Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Hudler be re-signed this offseason?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ken Holland lets him walk

9 56.25%
  • They agree to terms and Happy Hudler remains with Detroit

7 43.75%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiri Hudler

Hybrid View

vCash

Jiri Hudler

I know it isn't the offseason yet but I thought this may be a good discussion now anyway.

The question is where do you stand on Jiri Hudler?

Some may say he has taken his game two a new level hitting the 20 goal mark (probably 25 before seasons end). Others may say he still lacks speed and takes lazy penalties like Tuesday nights effort.

Him being a UFA after this year do you think he will remain with the Red Wings after this season?

vCash
    I'm torn on Hudler. I definitely would not want to pay him more or even at what he is making at this point. If he wants a raise I say let him walk. I think the elevated play of Filpulla this season has helped Hudler, plus he's getting extended time on powerplays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings734 View Post
    I'm torn on Hudler. I definitely would not want to pay him more or even at what he is making at this point. If he wants a raise I say let him walk. I think the elevated play of Filpulla this season has helped Hudler, plus he's getting extended time on powerplays.
    If I were Holland I would let him walk, the team really needs size up front. Holland has stated that size needs to be addressed. Huds is small and lacks the speed. Not that great on the power play, plays the point and pinches to much causing odd man rushes go the other way. With the return of Q, Huds will not be used that often on the point, so he can play down low were he should be effective, time will tell. I'm not Holland so there's really no telling what he's going tho do.
    With that in mind the Wings have some really good prospect that could make the team next year. Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson. I know that Nyquist and Tatar aren't big guys but they have high potential. Nyquist is amazing I can't wait to see him with Wings.

vCash
    If Holland is going to go after Parise in the offseason I would have no problem with letting him walk. He's definitely been better this year but I still think he's pretty expendable. At the same time I guess I wouldn't mind resigning him as long as it's not an overpayment.

vCash
    Keep him, but keep his pay the same. He's producing now, and he's found a line that works. But keep him off the PP forever. Sh-t, put Helmer on the point, so at least if there's a short handed breakaway, he can catch up to the rush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Keep him, but keep his pay the same. He's producing now, and he's found a line that works. But keep him off the PP forever. Sh-t, put Helmer on the point, so at least if there's a short handed breakaway, he can catch up to the rush.
    Honestly, with how much better Helm has gotten at handling the puck and shaking off defenders, I would not at all be suprised to see him start getting more powerplay time in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings734 View Post
    Honestly, with how much better Helm has gotten at handling the puck and shaking off defenders, I would not at all be suprised to see him start getting more powerplay time in the future.
    Helm's a horrible passer, and really lacks offense. Helm will not touch the PP next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Helm's a horrible passer, and really lacks offense. Helm will not touch the PP next season.
    I would not put him into the horrible category. You are right he doesn't have much of a shot, but with how much the wings have struggled just entering the zone on the powerplay, that's where I think Helm is an asset.

I guess its more wishful thinking for right now as opposed to next season. And considering holmstrom still gets five minutes of powerplay time a night, I do not think its too far fetched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    LOL, BranWingss, PSD's ultimate nay sayer. I only mentioned Helm on PP for point man. Huds is letting PK units skate right by him at the blue line. With the PP looking so lack luster, they do need a PKer out there lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    LOL, BranWingss, PSD's ultimate nay sayer. I only mentioned Helm on PP for point man. Huds is letting PK units skate right by him at the blue line. With the PP looking so lack luster, they do need a PKer out there lately.
    Helm would dump it in the corner on a 5 on 3.. .. I've seen him do it a few times, actually. You're right about Jiri Hudler, though. His shot is decent, not the best. He never ****ing shoots. I'd rather Z on the point. Quincey will be taking the second unit over, though.

Lidstrom - White
    Mule - Dats - Homer

Quincey - Kronwall
    Hudler - Z - Filppula

Could probably roll with that, and have Bert in and out.

Darren Helm really needs to work on his passing, and for the love of god, finish a breakaway.

That's when healthy anyway. We're battling some tough injuries right now, which always drags us out of first place.

vCash
    I would not give Huds a raise. If he wants more, let him walk. I agree with the few others that said keep him, and keep him off the powerplay. But, I do agree that he lacks size and speed...

Tough situation. Glad I'm not the GM.

vCash
    I like Hudler but not if he wants more $. Ken will know what to do.

vCash
    Im also torn on Hudler. The problem is if we let him go we are not going to get more size because Nyquist and Tatar are coming up to take top six roles soon.

Also im going to say this everyone dont get your hopes up, at all, for Parise. There are 5-10 reasons that could be listed as to why he will not be coming to Detroit. I dont think I have to list them, so lets stop talking about it and get it out of peoples heads now. In reality we will have the same top 6 next year either - Hudler or with him, and then probably Nyquist taking his role and if Nyquist cant cut it Cleary will be back on the second line. I really dont know if or who we will be adding as top 6. We will be adding a top 4 D (Sutter!). I dont know who will be top 6, but certainty not Hudler.

vCash
    Time for Huds to leave. He bailed on us, time to bail on him. IMO he is no more than just an average player. Sucks on the PP, doesn't seem to really be in the game sometimes. Take the money and find someone who wants to put that Red & White on, and plays the game hard. I wouldn't be upset one bit if we got rid of him.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Hudler's on pace for about fifty points. He's doing the dirty work. He's out of position on the PP. I don't see why he's so hated. I for one, want him back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast