Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 452
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,287
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    ok, just take it easy over here guy! I'm still pissed about this trade...Aulie is a legit future NHL guy, imo only reason he got traded and wasn't playing is because of wilson
    We have defensive depth. Aulie will be solid but has zero offensive upside. That's the same reason I don't like Schenn that much either, the roster spots for stay at home defenseman have decreased incredibly. Think of the Canucks last year, all their defenseman have two way games, even the Bruins who won the cup. Aulie I do think will be solid but his ceiling is already set, and what we were seeing from Aulie today is what we're gona see from Aulie in years to come.

    What this franchise lacks is top notch talent. We only have Kadri and Colborne top notch, and adding Ashton gives us a power forward spec with a VERY high ceiling. It makes so much sense from our team's perspective.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St Catharines
    Posts
    3,593
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    ok, just take it easy over here guy! I'm still pissed about this trade...Aulie is a legit future NHL guy, imo only reason he got traded and wasn't playing is because of wilson
    i dont think that was the case at all...I think gardiner has outplayed him..gardiner has outplayed all of the defenseman this season..liles just got a new deal done at a discount..phaneuf is locked down with schenn getting 5 more years and than you have gunnar who has improved this season, komisarek and franson..just to many guys that are nhl ready..if you turned around would you deal gunnarson or franson for carter ashton?..because imo those are the only 2 other guys then aulie who would have been available for a player who hasn't proven anything at the nhl level yet.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. RaPz--Le@F View Post
    We have defensive depth. Aulie will be solid but has zero offensive upside. That's the same reason I don't like Schenn that much either, the roster spots for stay at home defenseman have decreased incredibly. Think of the Canucks last year, all their defenseman have two way games, even the Bruins who won the cup. Aulie I do think will be solid but his ceiling is already set, and what we were seeing from Aulie today is what we're gona see from Aulie in years to come.

    What this franchise lacks is top notch talent. We only have Kadri and Colborne top notch, and adding Ashton gives us a power forward spec with a VERY high ceiling. It makes so much sense from our team's perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramz.n View Post
    i dont think that was the case at all...I think gardiner has outplayed him..gardiner has outplayed all of the defenseman this season..liles just got a new deal done at a discount..phaneuf is locked down with schenn getting 5 more years and than you have gunnar who has improved this season, komisarek and franson..just to many guys that are nhl ready..if you turned around would you deal gunnarson or franson for carter ashton?..because imo those are the only 2 other guys then aulie who would have been available for a player who hasn't proven anything at the nhl level yet.
    I honestly hope you guys are right, I just don't see Carter Ashton's potential being that high...but now we got him and lets hope he turns out to be a top 6 guy


    Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pickering
    Posts
    9,972
    vCash
    1500
    another trade...more trades than before the deadline

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,302
    vCash
    1500
    Awesome! We got Mark Fraser! Perfect for our playoff push!

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    620
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Awesome! We got Mark Fraser! Perfect for our playoff push!
    Damn right! Definitely the guy we needed to put us over the top! Start planning the parade
    Last edited by King Rick; 02-27-2012 at 04:11 PM.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,779
    vCash
    1500
    This day is almost always disappointing.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pickering
    Posts
    9,972
    vCash
    1500
    looks like no more trades

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,041
    vCash
    1500
    scott howson's press conference = huge fail


    Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where ever the battle is
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    This day is almost always disappointing.
    The last really good one was 08 when Hossa, Brad Richars and Brian Campbell were dealt. Today the biggest name was......Hodgson?

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where ever the battle is
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    scott howson's press conference = huge fail
    He looks like a "dead man walking". No way he makes it to July 1st.

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,373
    vCash
    3890
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    ok, just take it easy over here guy! I'm still pissed about this trade...Aulie is a legit future NHL guy, imo only reason he got traded and wasn't playing is because of wilson
    I'd rather keep Gardiner, Franson, and even Shenn over a guy like Aulie. Don't get me wrong - I think Aulie's ceiling is set to be a big, scrappy, physical defensive player. However, I (and others as well) just don't like what he has to offer offensively. The Leafs had great depth in the defensive department leading Aulie to be expendable. I like this move, and I hope Ashton does pan out to be a Joe Thronton type.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    He looks like a "dead man walking". No way he makes it to July 1st.
    I just found the point he was trying to make really funny how they want to make a playoff push in the coming years and they have a competitive culture


    Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where ever the battle is
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    I'd rather keep Gardiner, Franson, and even Shenn over a guy like Aulie. Don't get me wrong - I think Aulie's ceiling is set to be a big, scrappy, physical defensive player. However, I (and others as well) just don't like what he has to offer offensively. The Leafs had great depth in the defensive department leading Aulie to be expendable. I like this move, and I hope Ashton does pan out to be a Joe Thronton type.
    Oh you mean an MVP, Canadian Olympian, and perenial assists leader? I would like that move too. But I think that might be a stretch for this kid. I hope you're right though.

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,227
    vCash
    1500
    Carter Ashton was a solid trade. That's that. Anyone who says differently should listen closely to why Burke made that deal.

    Korbinian Holzer of the Marlies is apparently close to playing with the Leafs and is moving up the charts. That is one main reason for the deal.

    Aulie may turn into a solid NHL d man, but again he's replaceable. A big body shutdown guy. We have enough of them, and now that Schenn wasn't moved in a big deal, not saying he won't be in the summer, Aulie was deemed replaceable.


    As for the biggest trade of the day, I hate when Buffalo gets these deals. Hodgson is and will be good for them, and Kassian will probably be good on Vancouver. Of all the Canadian teams I am happy the Flames shat the bed, and that the Nucks did a good job getting dept.


    Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •