Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

MLB CBA documents released

(a) For a Club that has an Actual Club Payroll above the Tax
    Threshold in the 2012 Contract Year, the applicable Competitive
    Balance Tax rate shall be:
    (i) 20% if the Club did not exceed the Tax Threshold in the 2011 Contract Year;
    (ii) 30% if the Club’s Competitive Balance Tax rate in the 2011 Contract Year was 22.5%;
    (iii) 40% if the Club’s Competitive Balance Tax rate in the 2011 Contract Year was 30%; and
    (iv) 42.5% if the Club’s Competitive Balance Tax rate in the 2011 Contract Year was 40%.
    (b) For a Club that has an Actual Club Payroll above the Tax
    Threshold in the 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016 Contract Year, the applicable Competitive Balance Tax rate shall be:
    (i) 17.5% if the Club did not exceed the Tax Threshold in the preceding Contract Year;
    (ii) 30% if the Club’s Competitive Balance Tax rate in the preceding Contract Year was 17.5% or 20%;
    (iii) 40% if the Club’s Competitive Balance Tax rate in the preceding Contract Year was 30%; and
    (iv) 50% if the Club’s Competitive Balance Tax rate in the preceding Contract Year was 40, 42.5%, or 50%.
    http://bizofbaseball.com/index.php?o...news&Itemid=42

oh.

So did I read the interleague section right? Unless your division is playing your "rivals" division in the other league. The most you'll play your rival is 1 series? Dodgers always play the Angels like 6 times each year. Might not be bad right now but for years the Angels were always one of the better teams while the Giants get stuck witht he A's 6 times.