Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: On The Radar

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    1500

    On The Radar

    More hockey talk. Okay, we past the trade deadline. It was wise not to give up too much in exchange for too little. But who do you think is on the radar this summer 2012?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    1500
    If lindstrom retires I think we should go after sutter or webber from nashville, or both

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by maddenballa15 View Post
    If lindstrom retires I think we should go after sutter or webber from nashville, or both
    I certainly would imagine that would be the key decision. He has to let them know if he is returning... since that would be a role that they need to fill.

    Two questions:

    Which one (Suter or Weber) is more likely in their reach?

    But if Lidstrom returns, what other options should we immediately pursue?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    5,840
    vCash
    1500
    If Lidstrom retires I would like to see us go after Suter. I think we would have a pretty good shot at him if he decides to go to free agency, which it looks like he is going to do. Quincey is a really good replacement for Stuart imo and resigning him and letting Stuart leave would still leave us with a very solid group of defensemen.

    If Lidstrom stays another year I would still like us to go after Suter. I don't see Stuart coming back which means we will have plenty of space to sign Suter. Plus, Lidstrom, Suter, White, Kronwall, Quincey, and Ericsson would be just an amazing group of dmen. If Lidstrom stays and we don't get Suter I would like us to go after Weber next year when he isn't a restricted free agent. That would be assuming he only signs a one year deal though. Maybe even trade for his rights if Nashville believes that he doesn't want to play there and a deal with him most likely won't be reached.

    I'm hoping Smith will be a regular next year. I'm not sure how that could work with Ericsson here. I would really like to see him traded. I know he has a huge contract for a player of his caliber, but I could see a team that needs to reach the cap floor like Colorado maybe taking him.

    If we did trade Ericsson that would give us even more cap space to possible go after a good forward like Semin, Parise, or Selanne. Hudler is also a free agent so if we were to not resign him we would have plenty of cap space. I doubt we land a top forward like I mentioned above with our main concerns at d, but I could definitely see us going after a cheaper forward. Jagr is a free agent and he's been pretty good when playing for Philly. I would love to have him playing with Datsyuk.

    Anyways sorry about such a long post lol. This offseason should be extremely interesting.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    If Lidstrom retires I would like to see us go after Suter. I think we would have a pretty good shot at him if he decides to go to free agency, which it looks like he is going to do. Quincey is a really good replacement for Stuart imo and resigning him and letting Stuart leave would still leave us with a very solid group of defensemen.

    If Lidstrom stays another year I would still like us to go after Suter. I don't see Stuart coming back which means we will have plenty of space to sign Suter. Plus, Lidstrom, Suter, White, Kronwall, Quincey, and Ericsson would be just an amazing group of dmen. If Lidstrom stays and we don't get Suter I would like us to go after Weber next year when he isn't a restricted free agent. That would be assuming he only signs a one year deal though. Maybe even trade for his rights if Nashville believes that he doesn't want to play there and a deal with him most likely won't be reached.

    I'm hoping Smith will be a regular next year. I'm not sure how that could work with Ericsson here. I would really like to see him traded. I know he has a huge contract for a player of his caliber, but I could see a team that needs to reach the cap floor like Colorado maybe taking him.

    If we did trade Ericsson that would give us even more cap space to possible go after a good forward like Semin, Parise, or Selanne. Hudler is also a free agent so if we were to not resign him we would have plenty of cap space. I doubt we land a top forward like I mentioned above with our main concerns at d, but I could definitely see us going after a cheaper forward. Jagr is a free agent and he's been pretty good when playing for Philly. I would love to have him playing with Datsyuk.

    Anyways sorry about such a long post lol. This offseason should be extremely interesting.
    Actually, your input is great. Do you think some of these guys will command or demand high salaries? Or would they rather move to another team (contender) accepting a little increase? What is the trend these days?
    Last edited by RWFan; 03-01-2012 at 11:54 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    1500
    Jagr would be a great pickup if hes not too expensive, I would love to see him and parise here. But I hope we pursue Webber or Suter the most

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,336
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by maddenballa15 View Post
    Jagr would be a great pickup if hes not too expensive, I would love to see him and parise here. But I hope we pursue Webber or Suter the most
    Zach Parise will be greatly overpaid. I'd like Ryan Suter.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,081
    vCash
    2000
    It all really depends on what Lidstrom decides to do. If he calls it a career then they'll go after the best defenseman available. If he returns I think they'll try and bring in some scoring help for later lines.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    406
    vCash
    1500
    I would have to go with Suter on D providing Nik retires. If Nik stays he should take a pay cut so the Wings can pursue Suter for he future.
    On the forward side any one that has size and can chip in 25 or more goals, bangs the body and thinks shute 1st pass 2nd, team has enough players that think pass 1st.

    Shane Doan, could be a Dallas Drake type of guy come playoff time.
    Patrick Sharp, could blend in real well in the top 6
    Thornton, Shawn as 4th line thug, I miss Probert and Kocur, the team needs at-least one.
    Zach Parise, will get over paid, but would be nice.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,336
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I would have to go with Suter on D providing Nik retires. If Nik stays he should take a pay cut so the Wings can pursue Suter for he future.
    On the forward side any one that has size and can chip in 25 or more goals, bangs the body and thinks shute 1st pass 2nd, team has enough players that think pass 1st.

    Shane Doan, could be a Dallas Drake type of guy come playoff time.
    Patrick Sharp, could blend in real well in the top 6
    Thornton, Shawn as 4th line thug, I miss Probert and Kocur, the team needs at-least one.
    Zach Parise, will get over paid, but would be nice.
    Shane Doan would probably hit 70 points here.. I mean, he hits, but him and Dallas Drake are completely different players. Dallas Drake is one of my favourites after just one season with the Wings.

    Patrick Sharp will re-sign, or sign a huge deal in the off-season.

    We don't need Thornton. Pointless.

    Zach is interesting, but he has said he wants to get paid. When a pro-athlete says that, that means they want a huge payday. I'd rather roll with Nyquist, and re-sign Jiri Hudler.

    It's going to suck losing Brad Stuart. Kyle Quincey is his replacement, which really saddens me. I love KQ, but Brad Stuart's a favourite of mine.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    406
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Shane Doan would probably hit 70 points here.. I mean, he hits, but him and Dallas Drake are completely different players. Dallas Drake is one of my favourites after just one season with the Wings.

    Patrick Sharp will re-sign, or sign a huge deal in the off-season.

    We don't need Thornton. Pointless.

    Zach is interesting, but he has said he wants to get paid. When a pro-athlete says that, that means they want a huge payday. I'd rather roll with Nyquist, and re-sign Jiri Hudler.

    It's going to suck losing Brad Stuart. Kyle Quincey is his replacement, which really saddens me. I love KQ, but Brad Stuart's a favourite of mine.
    Drake played 3 seasons for the Wings starting in 1992-1994 then was traded for Bob Essensa and defenceman Sergei Bautin . Bad trade if you ask me, one of the Wings worst moves. And we all know he finished his career with the wings.
    Drake started his career and ended his career with the Wings.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,336
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Drake played 3 seasons for the Wings starting in 1992-1994 then was traded for Bob Essensa and defenceman Sergei Bautin . Bad trade if you ask me, one of the Wings worst moves. And we all know he finished his career with the wings.
    Drake started his career and ended his career with the Wings.
    I know he played for the Wings in the 90s, but I wasn't really alive when he played.. I was a fan of his in St. Louis, but fell in love with him in Detroit.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    1500
    I do hope that salary is not the issue with some of the players mentioned. IMO, some of that is a sad reflection in terms of love for the game, perhaps playing for a contender, etc.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,336
    vCash
    1000
    I know I'm the guy who doesn't want another fourth liner, but I really do want Jordan Tootoo.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I know I'm the guy who doesn't want another fourth liner, but I really do want Jordan Tootoo.
    No thanks. Hearing the train whistles a few times a year is enough....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •