Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: On The Radar

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    16,037
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Det4Life View Post
    No thanks. Hearing the train whistles a few times a year is enough....
    lol no kidding

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    406
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    lol no kidding
    Ya, I'd be more inclined to hear a thud every time Shawn Thornton hit some dude.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,740
    vCash
    1500
    I think we will sniff at Parise but I dont think we will make an actual offer. I could see us actually trying for Semin since I dont think Wash will re-sign him but only if he can take a pay cut. Otherwise I think our only big target will be Sutter and I think we will go after him with our space hard whether or not Lids comes back. Thats if he is even on the market. I also think after seeing what we tried to do at the deadline (with Gaustad and Sami) that we are going to look to add some size/grit bottom line player. Other then that re-sign Hudler and Quincey, Stuart will be gone and maybe Nyquist/Tatar make their debut's next year.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,740
    vCash
    1500
    Oh and my choice for bottom six guy to add, Brandon Prust. Drops the gloves and is pretty defensively responsible.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    42
    vCash
    1500
    Free agents I'd like to see us go after are, in no particular order:
    Defense- Suter (Especially if Lids retires)
    Forwards- Semin (I't would be a gamble and it would have to be for quite a bit less than the 6.7 he's making now....he'll be in KHL next yr)
    Parise (big scorer we could use)
    Doan (Dallas Drake type who doesn't have a cup)
    Moen (I like the way he plays)
    David Jones (He's big and can score and it would be fun to get him away from the Avs)
    Gaustad (He's big, responsible and will drop 'em)

    If Holland does want to get bigger but not lose speed I don't see this as being a banner free agent market. I think Doan and Parise (and Suter if Lids retires) would be awesome but Parise will probably get way too much money for Holland's liking and Doan is really loyal to the Coyotes.... but ya never know.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir16 View Post
    Free agents I'd like to see us go after are, in no particular order:
    Defense- Suter (Especially if Lids retires)
    Forwards- Semin (I't would be a gamble and it would have to be for quite a bit less than the 6.7 he's making now....he'll be in KHL next yr)
    Parise (big scorer we could use)
    Doan (Dallas Drake type who doesn't have a cup)
    Moen (I like the way he plays)
    David Jones (He's big and can score and it would be fun to get him away from the Avs)
    Gaustad (He's big, responsible and will drop 'em)

    If Holland does want to get bigger but not lose speed I don't see this as being a banner free agent market. I think Doan and Parise (and Suter if Lids retires) would be awesome but Parise will probably get way too much money for Holland's liking and Doan is really loyal to the Coyotes.... but ya never know.
    Really good... yeah I was gonna ask you guys what you thought of in terms of getting Doan and Suter. Any thoughts. Is Doan a good skater and solid two-way forward? I like the fact that he shoots right. I hope that neither would command too much.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,740
    vCash
    1500
    Doan will command 4-5 mil, Suter 6-7, Semin probably 5+ and Parise 6-7 (if not more). Gaustad, Jones, Moen 1.5-3.

    Doan will stay with the Yotes, especially if they make the playoffs.
    Parise will stay with NJ or sign with a team like Minnesota (where he is from and they have enough cap room to sign 4 of him)
    Semin I would guess wants too much and gets a huge offer from the KHL.
    Suter might stay in Nash, all depends on the playoffs, but I also think he wants a payday and to be on a perennial contender, this is where we come in.
    Moen, Gaustad and Jones arent big name players so they will sign more then likely wherever they get the most money/term

    Honestly I see this off season being like last. We will target a big name like Suter for our D, but I dont see us targeting a big name for forwards. Especially with everyone we have in the AHL that can make the jump.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    I see Doan making something like 5.5M per, over four years. Alexander Semin will be overpaid, based on his potential. I think Suter at least tests the market, and I do think Kenny goes after him, "if" Lidstrom is gone.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    1500
    My personally feelings are that we (the Wings) would do well to add another good forward. In this league now... you want to be ever deep and good to play against every night. Another good forward would help us on that end. As a thought (not written in stone), perhaps a guy like Sammy Pahlsson or Lee Stempniak (if available) would not command too much on the open market , but add some punch to the offense... though I like and would rather have Doan more. A guy like Ryan Suter to me is a "first" and a "must". But for this team to be complete, a good forward is needed. It would be awesome if Parise would take either the same salary or a little bit more and play with the Wings. Are they holding off on re-signing certain players (Stuart- family reason, Hudler, and Holmstrom) for a reason?
    Last edited by RWFan; 03-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    1,996
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I see Doan making something like 5.5M per, over four years. Alexander Semin will be overpaid, based on his potential. I think Suter at least tests the market, and I do think Kenny goes after him, "if" Lidstrom is gone.
    With Stuart heading home to SJ probably. I think getting Suter would be a priority.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    With Stuart heading home to SJ probably. I think getting Suter would be a priority.
    Eh.

    Lidstrom - White
    Kronny - Quincey
    Smith - Ericsson

    is certainly not bad.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,612
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Eh.

    Lidstrom - White
    Kronny - Quincey
    Smith - Ericsson

    is certainly not bad.
    But if Lidstrom left the year after what would be do? Unless Holland is planning to trade for Weber's rights or sign him to an offer sheet, Suter is the way to go imo. I'm actually kind of hoping Stuart leaves so we will have the money to go after Suter. I love Stuart, but this lineup would be just too good.

    Lidstrom - White
    Kronwall - Suter
    Smith/Ericsson - Quincey

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    42
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    But if Lidstrom left the year after what would be do? Unless Holland is planning to trade for Weber's rights or sign him to an offer sheet, Suter is the way to go imo. I'm actually kind of hoping Stuart leaves so we will have the money to go after Suter. I love Stuart, but this lineup would be just too good.

    Lidstrom - White
    Kronwall - Suter
    Smith/Ericsson - Quincey
    Say Stuart does leave (which he prolly will) and we pick up Suter (which is what I hope we do if Stuart splits) which player is expendable? We can send Smith down for one more year but does anybody really want that? Do we try to trade Ericsson? Do we rotate 7 and figure an injury will sort things out? Hows about Kindl? I'm thinking he's gonna be trade bait either way (good size, big upside).
    Sounds like a pretty nice problem to have.
    If Lidstrom retires as well as Stuart leaving we HAVE TO go after Suter really hard. If not....

    Kronwal - White
    Ericsson - Quincy
    Kindl - Smith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •