Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Hudler be re-signed this offseason?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ken Holland lets him walk

9 56.25%
  • They agree to terms and Happy Hudler remains with Detroit

7 43.75%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jiri Hudler

vCash
    I dunno, I can see Cleary being let go before Huds at this point. His play is no where near the capacity it was at last year.

vCash
    I agree with the Hud's has been better then I thought he was this year, but he just doesnt fit well with our system. That being said though him Z and Flipper have had some incredible chemistry and Huds has shown that he is willing to improve on areas like going to the net. If he asks for an increase or long term, I say no. If he wants to take a short term 1-2 years around the same maybe a little less cap hit then why not. As much as I want to see Nyquist with the big boys he can use more development time...who cant?

And also although Howie is looking at a significant raise, I believe his contract will be up when he is 30 and I wouldnt expect a Pekka Rinne contract for him. More in the 4-6 cap hit range

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    I dunno, I can see Cleary being let go before Huds at this point. His play is no where near the capacity it was at last year.
    Yup, give him a 5 year contract and take 4 off sounds about rite. Cleary's mistake was to continue to play with a bum knee, something he should have taken care of months ago and been healthy for playoff. No he'll stay in the roster and look like the invisible man along with certain player's looking like big red pylons standing still while other teams skate rite by them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Yup, give him a 5 year contract and take 4 off sounds about rite. Cleary's mistake was to continue to play with a bum knee, something he should have taken care of months ago and been healthy for playoff. No he'll stay in the roster and look like the invisible man along with certain player's looking like big red pylons standing still while other teams skate rite by them.
    I still say that if Mule and Bert don't get to play on the top line, they don't feel like competing. They've been spoiled as hell playing with Pavs. I'm gonna start calling what ever line these two are on the "stand around line."

vCash
    Dan Cleary is still on pace for just under 40 points on a third line, while battling injuries. That's impressive. Let's not forget, last year, he had 26 goals in 66 games. I want him back. I'd be comfortable with a two year deal, worth a total of five million. He should have taken that surgery, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Dan Cleary is still on pace for just under 40 points on a third line, while battling injuries. That's impressive. Let's not forget, last year, he had 26 goals in 66 games. I want him back. I'd be comfortable with a two year deal, worth a total of five million. He should have taken that surgery, though.
    Don't worry you'll have him back, he's signed until 2012-13 UFA 2013-14 after that they can let him walk, unless he has a break out year next year, which is unlikely due to his current injury. Surgery after this year and a few months to heal should help but the longer he goes w/o surgery the worst it gets and longer it will take to heal properly. By not opting for surgery awhile ago when it was suggested he's flirting with disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Don't worry you'll have him back, he's signed until 2012-13 UFA 2013-14 after that they can let him walk, unless he has a break out year next year, which is unlikely due to his current injury. Surgery after this year and a few months to heal should help but the longer he goes w/o surgery the worst it gets and longer it will take to heal properly. By not opting for surgery awhile ago when it was suggested he's flirting with disaster.
    For some reason, I thought he was expiring this season.

Darren Helm is a RFA this season, though. I hope we re-sign him semi-cheap.

vCash

I think he gets offered the same $$, maybe a smidge more. I'd like to see him stay.

vCash
    I think he gets offered the same $$, maybe a smidge more. I'd like to see him stay.
    I'm looking at; 5 years, 15M.

vCash
    I'm looking at; 5 years, 15M.
    He deserves it IMO, not a huge offensive threat, but his speed and PK abilities are worth it.

vCash
    He deserves it IMO, not a huge offensive threat, but his speed and PK abilities are worth it.
    Agreed. He probably gets more in the open market too. With the cap raises and such, + a hometown discount, I think that's what Helm is worth.

If only Helm had a scoring touch, or could hit one out of four breakaways.

I wish I could find a stat on his breakaway perentages.

vCash

Abs and Q are RFA as well. Helm should come in around 2.5 - 3 mill per season. I could see him getting 4-5 year deal.
    Last edited by wingnut; 03-20-2012 at 12:45 AM.

vCash
    I voted for "Ken Holland lets him walk." I really think he should left.

vCash
    It is just strange to want a guy who scored nearly thirty to just pack his **** and leave lol.

But this team really lacks size up front and where Hudler is at on the depth chart is the best possible area to be replaced. Franzen and Bertuzzi are both big guys but Franzen never plays like a "power forward" and Bertuzzi only does if the game is on NBC haha.

vCash
    I voted for let him walk. I know he put up good #'s this year, but I have to say that the Wings need to get bigger up front. I personally would like to see Holland add a player that would add a little grit to the line up. The Wings have other player that can fill his void. Ny will be a full time player next year without a doubt and Tatar will be a call up player.

What I do find strange is that Holland usually signs the player's he would like to keep before playoffs and I didn't hear anything about Huds contract being renewed at all. Bert was signed for 2 years along with some prospects. Its got to make you think what Holland has up his sleeve.

Free Agents to be:
    Huds ?
    Holmer- possibly retired or let go
    Lids- any one's guess what he'll do?
    Stuart - possibly heading out west
    Conklin- see ya,

Restricted Free Agents
    Abs- ? not as productive as projected to be, but has a good chance on being resigned.
    Helm- will be resigned, team misses him sense his injury, important piece to the puzzle.
    Quincey- resigned

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast