Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Hudler be re-signed this offseason?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ken Holland lets him walk

9 56.25%
  • They agree to terms and Happy Hudler remains with Detroit

7 43.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jiri Hudler

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing Hudler go. We have a ton of forwards knocking at the door and not enough spots for them. I just really hope Holland doesn't sign another vet like Modano this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I voted for let him walk. I know he put up good #'s this year, but I have to say that the Wings need to get bigger up front. I personally would like to see Holland add a player that would add a little grit to the line up. The Wings have other player that can fill his void. Ny will be a full time player next year without a doubt and Tatar will be a call up player.

What I do find strange is that Holland usually signs the player's he would like to keep before playoffs and I didn't hear anything about Huds contract being renewed at all. Bert was signed for 2 years along with some prospects. Its got to make you think what Holland has up his sleeve.

Free Agents to be:
    Huds ?
    Holmer- possibly retired or let go
    Lids- any one's guess what he'll do?
    Stuart - possibly heading out west
    Conklin- see ya,

Restricted Free Agents
    Abs- ? not as productive as projected to be, but has a good chance on being resigned.
    Helm- will be resigned, team misses him sense his injury, important piece to the puzzle.
    Quincey- resigned

I'd like to see Hudler back.
    Homer is either a re-sign, or retire. I think he goes if Lidstrom does.
    Stuart's probably gone out West
    Conklin is a bring back if he decides to play in Grand Rapids and get 5 starts a year in the NHL

I'm biased as I'm not a big Abby fan.
    Helm and Quincey will be back

vCash
    I think Huds is worth keeping around, and let Abs go. We could get a decent 3/4 liner with some him and some draft picks IMO. Conks should really just look for a deal with GR and hope he can get called up.

vCash
    Any body have any good rumour's of Huds being let go or coming back.

vCash
    ^^alls pretty quiet right now. Wait til after the finals and the flood gates will prolly open.

The best thing Huds can do is grow a foot and put on 50 lbs. Then he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

vCash
    If I'm Hudler, I probably want to hit the market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    ^^alls pretty quiet right now. Wait til after the finals and the flood gates will prolly open.

The best thing Huds can do is grow a foot and put on 50 lbs. Then he'd be a force to be reckoned with.
    Absolutely correct there, has the hands to be a dominate scorer, but he gets knocked off the puck to much.

Don't they make platform skates for short people?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    If I'm Hudler, I probably want to hit the market.
    I'm thinking he could demand close to where Leino signed with Buffalo. He would have to take a home town discount to stay with the Wings, that's if they want him back. I thinks the Wings are going to look at the UFA's before committing to their own this year. Well until they know what's up with Lids anyway.

vCash
    Jiri Hudler is not going anywhere anytime soon he's a Detroit Redwing for life probably retires as a Redwing. Jiri Hudler would take a paycut first just to stay as a Detroit Redwing before he would go on any other team in the NHL the man love's that he's a part in the Detroit Redwings organization. If he did go anywhere it would be something like Dynamo Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGambler View Post
    Jiri Hudler is not going anywhere anytime soon he's a Detroit Redwing for life probably retires as a Redwing. Jiri Hudler would take a paycut first just to stay as a Detroit Redwing before he would go on any other team in the NHL the man love's that he's a part in the Detroit Redwings organization. If he did go anywhere it would be something like Dynamo Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL).
    The ? is, do the Wings want him back for the future. The other ? is, does he want to cash in on higher contract for financial reason's He's bolted before for the $$ and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGambler View Post
    Jiri and Holland tell you this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Jiri and Holland tell you this?
    You know it man !! ( Just picture Al Pacino saying this in his Scarface days)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234