Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Why is Windows 8 getting such a bad rep?

i admit. i was reluctant to buy a new PC, and was actually thinking about buying a Mac, because of all the bad reviews Windows 8 got. but i was forced to use it because my sister gave me a new laptop as a Christmas gift. and to be honest, i LOVE Windows 8. is it a little confusing confusing when i first got it? yes...as is anything new and unfamiliar. but once i figured it out, my experience with Windows 8 is better than my experience with any other Windows before it.

and I have never had a PC that booted of this fast before. windows 8 literally boots right up as soon as you press the power button. there's no loading screen or anything. it literally goes straight to the login screen.

and windows 8 gives you a lot more ways to customize and personalize it than any windows before it. when i first got it, it took me more than an hour to set up not because it really takes that long to set up but because of all the different ways you can customize it.

"Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

vCash
    I hope I can find a cheap upgrade somewhere.

My dad is buying his girl a laptop for christmas. I only looked for pc's with win 8 installed. Haven't messed with it yet, but it looks pretty awesome.

Win 7 IMO was awesome. On XP levels.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Besides the fanboydom of Apple users is ridiculous. No matter what Windows does, they'll always feel Mac is superior, when in reality, it isn't.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

vCash
    I have always been tempted to use windows 8 but the deal breaker for me is that I cant multi task one app takes up the whole screen I like seening 3 programs on one screen.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I have always been tempted to use windows 8 but the deal breaker for me is that I cant multi task one app takes up the whole screen I like seening 3 programs on one screen.
    you can go back to classic windows with one click..... the windows 8 theme, is just that a theme.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

vCash
    Because people don't like change.

I personally haven't tried win 8 and i've already decided to install win 7 if I do get one. There is something about windows that you don't want to change. I want every path to be the same so I don't have to waste my time clicking and clicking trying to find that one thing. It was hard for me to move on from XP a while back. I then got used to win7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    that's not true. i'm using Windows 8 right now, and i'm using Google Chrome and Skype app at the same time. at the moment, i am typing this post while video chatting at the same time. also with Windows 8, you can adjust how much of the screen each app takes up. so if you're going to buy something with windows 8, i suggest you to buy something with as big of a screen as possible.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 12-18-2012 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Because people don't like change.

I personally haven't tried win 8 and i've already decided to install win 7 if I do get one. There is something about windows that you don't want to change. I want every path to be the same so I don't have to waste my time clicking and clicking trying to find that one thing. It was hard for me to move on from XP a while back. I then got used to win7.
    you can choose between classic windows and new UII windows. instead of the old pop up menu when you press "start," start in windows 8 takes you to the new windows and its there were all your programs and apps are at. i switch between the two because there are some things that i prefer to do on classic windows and some things i prefer to do on the new windows.

vCash
    Honestly because its not Windows 7. Win7 has been such a massive success, both home and corporate, that Win8 can only go downhill if it doesn't knock the ball out of the park.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I don't like the interface at all. I just don't see what the benefit of windows 8 is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I don't like the interface at all. I just don't see what the benefit of windows 8 is.
    Agree.

I hate the tiles thing.

I'll probably be going to Mac when I need a new computer.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Agree.

I hate the tiles thing.

I'll probably be going to Mac when I need a new computer.
    Microsoft is betting the farm on touch screen computers taking off but they are probably going to lose that bet. The novelty of them as warn off and (this is purely my opinion) no one wants a touch screen bigger than a tablet. People don't get desktops because they want to be able to touch the screen to manipulate things.

So the RT version of Win8 will have a much better chance of succeeding for that reason than the full version of Win8.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Microsoft is betting the farm on touch screen computers taking off but they are probably going to lose that bet. The novelty of them as warn off and (this is purely my opinion) no one wants a touch screen bigger than a tablet. People don't get desktops because they want to be able to touch the screen to manipulate things.

So the RT version of Win8 will have a much better chance of succeeding for that reason than the full version of Win8.
    I actually own a tablet PC from my days as an engineering major (was required), and I NEVER use the tablet feature of it. It's just not convenient.

vCash
    Looks kind of interesting, but also seems like there will be a learning curve for it.

Also I feel that it would be a good idea for a phone/tablet but not to sure how it would translate to an actual computer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I actually own a tablet PC from my days as an engineering major (was required), and I NEVER use the tablet feature of it. It's just not convenient.
    Well tablets have limitations and I would imagine engineering would probably expose it greatly since (I will admit I speak from ignorance) tablets have always been known to have a weak processor. Even now they have something like 1.X GHz as opposed to a laptop/desktop that has roughly twice that processor speed.

I have only ever seen one real application for tablet PCs in my brief experience and that is professions that require someone to give a presentation. One of my teachers in high school used hers to run the class and solicit feedback from the students in class. We also have a couple people at work who do presentations for clients and they use them to be able to walk around the room and give a presentation while engaging the audience at the same time. But short of that, I haven't seen much application use for the tablets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast