Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Downie to Colorado...

...for D Kyle Quincey. Per ESPN

vCash
    They've spun Quincey to Detroit for D Sebastian Piche and a 2012 1st rounder

vCash
    Dammit, I didn't want downie moved. Not too familiar with piche, first rounder sounds nice though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americaspasttim View Post
    Dammit, I didn't want downie moved. Not too familiar with piche, first rounder sounds nice though...
    Piche was undrafted. Sounds like a throw in by Detroit to make room for Quincey. The 1st rounder was the main get for Stevie Y.

Bolts now have 2 first rounders and 3, possibly 4, second rounders. I have a feeling Yzerman's not quite done making deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BucFanInVA:21050573
    Piche was undrafted. Sounds like a throw in by Detroit to make room for Quincey. The 1st rounder was the main get for Stevie Y.

Bolts now have 2 first rounders and 3, possibly 4, second rounders. I have a feeling Yzerman's not quite done making deals.
    Maybe he's stockpiling picks for a goalie?

vCash
    ^ He better upgrade our blue-liners first. No goalie could withstand the onslaught of shots that our D regularly gives up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BucFanInVA:21051213
    ^ He better upgrade our blue-liners first. No goalie could withstand the onslaught of shots that our D regularly gives up.
    With the continued (hopefully) improvement of Hedman, I think we'll be in decent shape. We do need some more pieces, but goalie is the most pressing need imo. Don't get me wrong, I'd be psyched if he turned some of those picks into say Suter lol...

vCash
    Ya...didn't want to see him moved either.
    Downie still has plenty of upside at age 24.....he is sandpaper, no doubt, but his game has come a long way, and he can just as easily play on a second line, as he could on a third line.

Question for the Lightning: Who in the BLUE HELL is our enforcer now??
    Team toughness has taken a bit of a nose dive.....Kubina is gone, Malone is probably gone soon, Lecavalier is out indefinitely or day to day, depending on who you hear it from, Moore is gone, and now Downie.

I really hope they bring back up Pierre-Cedric Labrie and Mike Angelidis.....particularly Labrie. He is a classic in your face third liner, and did pretty well while he was up before.

Cmon Stevie Y....you played with guys like Kirk Maltby, Darren McCarty and Kris Draper....you know how important team toughness is to allow the talent to do their jobs.....who do we have now??

vCash
    PineApple the only guy we have is Radko Gudas ... but they refuse to bring him up.

I don't know what to say about the Downie Trade.

Essentually we gave up Downie for Detroit who had nothing to give to get the guy they wanted.

That is how I see this.

So Detroit couldn't get Quincey for what in all reality is likely the last pick in the fist round. Which will likely be a decent pick. But around those picks you are looking at people who will play for you in three years or so ... not a top ten pick in the draft that is close to NHL ready.

So they called on thier boy to help them get the guy they wanted ... cause Steve is selling ... and looking to build for 2015.

So we gave up Downie to help the boys in Red.

Awesome trade for Detroit I guess. They got who they wanted.

For us ... it just confirms we are going to be living with the reality that is Edmonton for a while. A good core of players, but likely not going after a cup for a while.

We have a good goalie in the AHL, he will be ready next year or the year after ... so I guess it makes sense to stockpile in the minors.

My only fear is the fan base in Tampa is a very what have you done for me lately fan base ...

By the time we are ready to go again it may take a while to get butts back into seats ... so i hope they think they know what they are doing.