Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Gotcha. Yeah its hard to get a read on Doron as right now some analysts have him in the teens and some have him in the late 20's to early 30's of the second. I think he could be a player but like you said a little undersized at the 2 and also might fall due to the lack of buzz around him since he was on the Kentucky team with 5 other players in this draft potentially.
    Yea I would LOVE to grab him with the second. Even though he is short ( DraftExpress has him messured in at 6'5" http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Doron-Lamb-5213/) which isn't to short for SG IMO. I also like Lamb because he doesn't need the ball to impact the game, plus he is a shooter. I think he would be a good third option.

vCash
    Look I'm not trying to say that Green will be an amazing NBA player. The comparison between Green's stats and Barnes stats was just to show that Barnes really wasn't THAAAT great this season like some people are trying to say, NOT to try and act like Green was going to be an NBA all-star. It was more to argue the case of Beal over Barnes, not to try and argue a ridiculous case like Green over Barnes. While I still think Green will be a damn decent role player and a great team player where ever he goes, I'll admit that taking Green with the Lakers pick (unless they make a highly unlikey DEEP playoff run and the pick ends up being no.28 or greater) would be ill advised.

The only situation in which I would truly like picking Barnes over Beal is if we then trade around a couple picks in order to move up and get Austin Rivers which I'm not sure what that would require as I've seen him mocked anywhere from 8th overall (which is just ridiculous) all the way to 24th overall (which is again, ridiculous).
    Last edited by CLEver; 04-15-2012 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    what are the odds cleveland puts in a bid for a guy like eric gordon. he is a rfa, fits perfectly into what the cavs are looking for? this would give them the ability to take a barnes or drummond (major project) in the top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalow80 View Post
    what are the odds cleveland puts in a bid for a guy like eric gordon. he is a rfa, fits perfectly into what the cavs are looking for? this would give them the ability to take a barnes or drummond (major project) in the top 10.
    I don't see anyway New Orleans lets him go after him being the key centerpiece to the Paul trade. Would be more likely that Indiana or New Jersey let Hibbert or Lopez go but don't see any of the three being moved at least next year unless through a trade. I think the best RFA that the Cavs would have a shot at if they wanted to go after him would be Robin Lopez from Phoenix who might be able to be had for upfront depth since Phoenix has Gortat now.

vCash
    Lopez and Varejao in the paint together would be hilarious. They would have to create a "best hair duo" award for the Cavs to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    Look I'm not trying to say that Green will be an amazing NBA player. The comparison between Green's stats and Barnes stats was just to show that Barnes really wasn't THAAAT great this season like some people are trying to say, NOT to try and act like Green was going to be an NBA all-star. It was more to argue the case of Beal over Barnes, not to try and argue a ridiculous case like Green over Barnes.
    Ok it sounded like you were trying to argue that. And I know Barnes didn't have that great of the season, but he has the potential to be as good of a scorer as Durant. I would be happy with Beal or Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    The only situation in which I would truly like picking Barnes over Beal is if we then trade around a couple picks in order to move up and get Austin Rivers
    I do not any part of Rivers. The kid can score but he would be a small SG, who doesn't pass, and has a horrible shot selection. Personally I would take Doron Lamb or Terrence Ross over Rivers.

vCash
    no on rivers!! we have to get this right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandspride View Post
    no on rivers!! we have to get this right!
    What's your reason for no on rivers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by specle1 View Post
    What's your reason for no on rivers
    This is why.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Austin-Rivers-5743/

The last thing we need is two short guards. Let alone one that is a selfish player, and doesn't when not to shot.

vCash
    rivers is to short not reliable needs the ball we dont need that

vCash
    First three picks please-

1- Barnes
    1- Melo
    2- D. Lamb

Irving/Lamb/Barnes/TT/Varejao

Gee 6th man with 3-man rotation of TT, Varejao and Melo in the paint

vCash

2012 Draft

Im still big on Brad Beal. If he's on the board at our selection and we pass on him ill be pretty disappointed (with the exception of us selecting Davis or MKG)

vCash
    I read on article today that said if the Cavs lose out they can finish as high as the third worst record but if they win out they can finish as low as the 9th worst record. I know it's hard to want your team to lose but I think for future of the Cavs they need to lose out and hope the lottery puts us in the top 5. The Cavs would be taking a huge step forward if they could walkaway with Either MKG, Beal, or Barnes (Obviously A. Davis would be huge but I doubt we get that lucky again)

vCash
    i agree so far we are 4th worst as of right now

vCash
    Big game for the tank against the Wizards. Hopefully we can lose out since Chicago said they won't rest their starters.

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast