Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pineda.

vCash

Pineda.

Reported 10 lbs over weight. Cashman and Girardi said he will not be the number two.

I'm not sure also can take another Fat Fake Ace.

How frkn hard is it to be in shape as a professional athlete?

Arghhh.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    The rest of the Yankees are to blame, not Pineda himself.

They should be cutting both CC and Pineda in the buffet line every chance they get.

vCash
    10 pounds isn't that bad, especially going into camp wher ehe can work it down. non-issue
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Moo?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Weight is more important for an older guy, like CC. Paneda will lose 5-10 during March. Does Penada have a killer attitude? That's what I want to know. I want pissed off and mean pitchers... Nasty MFrs. enough of the Mr. Nice Guy Yankees.

vCash
    Porka posting in this thread is ironically funny.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    10 pounds isn't that bad, especially going into camp wher ehe can work it down. non-issue
    agree..This is a non-issue..Now if it was CC, then yea we might have a problem but I heard CC came back lighter..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Cash Cow Sabathia and Miguel Porketa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Reported 10 lbs over weight. Cashman and Girardi said he will not be the number two.

I'm not sure also can take another Fat Fake Ace.

How frkn hard is it to be in shape as a professional athlete?

Arghhh.
    I dont understand how normal people like myself can put in the time to go the gym and keep myself inshape but these athletes cant. I just dont get it. How can you be an athlete and be a fat ****??? Arent you embarassed?? What excuse do you have when you play a sport for a living??

One thing I would put in all of the collective bargaining agreements in every sports is players being in shape. Players like CC and eddy Curry should be fined by the % of body fat they have.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I dont understand how normal people like myself can put in the time to go the gym and keep myself inshape but these athletes cant. I just dont get it. How can you be an athlete and be a fat ****??? Arent you embarassed?? What excuse do you have when you play a sport for a living??

One thing I would put in all of the collective bargaining agreements in every sports is players being in shape. Players like CC and eddy Curry should be fined by the % of body fat they have.
    In Theory, I agree with this, but in practice it would never work. David Wells was fat, but he won 20 games. If you were to penalize him for his weight, you'd have to inflate his contract further to cover it or else another team would do so. If the player or pitcher is good enough, there's nothing you can do. Looking back over the years at other superstars, Frank Thomas, Kirby Puckett and Tony Gwynn come to mind.

vCash
    This is interesting coming in overweight and not being penalized for it. Especially since it deals with performance in your job. For instance I work at a place where you get measuerd for height and weight and if your are over that standard you get taped around your neck and waist. This way the guys that are body builders and have 2% body fat but are over there weight limit don't get penalized for this(it makes sense). Say that you fail your standard and your taping you are now penalized and it turns out to that you can't get a promotion, you do not receive any bonus money, you will not be given another contract when yours expires, and if you continue to not make this standard you will be fired. Its a tuff business but the work is based on performance and being physically fit which is important. When it comes to athelets they should be held to a high standard and I am not saying to let these guys get fired but these teams have state of the art workout facilities and nutritionist which would help out the employees. Also the teams should look out for there investments. If anything put some type of strict penalities for these players that show up over weight and it doesn't have to be money (some players make money to burn and may say eff it). Have them do extra work at the field and really get after them until they drop to a standard that the team sets for them. Just sayin....
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    In Theory, I agree with this, but in practice it would never work. David Wells was fat, but he won 20 games. If you were to penalize him for his weight, you'd have to inflate his contract further to cover it or else another team would do so. If the player or pitcher is good enough, there's nothing you can do. Looking back over the years at other superstars, Frank Thomas, Kirby Puckett and Tony Gwynn come to mind.
    Are you really trying to make the argument that being in shape doesn't matter? The guys you listed are the exception, not the rule, look what being overweight did to joba and hughes (one bad season away from being shipped out of here) its atrocious that these people get paid so much freaking money and come back out of shape. As an athlete, your body is the tool to your profession-its like an accountant not knowing the tax code or an attorney not knowing the law, id fine 10k for every pound a player is overweight.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post

Yes thats true. But it's embarassing for the whole sport when a guy runs to first base like a cow and pulls a hamstring. Pitchers can get away with being over weight because all they do is throw the ball. But thats not all they do, they should be able to feild the ball, run to first base without risking your season.

These guys have the best trainers, hight teck equipment to workout, they receive healthy meals, and if you make enough money like most of them do they can hire Chefs to cook healthy meals for them. Baseball players are hilarious, they drink beer during games, their guts are hanging out.

vCash
    Years ago (many) spring training was the time and place players got in shape. That time is well past. No excuse coming to spring out of shape. Off season training programs, personal trainers, in home gyms ect. all at players disposal. It's not only a question of the money being paid but professionalism and pride. You are an elite athlete, fortunate to be the 1 in 10K to make it to ML, respect yourself and the game!

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Are you really trying to make the argument that being in shape doesn't matter? The guys you listed are the exception, not the rule, look what being overweight did to joba and hughes (one bad season away from being shipped out of here) its atrocious that these people get paid so much freaking money and come back out of shape. As an athlete, your body is the tool to your profession-its like an accountant not knowing the tax code or an attorney not knowing the law, id fine 10k for every pound a player is overweight.
    Noone says that being in shape doesn't matter, only that it is hard to police it. To do so without medical harm, you need year round monitoring and non guaranteed contracts, where players could be cut for egregious weight gain. Short of that, it could be dangerous to police it too severely.

CC Sabathia weighs 290 pounds. He has never been much less than that. He started in the league that way and has been that way ever since. Should we deny him a payday or a team from acquiring his services because some height, weight table states that he should be 250 lbs? Even so, if we fine him 10,000 per lb X 40 lbs, that would be $400 K. Other than pissing him off, would it really be a strong enough incentive to pitch at a lighter weight. Plus how do we know whether he will become dehydrated on the mound in 100 degree weather in Texas in August and either cramp up causing a serious injury or faint or drop dead. Compare CC to Phil Hughes who went on a diet and weight training regimen all winter and is supposedly in the best shape of his life and is 240 lbs. Should Hughes give up all the muscle to be 180 lbs? How many attorneys will it take to argue whether someone is in baseball shape or not. Should we also fine the athletes for smoking legal substances or chewing tobacco? They know that it is not healthy, but some do it anyway. How could we do that, if Steve Howe gets 8 chances for marijuana possession?

We all want to see them in better shape, but offseason traing where the athlete is incentivized with bonus money to stay in shape might be the answer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast