Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's tennis

vCash

Women's tennis

I can honestly say that I haven't been watching women's tennis for nearly 10 years now. All of the shrieking on every single stroke is just so annoying that I can't stand to watch it. Something needs to be done to rectify that.

vCash
    Yeah it's incredibly annoying. I don't get how some of the screaming is allowed, its pretty clearly trying to 1 up there opponent most of the time.

vCash
    yeah vika and masha are really notorious for that

still though, theyre hot, so they get a free pass

vCash
    Sharapova screams way too loud.

I don't mind watching women's tennis with the exception of the Williams sisters.

I watch less than men's tennis though.

vCash
    Venus is okay, but god i hate serena

vCash
    i cant watch womens tennis. i only watch the odd important matches or when some hot player is on court.

vCash
    Its been awfull lately.
    Current girls on the wta are not on the level that B J King, Navratilova, Graff, Seles, Sanchez Vicario, Hingis or even Capriati had.

vCash
    I usually watch only the important ones now for Womens. It has gotten too much.

vCash
    But they get equal pay outside Wimbledon. I think the men should demand that they only play best of three in majors. Why should they be forced to play twice the amount of time for equal pay with women?

I love how women try to justify their position of equal pay claiming they have a better quality product. There are more sets tanked at 6-1 or 6-0 because they don't have the fortitude to grind out sets competitively. They don't place their serve strategically. They are limited athletically. They shriek like banshees. They can't volley although the same can almost be said for the men. It's a game of jackrabbits exclusively hitting from the baseline until an error is made. Mind-numbing.

I don't understand how or why someone would claim that women have a better "quality" of tennis played. Do they really get better ratings? God bless them if they truly do but I can't believe that. I just can't watch them for more than 3 minutes. Just being honest.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 07-03-2013 at 07:20 AM.

vCash
    I agree with you somewhat. Gilles Simon said the same thing a while back and he was crucified a lot including Maria Sharapova. my suggestion is to pay men and women on the amount of revenue they generate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I agree with you somewhat. Gilles Simon said the same thing a while back and he was crucified a lot including Maria Sharapova. my suggestion is to pay men and women on the amount of revenue they generate.
    That seems to be the women's angle/argument for equal pay here as they claim women are getting the ratings and drawing more revenue than the men. If this is true, maybe it's because the casual ADD viewer cannot hang in there for a 5-setter for the men. Or maybe other reasons are in play but to me, it doesn't pass the eyeball test. I've been watching tennis for many years and the comparisons aren't even close. The women are absolutely unwatchable. I don't believe those claims. I've only attended one major (US Open) and didn't see this.

vCash
    I beg to differ with you all.

The grunting and groaning and screeching doesn't bother me.

I only watch the woman's game start to finish. I haven't watched a men's match for more than a 2 hours at a time in years.

The woman's game is far more compelling than the power game the men's game has evolved into although the woman's game isn't far behind.

Woman's tennis is great. It lasts little more than an hours so the time investment to a completed sporting event is minimal. The tennis is good, at least in my view. The woman are nice to look at, actually some of the finest specimens in the world. What's not to like?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    I don't care about the screaming. I do find Serena's presence awful. She is unwatchable, dominate, obnoxious, and if that weren't enough she is always talked about by the female announcers even if she isn't playing in the match you're watching. Having her go out in the round of 16 made the whole tournament better

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    That seems to be the women's angle/argument for equal pay here as they claim women are getting the ratings and drawing more revenue than the men. If this is true, maybe it's because the casual ADD viewer cannot hang in there for a 5-setter for the men. Or maybe other reasons are in play but to me, it doesn't pass the eyeball test. I've been watching tennis for many years and the comparisons aren't even close. The women are absolutely unwatchable. I don't believe those claims. I've only attended one major (US Open) and didn't see this.
    I am pretty sure if we get ratings and also attendance from ATP and WTA events it wouldnt even be close. So i dont think the women have any argument.

vCash
    It's easier for me to watch two random women than it is to watch two random men. But if we're talking a men's match between any of the big four against each other (or even some of the 2nd tier guys), I'll take that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast