Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,037
    vCash
    1500

    Why is Windows 8 getting such a bad rep?

    i admit. i was reluctant to buy a new PC, and was actually thinking about buying a Mac, because of all the bad reviews Windows 8 got. but i was forced to use it because my sister gave me a new laptop as a Christmas gift. and to be honest, i LOVE Windows 8. is it a little confusing confusing when i first got it? yes...as is anything new and unfamiliar. but once i figured it out, my experience with Windows 8 is better than my experience with any other Windows before it.

    and I have never had a PC that booted of this fast before. windows 8 literally boots right up as soon as you press the power button. there's no loading screen or anything. it literally goes straight to the login screen.

    and windows 8 gives you a lot more ways to customize and personalize it than any windows before it. when i first got it, it took me more than an hour to set up not because it really takes that long to set up but because of all the different ways you can customize it.


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South West Philly
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    I hope I can find a cheap upgrade somewhere.

    My dad is buying his girl a laptop for christmas. I only looked for pc's with win 8 installed. Haven't messed with it yet, but it looks pretty awesome.

    Win 7 IMO was awesome. On XP levels.
    [CENTER]

    "I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

    newjawn.com-medicinal music

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South West Philly
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    Besides the fanboydom of Apple users is ridiculous. No matter what Windows does, they'll always feel Mac is superior, when in reality, it isn't.
    [CENTER]

    "I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

    newjawn.com-medicinal music

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,570
    vCash
    1500
    I have always been tempted to use windows 8 but the deal breaker for me is that I cant multi task one app takes up the whole screen I like seening 3 programs on one screen.


    Introducing the Eagles O-Line

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South West Philly
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I have always been tempted to use windows 8 but the deal breaker for me is that I cant multi task one app takes up the whole screen I like seening 3 programs on one screen.
    you can go back to classic windows with one click..... the windows 8 theme, is just that a theme.
    [CENTER]

    "I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

    newjawn.com-medicinal music

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,467
    vCash
    1500
    Because people don't like change.

    I personally haven't tried win 8 and i've already decided to install win 7 if I do get one. There is something about windows that you don't want to change. I want every path to be the same so I don't have to waste my time clicking and clicking trying to find that one thing. It was hard for me to move on from XP a while back. I then got used to win7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    ^ESPN and PSD Agrees

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,037
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I have always been tempted to use windows 8 but the deal breaker for me is that I cant multi task one app takes up the whole screen I like seening 3 programs on one screen.
    that's not true. i'm using Windows 8 right now, and i'm using Google Chrome and Skype app at the same time. at the moment, i am typing this post while video chatting at the same time. also with Windows 8, you can adjust how much of the screen each app takes up. so if you're going to buy something with windows 8, i suggest you to buy something with as big of a screen as possible.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 12-18-2012 at 06:37 PM.


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,037
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Because people don't like change.

    I personally haven't tried win 8 and i've already decided to install win 7 if I do get one. There is something about windows that you don't want to change. I want every path to be the same so I don't have to waste my time clicking and clicking trying to find that one thing. It was hard for me to move on from XP a while back. I then got used to win7.
    you can choose between classic windows and new UII windows. instead of the old pop up menu when you press "start," start in windows 8 takes you to the new windows and its there were all your programs and apps are at. i switch between the two because there are some things that i prefer to do on classic windows and some things i prefer to do on the new windows.


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,770
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly because its not Windows 7. Win7 has been such a massive success, both home and corporate, that Win8 can only go downhill if it doesn't knock the ball out of the park.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,560
    vCash
    1500
    I don't like the interface at all. I just don't see what the benefit of windows 8 is.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    33,512
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I don't like the interface at all. I just don't see what the benefit of windows 8 is.
    Agree.

    I hate the tiles thing.

    I'll probably be going to Mac when I need a new computer.
    I'm In.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,770
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Agree.

    I hate the tiles thing.

    I'll probably be going to Mac when I need a new computer.
    Microsoft is betting the farm on touch screen computers taking off but they are probably going to lose that bet. The novelty of them as warn off and (this is purely my opinion) no one wants a touch screen bigger than a tablet. People don't get desktops because they want to be able to touch the screen to manipulate things.

    So the RT version of Win8 will have a much better chance of succeeding for that reason than the full version of Win8.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,560
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Microsoft is betting the farm on touch screen computers taking off but they are probably going to lose that bet. The novelty of them as warn off and (this is purely my opinion) no one wants a touch screen bigger than a tablet. People don't get desktops because they want to be able to touch the screen to manipulate things.

    So the RT version of Win8 will have a much better chance of succeeding for that reason than the full version of Win8.
    I actually own a tablet PC from my days as an engineering major (was required), and I NEVER use the tablet feature of it. It's just not convenient.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,832
    vCash
    500
    Looks kind of interesting, but also seems like there will be a learning curve for it.

    Also I feel that it would be a good idea for a phone/tablet but not to sure how it would translate to an actual computer.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,770
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I actually own a tablet PC from my days as an engineering major (was required), and I NEVER use the tablet feature of it. It's just not convenient.
    Well tablets have limitations and I would imagine engineering would probably expose it greatly since (I will admit I speak from ignorance) tablets have always been known to have a weak processor. Even now they have something like 1.X GHz as opposed to a laptop/desktop that has roughly twice that processor speed.

    I have only ever seen one real application for tablet PCs in my brief experience and that is professions that require someone to give a presentation. One of my teachers in high school used hers to run the class and solicit feedback from the students in class. We also have a couple people at work who do presentations for clients and they use them to be able to walk around the room and give a presentation while engaging the audience at the same time. But short of that, I haven't seen much application use for the tablets.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •