Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 862

Thread: 2012 Draft

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    So I am bored in philosophy and was thinking that if we get in the 4-6 spots we have three options in Barnes, Beal, and Drummond. So I created 3 mocks for each player. Which one do you guys like best and what would you change?

    Option #1
    Barnes SF UNC
    Melo C Syracuse
    Lamb SG Kentucky
    Holloway PG Xavier

    Option #3
    Beal SG Florida
    Melo C Syracuse
    Leslie SF NC State
    Holloway PG Xavier

    Option #2
    Drummond C UConn
    Fournier SG Washington
    Miller SF UK
    Holloway PG Xavier

    If you can't tell I think Holloway will be special, what do you guys think?

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    So I am bored in philosophy and was thinking that if we get in the 4-6 spots we have three options in Barnes, Beal, and Drummond. So I created 3 mocks for each player. Which one do you guys like best and what would you change?

    Option #1
    Barnes SF UNC
    Melo C Syracuse
    Lamb SG Kentucky
    Holloway PG Xavier

    Option #3
    Beal SG Florida
    Melo C Syracuse
    Leslie SF NC State
    Holloway PG Xavier

    Option #2
    Drummond C UConn
    Fournier SG Washington
    Miller SF UK
    Holloway PG Xavier

    If you can't tell I think Holloway will be special, what do you guys think?
    It seems that most experts have Holloway in the late second round where it might be a reach to grab him in the 30's where Cleveland's two seconds are. I would take Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas over Holloway because of his size, the program he came from and his toughness that he would bring off the bench. I would go like this:

    Brad Beal
    Festus Ezeli - I think he is going to be better than Melo
    Draymond Green
    Tyshawn Taylor

    Add that to Hudson hopefully holding up the rest of the season and making an impact next year and the lineup could look like this:

    KI - Taylor
    Beal - Hudson
    Gee - Casspi
    TT - Green (He could play some SF at times too)
    Andy - Ezeli (Ezeli would come off bench to begin like TT this year)

    That could be a decent 10 man rotation right there where could play Beal and Hudson at times together. Maybe even possibly bring back Jamison as a locker room leader too for another year or two like they did with Parker this past year if he wanted to stay cheap. See him wanting to probably move to a legitimate contender though next year to make one last run. Also could put qualifying offers out to Hibbert, Robin or Brook Lopez and see if any of their teams don't end up matching them which they probably would or go after Spencer Hawes from Philly as a stopgap to Ezeli and put Andy at the 4. A lot of options they will have but in all I only see them coming out of the draft with 3 or even 2 picks if Hudson continues to play well as Grant might want to be doing some moving in the first round.

    Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    It seems that most experts have Holloway in the late second round where it might be a reach to grab him in the 30's where Cleveland's two seconds are. I would take Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas over Holloway because of his size, the program he came from and his toughness that he would bring off the bench.
    Ok, yeah I realize Tu is a reach where the Cavs are now but they could possibly buy a later second round pick right?

    But I know the kid, and if you watch his highlight tape he takes the game over when his team needs him most. Holloway has a nice jumper, and knows how to get to the rim. Also Tu is a leader on the court and of, plus he is just a great kid who I think can make a impact. I haven't looked into Taylor at all, but it would be hard to argue that he is more toughness then Holloway imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    A lot of options they will have but in all I only see them coming out of the draft with 3 or even 2 picks if Hudson continues to play well as Grant might want to be doing some moving in the first round.
    I don't think the Cavs will be moving around that much unless the Lakers get bounced out of the playoffs early or they fall in love with a prospect. The Cavs have to many holes on the roster to not fill them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I would go like this:

    Brad Beal
    Festus Ezeli - I think he is going to be better than Melo
    Draymond Green
    Tyshawn Taylor

    Add that to Hudson hopefully holding up the rest of the season and making an impact next year and the lineup could look like this:

    KI - Taylor
    Beal - Hudson
    Gee - Casspi
    TT - Green (He could play some SF at times too)
    Andy - Ezeli (Ezeli would come off bench to begin like TT this year)
    I would be ok if the Cavs would do that

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Clinton, OH
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    Draymond Green's season stats: 25.53 PER, 16.2 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.5 spg, .449 FG%, .388 3P%
    Harrison Barnes' season stats: 22.70 PER, 17.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.1 spg, .440FG%, .358 3P%

    Draft Beal, NOT Harrison with the 1st pick, we can get Green with the Lakers draft pick and lock up BOTH Wing positions for years to come

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,973
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    Draymond Green's season stats: 25.53 PER, 16.2 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.5 spg, .449 FG%, .388 3P%
    Harrison Barnes' season stats: 22.70 PER, 17.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.1 spg, .440FG%, .358 3P%

    Draft Beal, NOT Harrison with the 1st pick, we can get Green with the Lakers draft pick and lock up BOTH Wing positions for years to come
    Yeah, that's a great way to project a players future performance in the NBA......


    I like Beal more than Barnes, but in no way does Draymond Green even come close to possessing the same type of ceiling Barnes has.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Yeah, that's a great way to project a players future performance in the NBA......


    I like Beal more than Barnes, but in no way does Draymond Green even come close to possessing the same type of ceiling Barnes has.
    I would be happy with either, but I think Barnes has a higher ceiling then Beal. But Beal is a surer pick. I also feel that their is more depth at SG in the draft then SF. We could get Barnes then someone like Lamb, Jenkins, or Buford.

    And Clever do you really think Green and Barnes are anywhere close to being the same caliber college player or NBA prospect?

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I would be happy with either, but I think Barnes has a higher ceiling then Beal. But Beal is a surer pick. I also feel that their is more depth at SG in the draft then SF. We could get Barnes then someone like Lamb, Jenkins, or Buford.

    And Clever do you really think Green and Barnes are anywhere close to being the same caliber college player or NBA prospect?
    I would not be upset with Barnes at the top of the draft but I would want them to get Terrence Ross from Washington with their second first then if he was there as he can shoot lights out. No way will Lamb not be a lottery pick. Jenkins would not be a bad option though in the second as he is a shooter as well. Have no problem with Buford but he feels like a John Salmons type player to me that will only just be a role player for his career and his defense lacks at times when he gets frustrated on the offensive side.

    Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,973
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I would be happy with either, but I think Barnes has a higher ceiling then Beal. But Beal is a surer pick. I also feel that their is more depth at SG in the draft then SF. We could get Barnes then someone like Lamb, Jenkins, or Buford.

    And Clever do you really think Green and Barnes are anywhere close to being the same caliber college player or NBA prospect?
    I agree with that assessment. Barnes has a higher ceiling, Beal has the higher floor. Hopefully Lester Hudson stops ruining our tank job so we can get one of them.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I agree with that assessment. Barnes has a higher ceiling, Beal has the higher floor. Hopefully Lester Hudson stops ruining our tank job so we can get one of them.
    Beal hasn't even declared yet and from the talk in St. Louis from his family it seems that he might not and stick another year with Patric Young and Kenny Boynton at Florida.

    Should be interesting but it seems like a lot of players that could have been first rounders are returning to school once again this year such as Cody Zeller, Quincy Miller, McAdoo, Trey Burke, Tony Mitchell, Mason Plumlee, Mike Moser, and CJ McCollum.

    The one thing with this draft though is that it seems that there are no real foreign players making an impression at least not in the first round.

    Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Clinton, OH
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    Except for scoring .9 less points per game, Green was better in every category than Barnes he's also got more heart and hustle than Barnes, Barnes is the better athlete, Green is the better team mate
    Last edited by CLEver; 04-13-2012 at 10:26 AM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    Except for scoring .9 less points per game, Green was better in every category than Barnes he's also got more heart and hustle than Barnes, Barnes is the better athlete, Green is the better team mate
    Are you expecting Green to play SF. He is bench guy that will have trouble finding a definate spot on an NBA roster as he is not big enough for most 4's and not fast enought for most 3's. He has the same issues that Derrick Williams had last year as you don't know where to play him except he isn't as talented as Williams with creating his own shot or physical abilities and that is why one is a early first round picka and one will be an early second round pick.

    I like the guy and would not mind him with one of the seconds as he would be a good presence to bring off of the bench but to compare him and Barnes is f'ing ludacris regarding NBA potential.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 04-13-2012 at 10:50 AM.

    Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I would not be upset with Barnes at the top of the draft but I would want them to get Terrence Ross from Washington with their second first then if he was there as he can shoot lights out. No way will Lamb not be a lottery pick. Jenkins would not be a bad option though in the second as he is a shooter as well. Have no problem with Buford but he feels like a John Salmons type player to me that will only just be a role player for his career and his defense lacks at times when he gets frustrated on the offensive side.
    I am talking about Doron Lamb not Jeremy Lamb. I think Doron could make it to the second pick, because of his lack of height. But we may have to trad up a bit.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    Except for scoring .9 less points per game, Green was better in every category than Barnes he's also got more heart and hustle than Barnes, Barnes is the better athlete, Green is the better team mate
    Barnes is a better player though, and has better potential. If Green was anywhere as good as Barnes he would be a top 10 pick

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I am talking about Doron Lamb not Jeremy Lamb. I think Doron could make it to the second pick, because of his lack of height. But we may have to trad up a bit.
    Gotcha. Yeah its hard to get a read on Doron as right now some analysts have him in the teens and some have him in the late 20's to early 30's of the second. I think he could be a player but like you said a little undersized at the 2 and also might fall due to the lack of buzz around him since he was on the Kentucky team with 5 other players in this draft potentially.

    Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I agree with that assessment. Barnes has a higher ceiling, Beal has the higher floor. Hopefully Lester Hudson stops ruining our tank job so we can get one of them.
    I know right! We nee a top 5 pick to get back on track

    So I got to questions:

    1.) Does Barnes have the chance to be a scorer like Durant?

    2.) Do the Cavs risk drafting Drummond? He could either be the next Dwight or a bust IMO

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •