Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    Quincey is leading the Avalanche in minutes played; he must be doing something right.

As Dave Hodge said about Ken Holland and first round picks years ago: "Pick, schmick".
    Im with you all of the way.

vCash
    I actually like this trade as well. Our defense is going to awesome now. Maybe something like this?

Lidstrom - White
    Kronwall - Quincey
    Ericsson - Stuart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    Quincey is leading the Avalanche in minutes played; he must be doing something right.

As Dave Hodge said about Ken Holland and first round picks years ago: "Pick, schmick".

I'm right in here as well. The kids got 23 points on the season and has gotten quite a bit more seasoning since we last saw him. Its in no way a "Holy Crap, we got HIM!" trade. But I think the wings hardly need a huge shake-up at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    I actually like this trade as well. Our defense is going to awesome now. Maybe something like this?

Lidstrom - White
    Kronwall - Quincey
    Ericsson - Stuart
    So scrap Commie and Kindl?

vCash
    Maybe trade Commie for what we can, and keep Kindl based on youth/potential/he did look good in the beginning of the year. I don't know but something is going to happen with our D.

vCash
    I'll admit, I've been a bit hasty on bashing this move. Just read an interview with Holland and he seems to think Quincy's gonna be around for awhile. Guess I gotta trust him, I have no choice...although I will have to over look the Conklin debacle.

vCash
    now is when we swing a big deal and pack kindl in there... i have a feeling Holland's got something up his sleeve. In Holland we trust.
    BREAKOUT PLAYER OF THE YEAR..LEHGOO

DE 6'5 251 lbs OF PURE STEEL

#79 BIG WILLY YOUNG

vCash
    although I realize he is in the final year of his contract, I can't help but think the Wings have intentions of signing him if they offered the 1st pick. With the likely departure of Lidstrom next year and the potential of Stuart leaving, Kenny could be planning for a replacement. IDK, maybe I'm wrong. I don't hate the trade though.

vCash
    I personally like the deal. Quincey gives us a deep defensive rotation and can play the point on the power play's second unit. He may be in the final year of his contract but he is still a Restricted Free Agent so resigning is more than likely. And I don't know why everyone is so upset by losing the 1st rounder. The Red Wings only have 2 roster mainstays that they drafted in the 1st round, that being Kronwall and Kindl. Hell, of the teams top seven scorers, none are 1st round picks and six of the seven were picked in the 3rd or later.
    Last edited by sixteendgr; 02-22-2012 at 03:47 AM.

vCash
    Not a bad trade for the Wings, Q knows the system, logs big minutes, plays the power play, and PK along with being some what of a gritty player with decent size. 1st rounder would have been a 2nd sense the Wings like to trade down to acquire an extra 2nd along with an additional draft pick some where around the 4th round. Tbay gets an extra 1st to flip for a goalie that is desperately needed.

vCash
    Wings always seem to strike gold in the later picks though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    I'll admit, I've been a bit hasty on bashing this move. Just read an interview with Holland and he seems to think Quincy's gonna be around for awhile. Guess I gotta trust him, I have no choice...although I will have to over look the Conklin debacle.
    I have a very hard time calling Conklin a debacle. Given what he did last time he was here, the price we got him for, and knowing Jimmy Howard is probably going to start 75% percent of the games, its hard for Ken Holland not to sign a backup goalie for under 1 million. True he has looked like crap, but I seriously doubt too many wings fans were mad about it when we signed him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings734 View Post
    I have a very hard time calling Conklin a debacle. Given what he did last time he was here, the price we got him for, and knowing Jimmy Howard is probably going to start 75% percent of the games, its hard for Ken Holland not to sign a backup goalie for under 1 million. True he has looked like crap, but I seriously doubt too many wings fans were mad about it when we signed him.
    I'm not saying the initial signing was a debacle, I thought he was great in the first go-around. I'm refering to the way it ended up. It was a rare misstep on all sides. Holland doesn't make many signing mistakes and this wasn't really his fault, it was mishandled and it showed in Conks play. He really shoulda played more, but when you have a #1 goalie who is as confident in net as Jimmy is, what can be done? But I did see an interview with Conks at his first practice with the Griffins and he seems happy with his new roll and I'm sure he'll be the starter there. He won his first game as a Griff, BTW.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 02-23-2012 at 01:24 AM.

vCash
    I still want my 1st rounder back

vCash
    Where the Wings will be picking in the draft, their usual 3-5 from end, whoever they end up with is easily 5 years away from playing at The Joe. This is a good move and he'll be a solid Dman for us in coming years. Especially with Stuart being un-restricted at years end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast