Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will Hudler be re-signed this offseason?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ken Holland lets him walk

    9 56.25%
  • They agree to terms and Happy Hudler remains with Detroit

    7 43.75%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: Jiri Hudler

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,916
    vCash
    1500

    Jiri Hudler

    I know it isn't the offseason yet but I thought this may be a good discussion now anyway.

    The question is where do you stand on Jiri Hudler?

    Some may say he has taken his game two a new level hitting the 20 goal mark (probably 25 before seasons end). Others may say he still lacks speed and takes lazy penalties like Tuesday nights effort.

    Him being a UFA after this year do you think he will remain with the Red Wings after this season?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    I'm torn on Hudler. I definitely would not want to pay him more or even at what he is making at this point. If he wants a raise I say let him walk. I think the elevated play of Filpulla this season has helped Hudler, plus he's getting extended time on powerplays.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    406
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings734 View Post
    I'm torn on Hudler. I definitely would not want to pay him more or even at what he is making at this point. If he wants a raise I say let him walk. I think the elevated play of Filpulla this season has helped Hudler, plus he's getting extended time on powerplays.
    If I were Holland I would let him walk, the team really needs size up front. Holland has stated that size needs to be addressed. Huds is small and lacks the speed. Not that great on the power play, plays the point and pinches to much causing odd man rushes go the other way. With the return of Q, Huds will not be used that often on the point, so he can play down low were he should be effective, time will tell. I'm not Holland so there's really no telling what he's going tho do.
    With that in mind the Wings have some really good prospect that could make the team next year. Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson. I know that Nyquist and Tatar aren't big guys but they have high potential. Nyquist is amazing I can't wait to see him with Wings.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,400
    vCash
    1500
    If Holland is going to go after Parise in the offseason I would have no problem with letting him walk. He's definitely been better this year but I still think he's pretty expendable. At the same time I guess I wouldn't mind resigning him as long as it's not an overpayment.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids MI, (West Hockey Town)
    Posts
    2,249
    vCash
    1500
    Keep him, but keep his pay the same. He's producing now, and he's found a line that works. But keep him off the PP forever. Sh-t, put Helmer on the point, so at least if there's a short handed breakaway, he can catch up to the rush.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Keep him, but keep his pay the same. He's producing now, and he's found a line that works. But keep him off the PP forever. Sh-t, put Helmer on the point, so at least if there's a short handed breakaway, he can catch up to the rush.
    Honestly, with how much better Helm has gotten at handling the puck and shaking off defenders, I would not at all be suprised to see him start getting more powerplay time in the future.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,618
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings734 View Post
    Honestly, with how much better Helm has gotten at handling the puck and shaking off defenders, I would not at all be suprised to see him start getting more powerplay time in the future.
    Helm's a horrible passer, and really lacks offense. Helm will not touch the PP next season.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Helm's a horrible passer, and really lacks offense. Helm will not touch the PP next season.
    I would not put him into the horrible category. You are right he doesn't have much of a shot, but with how much the wings have struggled just entering the zone on the powerplay, that's where I think Helm is an asset.

    I guess its more wishful thinking for right now as opposed to next season. And considering holmstrom still gets five minutes of powerplay time a night, I do not think its too far fetched.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids MI, (West Hockey Town)
    Posts
    2,249
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Helm's a horrible passer, and really lacks offense. Helm will not touch the PP next season.
    LOL, BranWingss, PSD's ultimate nay sayer. I only mentioned Helm on PP for point man. Huds is letting PK units skate right by him at the blue line. With the PP looking so lack luster, they do need a PKer out there lately.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    148
    vCash
    1500
    I would not give Huds a raise. If he wants more, let him walk. I agree with the few others that said keep him, and keep him off the powerplay. But, I do agree that he lacks size and speed...

    Tough situation. Glad I'm not the GM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,162
    vCash
    2000
    I like Hudler but not if he wants more $. Ken will know what to do.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,618
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    LOL, BranWingss, PSD's ultimate nay sayer. I only mentioned Helm on PP for point man. Huds is letting PK units skate right by him at the blue line. With the PP looking so lack luster, they do need a PKer out there lately.
    Helm would dump it in the corner on a 5 on 3.. .. I've seen him do it a few times, actually. You're right about Jiri Hudler, though. His shot is decent, not the best. He never ****ing shoots. I'd rather Z on the point. Quincey will be taking the second unit over, though.


    Lidstrom - White
    Mule - Dats - Homer

    Quincey - Kronwall
    Hudler - Z - Filppula

    Could probably roll with that, and have Bert in and out.

    Darren Helm really needs to work on his passing, and for the love of god, finish a breakaway.

    That's when healthy anyway. We're battling some tough injuries right now, which always drags us out of first place.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids MI, (West Hockey Town)
    Posts
    2,249
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Helm would dump it in the corner on a 5 on 3.. .. I've seen him do it a few times, actually. You're right about Jiri Hudler, though. His shot is decent, not the best. He never ****ing shoots. I'd rather Z on the point. Quincey will be taking the second unit over, though.


    Lidstrom - White
    Mule - Dats - Homer

    Quincey - Kronwall
    Hudler - Z - Filppula

    Could probably roll with that, and have Bert in and out.

    Darren Helm really needs to work on his passing, and for the love of god, finish a breakaway.

    That's when healthy anyway. We're battling some tough injuries right now, which always drags us out of first place.
    LOL, I'm more worried about the breakaways the other teams are getting short handed at this point.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    406
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    LOL, I'm more worried about the breakaways the other teams are getting short handed at this point.
    Whats it like, 8 so far this year, tied 3rd in the league

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,618
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    LOL, I'm more worried about the breakaways the other teams are getting short handed at this point.
    Having two defenseman on each unit should help that. A lot of teams run into that problem with a forward. St. Louis used to run five forwards on their #1 unit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •