Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    jaguarsinsider ‏ @jaguarsinsider Several players received contracts in offseason and all were in building early: Dwight Lowery, Jeremy Mincey, Aaron Ross, Laurent Robinson
    Gabbert and Henne also were there very early, first guy to arrive was Spencer Lanning, who I personally like, and think he could beat out Harris maybe...2nd string punter currently.

vCash
    im thinking we will sign shawn powell from fsu. dudes an animal at punting will be a UDFA i would assume. drafting punters is stupid

vCash
    I agree pending on how good the guy really is, some are worth 7th round picks. As for Powell, I don't know anything about him. Don't pay much attention to punters in college really.

vCash
    only reason i know is because im a huge noles fan and have season tickets. haha

hes a beast booms it 60 yards when needed and can get it inside 10 everytime when needed.

vCash
    Sounds like a hell of a punter to me lol. Definitely could use an upgrade, although Harris isn't too bad, and I like the 2nd string punter we have.

vCash
    Greene, Bolen and Potter signed free agent tenders this afternoon.

Link

All three are quality role players with potential to have a nice impact down the road. I really like Greene and was not happy it seemed he was going to walk.

Forty-Nine Tackles | Two Forced Fumbles | One Sack

"The lion never roars after the kill. That's who We are! We got work to do!"
    - Gus Bradley

vCash
    Jaguars receivers coach Jerry Sullivan is tough and demanding. Anal, as receiver Mike Thomas put it.

Thomas figures that's just what the Jaguars receiving corps needs.

"When Coach Monk was here the demand was pretty high up the pedestal," Thomas said, referring to Todd Monken, the former Jaguars receivers coach who left to become Oklahoma State's offensive coordinator before last season. "Then, as you all know, I think the level of play kind of dropped from the wide receiver position last year. Different coaches do things different ways. You all react to it and everybody reacts to it differently. We will see how the Coach Sullivan era goes. I think it will be good. I really do."

Somewhat hamstrung by the ability to only give one-year contracts, former Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio had to shuffle from within for a receivers coach last season after losing two offensive assistants during the 2011 offseason.

The receivers struggled under Johnny Cox last year, who was new to the role. He remained the receivers coach until former owner Wayne Weaver fired Del Rio and Mel Tucker became interim head coach. One of Tucker's first moves was firing Cox.

"Monken was anal," Thomas said. "We are all grown men. We have families and a lot of us have mortgages and bills just like the next man or next woman. You have to be anal in this business to get your point across and get what you really need out of guys to win.”

And how will he respond?

“There’s only one way to respond to it. You either respond to it or you go in the tank. Everybody knows what happens if you go in the tank in this league. You will be replaced. I think there is no other way to respond to it and go into it with that open mind and hope that you can get it right for him.”
    http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog...t-being-pushed

Tyson Alualu didn't provide a timetable for his return from offseason surgery to clean out his knee, but said he has been off crutches for 10 days.

"I’m just excited and looking forward to a great season with two healthy knees," Alualu said.

That hasn't happened for the third-year defensive tackle since he's been in the NFL. Alualu injured his knee during a preseason game his rookie year. He played through the injury, which started as an injury to his PCL, all season.

Last offseason, Alualu opted not to have surgery on the knee and instead hoped time off would alleviate his problem.

"I felt like from talking to the trainers and having the rest during the offseason, we felt that it would help it to heal and get better and try and be a hundred percent for my second year," Alualu said. "It kind of still stuck around and we went ahead with the decision of getting it better by cleaning it out."

Alualu walked without a limp and was going through the strength workout today.

"It’s the offseason and I’m kind of taking things slow so that I can come back a full a hundred percent by the time the season comes," Alualu said.
    http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog...laying-healthy

vCash
    Sounds like Mike Wallace might be available via the trade route, like I mentioned in the past. Will the Jags bite? How much would he be worth? Second round pick? Second this year and next year?

vCash
    I would consider it. You can't find guys like him often, he is a hell of a player.

vCash
    With Robinson signed, I don't think the team would be as interested in Wallace. But if his contract demands become more reasonable, and Pitt doesn't want an arm and a leg, he would be a nice pickup.

vCash
    laurent is the same player as wallace no need

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    laurent is the same player as wallace no need
    Uh, not quite.

Every team in football could use Wallace - no exceptions.

The reason we don't seem to have much interest is because of the value of the 7th pick along with paying the guy like the top 5 receiver that he is. It's hard to justify a $70 million+ contract and the 7th pick tied up in a player who isn't a franchise quarterback.

If it was just the case of the caliber of player we are likely to get at 7 and Mike Wallace, it't be a no-brainer to go with Wallace. And while I agree L-Ro and Wallace play a similar role and have a similar skill-set, they are nowhere near equal at this point in their careers.

I don't think there is much of a chance Wallace is a Steeler next season, but that's mainly because there a a couple of receiver-needy teams at the end of the first round who could justify the price + the pick.

- Gus Bradley

vCash
    patriots im extremely surprised they havent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    patriots im extremely surprised they havent
    I think it'll happen either during draft weekend or the two or three days prior to the draft. I'm sure he's negotiated with multiple teams, but there's no need to ink a deal immediately. But, as we all know, the pressure of the draft or any other deadline for that matter, speeds up the process.

- Gus Bradley

vCash
    Yeah, more likely closer to the draft.

Also guys, just so everyone knows, this is also the thread where you can discuss how guys are looking in the off-season and what's all happening regarding the team in the off-season incase you guys didn't know. This isn't just the FA thread.

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast