Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Hudler be re-signed this offseason?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ken Holland lets him walk

9 56.25%
  • They agree to terms and Happy Hudler remains with Detroit

7 43.75%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jiri Hudler

vCash
    Im also torn on Hudler. The problem is if we let him go we are not going to get more size because Nyquist and Tatar are coming up to take top six roles soon.

Also im going to say this everyone dont get your hopes up, at all, for Parise. There are 5-10 reasons that could be listed as to why he will not be coming to Detroit. I dont think I have to list them, so lets stop talking about it and get it out of peoples heads now. In reality we will have the same top 6 next year either - Hudler or with him, and then probably Nyquist taking his role and if Nyquist cant cut it Cleary will be back on the second line. I really dont know if or who we will be adding as top 6. We will be adding a top 4 D (Sutter!). I dont know who will be top 6, but certainty not Hudler.

vCash
    Time for Huds to leave. He bailed on us, time to bail on him. IMO he is no more than just an average player. Sucks on the PP, doesn't seem to really be in the game sometimes. Take the money and find someone who wants to put that Red & White on, and plays the game hard. I wouldn't be upset one bit if we got rid of him.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Hudler's on pace for about fifty points. He's doing the dirty work. He's out of position on the PP. I don't see why he's so hated. I for one, want him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Hudler's on pace for about fifty points. He's doing the dirty work. He's out of position on the PP. I don't see why he's so hated. I for one, want him back.
    I'd like to see him resign, he's pretty consistant this year. Let's hope it's not a fluke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    I'd like to see him resign, he's pretty consistant this year. Let's hope it's not a fluke.
    He certainly has. I'm surprised by this "little guy" driving to the net, and getting in these dirty goals. He's battling in these corners which has surprised the hell out of me.

vCash
    He certainly has. I'm surprised by this "little guy" driving to the net, and getting in these dirty goals. He's battling in these corners which has surprised the hell out of me.
    Apparently he actually busted his butt in the offseason to prep for this year and it worked out. I guess that shows he's commited to the team and wants to play for DET. I think he gets resigned quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Apparently he actually busted his butt in the offseason to prep for this year and it worked out. I guess that shows he's commited to the team and wants to play for DET. I think he gets resigned quickly.
    I would have no problem with Huds resigning only if its a 1 year deal and moved to the 3rd line. I honestly feel we need more size in the top 6, someone that can create space for Pav, Z and Flip

vCash
    Hudler on line three is so pointless. But than again, so would it be for Bertuzzi.

vCash
    Hudler on line three is so pointless. But than again, so would it be for Bertuzzi.
    Agreed. Hudler on the third line won't produce much more than a normal third liner would and we would be paying him much more than them.

vCash
    I don't recall Igor Larionov being a pointless 3rd liner nor would I call Huds a pointless 3rd liner. If I recall Huds did real well with limited ice time earlier in his career before bailing out for the KHL, that and I doubt he would be a top 6 forward on any other team in the NHL minus the bottom feeder. In today's NHL you need 3 scoring lines and a solid 4th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I don't recall Igor Larionov being a pointless 3rd liner nor would I call Huds a pointless 3rd liner. If I recall Huds did real well with limited ice time earlier in his career before bailing out for the KHL, that and I doubt he would be a top 6 forward on any other team in the NHL minus the bottom feeder. In today's NHL you need 3 scoring lines and a solid 4th
    I can't believe you just compared Jiri Hudler to Igor Larionov first off. Larionov had a good two-way game too.

Drew Miller - Darren Helm - Jiri Hudler

Assuming Dan Cleary gets moved down, or up. Helm and Miller's complete play is built on speed and a two-way game. Um, Hudler doesn't have either. Their offense is built on throwing shots at the net, rebound, drive, etc. Hudler slows down, and is "creative", something they're not.

He'd be COMPLETELY USELESS on the third, or fourth line.

vCash
    haha I remember a time when Luc Robitaille was on the 4th line with the Wings

That's depth. And obviously in an era with no salary cap.

Anyways, despite me being pleasantly surprised by Hudler's play this year, I say let him walk if he is demanding even a modest increase in pay.

Something just screams Ville Leino here...
    Last edited by StealingSigns; 03-12-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    Robitaille - Larionov - Holmstrom

was our fourth line in 2002. .. That, and the grind line, really.

vCash
    I'd much rather see his roster spot go to someone in GR. Huds has had his time to prove to us he belongs. I'm not saying he is a garbage player, I just don't think he is a fit for us. We have guys in GR that are ready, and I think it's time to let hem shine.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeznWingz View Post
    I'd much rather see his roster spot go to someone in GR. Huds has had his time to prove to us he belongs. I'm not saying he is a garbage player, I just don't think he is a fit for us. We have guys in GR that are ready, and I think it's time to let hem shine.
    This is how I see it as well. I don't think he's been bad this year, but I don't think he's that important to us either. I wouldn't to see him walk so we will be able to make a big run at Suter this offseason and still have enough money to resign players in the future. (Howard will probably get a huge raise)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast