Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Big huge no to Nash, do you see what they are asking for? We would need to give up Granlund+Hacket+Coyle and picks it is not worth it. Coyle could be the next Nash. Dont doubt that. He went from a high prospect to a blue chip. Not often can a college player leave play in juniors and just dominate physically with a longer schedule.

Coyle's leaving to play juniors was a knock on him because he is older and physically more mature than anyone he was playing against. A lot of people see his numbers as misleading given he is 2-3 older then a good portion of the kids he is playing against.

And trading for Rick Nash was an example of the type of move Fletch wants to make, not the one he should make. Although I think you're being a little dramatic on the asking price. Look what Carter got traded for with a better contract.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    A little dramatic? The rangers said they asked for Krieder (A better rated prospect then Coyle) either Del Zotto or McDonagh (already NHL level talent) Carl Hagelin (NHL ready forward) and a first round pick. They asked for Voynov (LA's best defender prospect) Andrei Loktoinov (sp?) and Bernier and a first round draft pick from LA. So how in the world would Granlund+Coyle+Hacket bet too much considering none of those players are NHL proven talent and borderline NHL ready?

And screw Coyle stat line, honestly I could not even tell you what it was, if you watched a game either while he was at college or in juniors physically he dominated. And I am not buying "age" as a factor. There are plenty of big boys playing in the Q and a lot of them are Coyle's age. If he had that much of a competitive advantage because of his age, they wouldnt allow kids that age to play in the Q. Is "age" what makes Galiev, Huburdeau, Jurco and Phillips good on the Sea Dogs? Or is it because they are just better talent?

Btw Aaron Ekblad was born in 96, is 6' 3'' and almost 210 pounds at barely 16 years old playing in juniors...I am not buying this age crap. Jake Virtanen is 6 feet 180 at 15. Seth Jones is 6' 3'' 185 born in 94...These are just examples of players I know off the top of my head. I am sure there are others that arent as high profile that are bigger or just as big that are younger then Coyle.

vCash
    Coyle did not dominate at Boston I watched him play a few times and with the Nash thing I feel they are going to be coming a little more desperate to move him or eventually get nothing for him

vCash
    Well there is a different type of dominate from college to juniors. Points wise no he didn't, but he was intelligent, showed great awareness both offensively and defensively. And physically he did dominate, I can't remember a time he lost a battle on the boards and he always drove to the net hard and won battles. Yeah they will get less for Nash now then at the deadline, but they will get a blue chip prospect and an NHL ready player or a slew of top end prospects. From us I bet the asking price starts Granlund and Hacket as the base to the package, from there they could ask Coyle to hopefully replace Nash one day or Phillips to get more center prospects. I'm telling you Nash wont go cheap to whatever team because someone (rangers) will be willing to bid high to make sure no other team gets him.

vCash

Parise

Listening to KFAN last night Lou Nanny was on. (For those who aren't aware, former North Star player and GM, Very reputable scout and has his finger on the pulse of just about all things NHL) Lou said he had lunch with Leopold just a couple days ago and that he is confident that the Wild will sign Parise UNLESS parise wants to play elsewhere. Specifically saying that The wild are going to throw a LOT of money at Parise and are essentially willing to match or exceed any other offer he gets. So If Parise wants to go to a team he thinks has a better chance of winning the cup he will be doing it for less money. Coming from most sources, I would not belive it for sure.. But coming from Lou, I do.. Sounds like the wild are going to be willing to break the bank after Parise.. Lets hope he wants to come here and it doesn't cost us a Brad Richards/Hossa type contract..

vCash
    Well that does sound good, but trust me we will be seeing Gaborik/Nash/Malkin type money to outbid everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Well that does sound good, but trust me we will be seeing Gaborik/Nash/Malkin type money to outbid everyone.
    I personally am all for a contract for Parise that pays him between 7.5 and 8 mill per season.... When Heaters contract is up, we'll likely let him go or trade him just before with all the youth coming up. Backstrom has another year at 6mill and I"D LOVE to see us dump him. and let harding start for a year then bring hacket into the fold. This still gives us 3 years worth of the young guys under contract, probably a 2-3 year extension for them at even a heafty raise gives us plenty of room. However, it doesn't give us much room to go after Suter or another Top D-man on a long term deal. It also might not give us a ton of flexability in the FA market in the coming 2-4 years, BUT if all the young guys pan out, we'll have trade bait AND shouldn't need to spend a ton on FA anyways.

I CAN'T WAIT till July.

vCash
    I want Backstrom moved too but at this point that is not happening and Harding will hit the FA market. Im fine with giving those numbers to Parise, just will he take them? Otherwise there are lots of D options we can explore I would be happy with Jackman, Garrison, Carle, Allen, Coliacovo etc. There are lots of options on D, no top pairing guys besides Suter but solid D men.

vCash
    Nanne also said in that interview that there is a very good chance the WILD may land Suter as well. Is it July 1st yet??

vCash
    Oh no, I hold hope for Parise but the chance of us landing Suter are almost none. Parise has tie's here and that might be why this pushes him over the edge, Suter doesnt. And Detroit is going to be going after him with basically a write your amount and term here contract.

vCash
    Suter is a Wisconsin kid, has a farm near Madison and is married to a Bloomington woman. I don't know, I think it will come down to us and Detroit. If we land Parise first, Suter may follow and vice versa. Wishful thinking, anyway.

vCash
    None of that really shows he has a connection to Minnesota...It shows he has some too Wisconsin and his Wife has connections to Minnesota, which I guess you could say makes him have some?? Not enough not nearly enough to draw conclusions to him having MN connections. Wishful indeed, but if we land one of Jackman, Garrison, Carle, Coliacovo, Allen etc I would be plenty happy. I really dont think Fletcher should waste much time on Parise and Suter an should go straight to the B list guys and try to beat and sign them before other teams do. Sure tell Parise we will offer him more then any other team thats all fine and dandy but otherwise focus on a guy like Carle and Garrison bring one or both of them in and you have yourself a clear upgrade.

vCash
    i think carle benefited from playing with pronger a lot and imo think we should avoid him if possible i like garrison much more as an up and comer

vCash
    I woul take garrison over carle but only slightly.

vCash
    Hey Wild fans. I am a huge Penguins fan. I attended the Wild vs Penguins game early last season and I have to say you guys have great fans. Very courteous and very knowledgable. But I have a question for you Wild fans. I have a trade to purpose with you guys. If I were to offer you guys Jordan Staal, Paul Martin, Tyler Kennedy and a conditional 2013 3rd round pick if Jordan Staal signs an extension for Devon Setoguchi, Jason Zucker and your 1st round 2012 draft pick (#7 overall).
    What are your thoughts about this deal?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast