joke...

don't worry; it was a bad one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12